Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

The Worlds Fastest Indian *Possible Spoilers

Hello Movie-List.

I've just come back from a screening of 'The Worlds Fastest Indian', the new Roger Donaldson (Sleeping Dogs, The Recruit) movie. I was able to watch it during the media/staff screening.

The 'world' premier takes place on the 12th in Invercargill.

Anthony Hopkins plays Burt Munro, an old man from Invercargill hoping to set a land speed record in Salt Lake City. The movie is rather good, Hopkins delivers a great performance that should impress anyone (puts on a good NZ accent too). The film mostly follows his journey from New Zealand to USA, and his journey to Salt Lake City and the people he meets.

When Munro finally gets to the race course, people doubt his motorcycle will set a record, or even get passed 60mph.

I recommend this movie for an older age group (20-100), teenagers would not be interested in this, its to much of a drama. I give it a 8/10 (-2 for seeing Mayor Tim Shadbolt trying not to smile during a serious scene; hes famous for his big cheezy smile).

Credits

Exclamation Go Indian!

Aww ! Haven't seen it yet but you wouldn't give it a -2 just for Tim's grin. He can't help it [I think it's genetic - at least he had it when i first saw him 1971 when he was probly NZ's biggest s**tstirrer!]

It seemed to get good reviews here after "world premiere" and I think it just wasnt kiwi parochialism. Hoping it does well and Sir Anthony gets some credibility back after too much Lecter. Looking forward to seeing it.

cheers mate
    "Heart and humour and humility will lighten your heavy load"
    Joni Mitchell