Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by corfy
    My sister-in-law, who claims to like science fiction, had never seen any of the SW films until about 4 years ago
    no wonder she'd never seen them. star wars is fantasy and not sci-fi

Quote Originally Posted by radstar
    Watch 4-6 first then 1-3. The way it was meant to be seen.
    nope, you're wrong. ep 1 - 6 is the way to go
    Last edited by bendermac; 11-10-2005 at 06:13 AM.

Credits
    hmmm...tough question. i think there could be some changes made but mostly continuity related. like at the end of Ep3, when we finally see Vader in his suit....his robes are under his shoulder bells. he didn't have them like that until Ep5. in Ep4, his robes were over. there were some scenes i could have avoided as well.

hmmm...... very tough question. maybe rework the entire saga to make R2 the real hero and not Anakin with Luke's help. he was there at all the right scenes and if he wasn't, some very important battles would not have been won. R2 is the real hero....

as far as watching the saga in its entireity....i think anyway that makes the most sense to that person. i actually did a star wars day at my house with my boy and watched all 6 from start to finish,1 thru 6. what a marathon but you could tell of the differences between the two trilogies. but i can understand people wanting to watch it they way they did in the theaters...4-6, then 1-3. whatever works best for them.

i dont think i would change anything. really. yeah, it has it's problems as most movies do. but what counts is the impact that these movies have had on the world of film making...and on the world in general.
    Last edited by redbear; 11-10-2005 at 07:05 AM.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Watch 4-6 first then 1-3. The way it was meant to be seen.
    absolutely agree!! 4-6, 1-3 thats the only way and thats how the history was written...
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    One of my teachers a the University of Iowa is a HUGE Star Wars fan and he said that he watched the saga from I-VI a few days ago and the full story arcs were powerful.

One of the questions that I've had cruising through my cerebelum was how I would show the films to my children for the first time. If the special effects work is all updated in IV-VI in order to match I-III, then I'll show them I-VI. Then, when they are older, I'll show them the original theatrical versions of IV-VI, when they are able to appreciate them more.

However, I think that VI has one of the weakest last scenes in all the films. The score is horribly weak and the last image is a little goofy, given its place in the saga. This is meant to be the culminating moment of six films, and there should be a little more attention given to it considering it is the final part of a twelve hour action/melodrama.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    thats true, but anyway - I stand behind what I said - watch it in 4-6 1-3 order. For example the first scene ever in SW movies - galactit cruiser atacking rebel ship, thats so powerfull itself, that it is the best introduction in such a movies in whole saga it can get. But when you watch EI? I dont even remember whats the first scene! ´ve got the point?
    when you watch it in 1-6 order, you get characters presented in order, as they are supposed to be in the storyline, but it isnt so magical, like when you get into the sixth part, where you get right into the middle of story, into the action, when you get into galaxy ruined by terrible rule of Sith. That is, what I think, the magic of original StarWars. God knows, if it would be so powerful if shown in 1-6 order since the begining. Imagine, that GL would have such a tech. 30y ago to create EpI - would you be interested so much? I dont think so. The cult created ´round SW isnt made just by being so great (talking of movies), but by magic created around it, when you watch some powerful story of some little boy, you dunno where are his origins, you dunno what happened with whole galaxy, with Jedies, its all hidden to you...and then - BOOM! 1-3!!! Wow! So thats how it happened! Wow, I reallly like that...lets see it again
    understand?
    1-6 order isnt so powerful like 4-6 1-3.
    Story of D.Vader is much more powerful too, because you dont really know why is he so cruel and how can he be father of Jedi, who is so powerful. While watching 4-6 without knowing what happened in 1-3, the magic is much stronger, because the characters are all hidden behind courtain of story...
    thats my opinion and I´m lucky that I didnt see SW in 1-6 order...and showing to my children? Definitely 4-6 1-3...the last episode - the third one - must be most powerful - and it is, for me....of course only in fact, that I saw 4-6 first )

Credits
    but what ur forgetting is that one of the major plot turns when Vader announces he is Luke's father. Watching it from 1 to 6, that moment in 5 is much stronger! And then Luke has a sister? Umm... woah!!!! There are moments that make the sagas order better and other moments that make the historical order better.

Like I said previously, its the little characters that are missing. For example, the new saga only works around the mains. In SW2, we see Obi's friend at the Diner. We almost have that old trilogy feeling of some kind of backstory tot heir relationship which he explains greatly about his knowledge of technology and alien charactor. You just don't have those random extras to go along with the mains. Like Lando's sidekick in the falcon in SW6. U need stuff like that.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak
    but what ur forgetting is that one of the major plot turns when Vader announces he is Luke's father. Watching it from 1 to 6, that moment in 5 is much stronger! And then Luke has a sister? Umm... woah!!!!
    Watching it in 1-6 order? No? Thats not true, because you allready know that!! You know everything about these relationships! Theres no surprise!
    Watching in 4_6 and 1-3, yes, thats the one )
    but true is, that some moments make this and some this. I think every1 has to keep their own opinion, because there´s no way of this discusion....
    I say 4-6, 1-3

Credits
    Okay, those are all valid points. I guess that for the first run make it IV-VI and then I-III. But for future runs make it I-VI for the full arc of Anakin.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6
    Watching it in 1-6 order? No? Thats not true, because you allready know that!! You know everything about these relationships! Theres no surprise!
    Watching in 4_6 and 1-3, yes, thats the one )
    but true is, that some moments make this and some this. I think every1 has to keep their own opinion, because there´s no way of this discusion....
    I say 4-6, 1-3

How can there be no surprise??? U don't know about the relationships. If your talking about ppl that have seen it then your right. I'm (and assume we all r) talking about for someone that hasn't seen Star Wars. I'd still recommend the historical way but for full effect in story wise, the sagas order for all surprises and suspense in correct order. Its just all the little surprises make better use for 1 to 6. 1-3 is all structured in the way for all surprises are only fan based for satifaction and closure. Nothing more. That's what Star Wars problem was too. Stories were all too seperate.

1-3 = War grand scale
    4-6 = Individuals in war

Mix those 2 sections together and you got a very interesting way to show a story. Band Of Brothers did this. Showing both grand and individual. Many more shows and movies did this too.

Credits
    ONLY MY OPINION:lets see it on scene, where DV says he´s LS´s father. When you watch it 4-6, thats surprise, coz you couldnt know that!...and with Leia being Luke´s sista? Surprise! But watching it 1-6, theres no surprise - you already know Padme gave a born to Luke and Leia, you know AS is their father - so: DV is their father. And you know that since third episode. But watching 4-6 1-3, you are wondering, wow - hows that possile? how could HE be HIS and HER father?! Thats impossible. They were seperated across whole galaxy! And then? - an explanation in form of episode 1-3 with such a powerful ending - oh, now I know, how it all happened!
    u know what I meant?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6
    ONLY MY OPINION:lets see it on scene, where DV says he´s LS´s father. When you watch it 4-6, thats surprise, coz you couldnt know that!...and with Leia being Luke´s sista? Surprise! But watching it 1-6, theres no surprise - you already know Padme gave a born to Luke and Leia, you know AS is their father - so: DV is their father. And you know that since third episode. But watching 4-6 1-3, you are wondering, wow - hows that possile? how could HE be HIS and HER father?! Thats impossible. They were seperated across whole galaxy! And then? - an explanation in form of episode 1-3 with such a powerful ending - oh, now I know, how it all happened!
    u know what I meant?
    You forgot to mention one other point, we know from 3 that Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader. If we hadn't seen 1) the renaming of Anakin by Palpatine/Sidious, and 2) the rescue and rebuilding of Vader from Mustafar (or whatever planet that was), then that revelation in V would still be just as powerful because we wouldn't have known that Anakin and Darth Vader are the same.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    I've modified my list by removing

-Deletion of Anakin's apology scene with Obi-Wan before Obi-Wan leaves to attack Grievous
    Upon further review of the film and that scene in particular, I see now that Anakin was lying to Obi-Wan. It's kind of like that test where you're like "sorry I was being a bitch" to someone and they reply "that's okay" and then your reply "so you think I was being a bitch?!". I was put off with the how light the scene seemed to be, but it ends with Anakin's smile fading as he stands closer to the shadow. It's a dark scene that comes across as a light one. I think it works and I remove my previous remark from the record.

Credits
    This is funny.

Okay every one of you tell me the list of the star wars movies you watched in order. And how you would watch them the first time again. Everyone must do it.

Me:
    I watched 4,5,6,1,2,3 in that order.

Here is what I will think if I have watched 1-6 for the first time ever....

1: O...kay. Weird looking creatures AND robots. And there are way too many of them. Jar Jar Binks? Yousa? Oh okay, here we go. Where did that darth maul guy get his face painted? That's pretty cool looking. Darth Maul's light saber is awesome, I can't wait to see more of it in the next 5 movies! Can we please focus on something else besides that little boy? Padme is a queen. What a huge shocker. Okay, that wasn't a bad show.

2: So... that Anakin dude is the little boy from the first movie. I got it. I think he got a crush on padme. Look at R2 flying! AWESOME! Yoda seems to be younger in this movie. Don't let the animals eat Padme, Anakin, and Obi-Wan!!! Ew, his arm got cut off. Look at Yoda! *claps hands* GO YODA!! Anakin and Padme got married. Hmph... sweet.

3: I wonder what this movie is going to be about. Anakin and Obi-Wan's a team again to hunt down Count Dooku and Grievious. Padme's pregnant? Why have they been up to? Hmm?? Practicing with his light saber? He wants to save Padme. He joined the dark side. No shiiit. I can't believe that happened. He almost killed Padme! He's trying to kill Obi! What is happening here?!?!!! Oh my god.. is anakin going to die? That's a weird looking mask. *silence then hears darth vader's breathing* Ooo.. that was awesome. TWINS?? This is soo sad! And she died! And look... jar jar binks is still alive. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4: Kay it's good. I recognize that darth vader dude. He's a bad bad man. That's Luke? Luke of Luke and Leia? Hey, it's C3PO and R2. They reunited! And how coincidence is it that Luke gets them both. Who is Ben? Ben is lying to Luke. Uh.. hey? Anakin didn't die. He turned in Darth Vader, kay? Ben mysteriously disappears. Chewie and the droids are funny. Princess Leia? Hmm.. let me think here. His name is Luke. And her name is Leia. And Darth Vader is trying to kill them. GEt OUT OF THE GARBAGE PIN!!! Yay, they got medals for saving the princess.

5: Okay Luke and Leia. They don't know they're brother and sister? Seems that Darth Vader has returned and he got a big moon. Hey, I remember Yoda! He lifted up that ship. Sweeeet. Woa... Han Solo is... is... dead? *gasps!!* Darth Vader is going to kill his son?? "I am your father." Uhh... DUH? Why didn't you tell him, Ben?!?! WHY??

6: I remember Bobba the Hut. I can see he's still fat and ugly. But that big guy under the ground is scaring me. Is he going to eat Luke? Luke saves everyone. Sweeeet. Yoda dies. Aaawww... Woa.. didn't Ben disappear just like that? But it's about time he said Luke has a sister. I thought Yoda was never going to finish that sentence. Look at all these big flying starships! Bang bang! Look at all these cute cuddly teddy bears. How adorable. What? Did he say something? I can't understand him. Oh it's a different language. Leia's his sister. She knows now. Is Luke going to save his father from the dark side. Hey old dude, stop shocking him. *gasps!!* WOAAA!! Darth Vader saves his son. How sweet! Happy happy ending!

The only thing that would surprise me is that Jar Jar Binks survived in episode 3.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I remember Bobba the Hut.

my dear steph, it's jabba the hut. bobba is bobba fett, a bounty hunter

Credits
    Okay every one of you tell me the list of the star wars movies you watched in order. And how you would watch them the first time again. Everyone must do it.
    Well, I watched them 4, 6, 5, 1, 2, 3. I wouldn't recommend anyone else do the same. But I saw 4 on TV, and then I remember 6 coming to the local theater so I begged my parents to take me, but I didn't even know there was a 5 so I was lost through a large part of the movie. It wasn't until later that I saw 5. At the time, I hated 5, but I have grown to like it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast