Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

2005: A Down Year At The Movies(An Interesting Fact)

There is no doubt that it was a down year at the movies(in the U.S.) with lower revenue, lower ticket sales, etc. But I wanted to find out how many films from 2005 and then back to 2000 show up on the Top 100 List of All Time Box Office Grosses and here is what I found:
    2005 - 11
    2004 - 9
    2003 - 7
    2002 - 9
    2001 - 10
    2000 - 7

I thought this was quite interesting. I guess this means there were plenty of strong blockbuster movies this year, just the lower tier of movies were weak.

Credits
    Thats actually really interesting. Its a cry of help from the people "GIVE US GOOD MOVIES"
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

j7wild Guest
    2006 will be better especially with movies like DaVinci Code, X Men 3, Lady In The Water, Cars, etc etc

Credits
    no kidding. i had read that there was only one movie that made it past the $300mil mark....Ep3. whereas in previous years it had been more. For me, I don't feel like spending the money on mediocre films. It costs me around $40 for one movie whereas if i wait 3 to 6 months, i can see it in my home theater (without all the hassles) and save 90% !!! i do go out and see movies, but i really have to be motivated, something that recently doesn't happen often. (Ep3, Narnia and Kong where the only ones this year that did that)
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    I have to agree too with 2005 being a slow year. Started off strong but down hill in the second half. Batman Begins was obviously the finest choice. I still throw the DVD in my bag on the way to work.