Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Thumbs down Uwe Boll going to make a feature film adaption of "Meal Gear Solid"

according to the german film and dvd website cinefacts.de, uwe boll (director of blood rayne and other abominations) will do the film adaption of the best selling and top rated game "metal gear solid". if this really true, then hideo kojima is totally out of his mind allowing that. we all know that uwe boll is without a doubt an incompetent director, who can't do nothing right, except wasting a lot of money.

please kojima san, don't let this happen. give the film adaption to a director who really understands film making.

Credits
    I've come to the conclusion that VIDEOGAME = BAD MOVIE,
    I give up, unless someone can give me one example of a good movie based on a videogame.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children (animated)
    Street Fighter II Movie (animated)
    Mortal Kombat

I haven't given up on video game adaptations yet.
    I HAVE given up on Uwe Boll... in fact, I heard somewhere that Germany had some sort of tax loop-hole about movies that lose money.. which is why he was getting financing for his crappy flicks....?

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet
    I HAVE given up on Uwe Boll... in fact, I heard somewhere that Germany had some sort of tax loop-hole about movies that lose money.. which is why he was getting financing for his crappy flicks....?
    It's possible... e.g. "The Producers" - bad art=big money. I think it's possible also in Germany.

and one more think - God help us with Uwe Boll!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet
    Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children (animated)
    Street Fighter II Movie (animated)
    Mortal Kombat

I haven't given up on video game adaptations yet.
    My apologies for not being specific, Show me a Live action videogame movie That was good. Unfortunately I don't agree with Mortal Kombat.
    Although I answered my own challenge when I remembered the first Tomb Raider movie.
    I'm fed up because I was a HUGE FAN of BloodRayne, and though it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, It was bad anyway.

Credits
    This news doesn't sound too real since the new MGS is about to be released on the PS3 in a few months if not more. Strange to have a movie already from a new popular game. Doubtful information.

Also, lets see how Halo movie turns out!!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I enjoyed Resident Evil.

of course, I never played it
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    don't you love this guy Uwe Boll?

I'm still waiting for this movie:

Uwe Boll vs. Paul W.S. Anderson

Credits
    this is like da worst movie news ever!! how can dis be possible.. heck why doesnt Uwe realise his making **** adaptations.. no1 likes em.. so why create more hatred!! such an idiot!! metal gear deserves to be put under the care of a big directors hand.. not this worthless peice a crap!

Credits

hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat
    My apologies for not being specific, Show me a Live action videogame movie That was good. Unfortunately I don't agree with Mortal Kombat.
    Although I answered my own challenge when I remembered the first Tomb Raider movie.
    I'm fed up because I was a HUGE FAN of BloodRayne, and though it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, It was bad anyway.
    WE ALL KNOW THAT THE BEST VIDEO GAME MOVIE OUT THERE IT SUPER MARIO BROS!!!!! HAHAHA!! YES!!!... wait... um...

um....

uwe boll should never direct again. I cant see how people want him to direct the Halo movie, which, by the way, if it gets a good director, such as ridley scott or christopher nolan, will probably be the most epic movie in history.
    uwe boll can kiss my colon
    I dOnt mAkE mONkiES, i jUst TRaIn tHem!

j7wild Guest
    Uwe Boll is not doing MGS or Halo...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild
    Uwe Boll is not doing MGS or Halo...

Well lets hope not.. everything that man tutches turns to S***

Fed7haS

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat
    My apologies for not being specific, Show me a Live action videogame movie That was good.

...wait.

George Romero was SUPPOST to do Resident Evil, but when they told him they already had a script, he read it and walked off the project. Good for him - I bet he had an AMAZING zombie tale that was maybe...I dunno. based on the events in the game? Possible...

Here's a good point I've heard brought up: With a movie, you have 2-3 hours tops to get to know and care about the characters. With a videogame that's strong on story....you have maybe 40. So when something dramatic happens, you've got much more invested in these characters. FF7 anyone?

It's gonna take a GREAT script and great acting to make a great video game to movie. So far, I can't think of anything that's lined up perfectly. A few close ones though.

Credits
    Is Silent Hill close to the game? I heard its awesome!

j7wild Guest
    I liked it; very close to the games but the critics sunk it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast