Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Cool The "Superman Curse"

From Scifiwire:

Robert Meyer Burnett, one of the crew members on Bryan Singer's Superman Returns, told SCI FI Wire that he was mugged in Sydney last year during the movie's production, but denies it's part of a supposed "Superman curse." Burnett—who directed Singer's online production blogs and will produce the eventual special edition of the Superman Returns DVD—was mugged while leaving a bar in Sydney, he said in an interview at WonderCon in San Francisco.

"I was mugged coming back from a club called Club 77 where I had gone with [Superman Returns star] Kate Bosworth, her assistant Jackie and a bunch of crew members," Burnett said. "And I was talking to my wife on the phone as I was leaving the club, which was about three blocks from where I lived, and four guys jumped me and they beat the s--t out of me. ... And my phone was on still and Yelena, my wife, had to hear the whole thing from over the phone."

Burnett suffered three cracked ribs in the attack. Police eventually caught his assailants, he added. (Burnett is also known as the writer and director of the Star Trek-themed independent movie Free Enterprise.)

But Burnett denied that his attack was part of a so-called "Curse of Superman," which has developed because of the accidents and other mishaps to have befallen people involved in productions about the Man of Steel, notably the death of original TV Superman George Reeves and the disabling accident of Superman film star Christopher Reeve.

"I don't think there's a Superman curse, I really don't," Burnett said. "But I think that in Australia, which is a hard-drinking, hard-partying kind of town, sometime you have to just not walk by yourself places. By the way, I love Australia. Love it. I had a great time."

That said, Singer's production has seen its share of accidents. One member of Burnett's crew fell down a flight of concrete steps, and another crew member went through a glass window and punctured his lung. "They're all fine," Singer said in a separate interview at WonderCon. "They all recovered. ... I always joke that the DVD crew [bore] the brunt of the curse, so that we don't have to, hopefully."

Seriously, though, Singer downplayed talk of a curse. "No, I think they're just referring to the tragedy of George Reeve's suicide and Christopher Reeves' accident," he said. "I think that's what people are really talking about. And I think there are other movies that have had a lot more deaths surrounding them than Superman." Superman Returns opens June 30. —Patrick Lee, News Editor
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    I believe this is a bunch of horse feathers, its so stupid that it reduced me to using the term "horse feathers". I believe what Burnett said about Australia if you are in a "rough part of town" or it is late and you're walking alone your bound to at one point or another run in to trouble. Countless people get mugged around the world without benefit of ghouls and goblins, especially without the benefit of curse and the like. If people believe in that a "Curse of Superman" why not a "Curse of Spider-Man" because we all heard the reports of Tobey Maguire hurting his back before the production of Spider-Man2 why didn't anyone come up the the Curse of Spider-Man? because it is utter foolishness accidents happen on set things happen in life you can't take in to account every little thing that might go wrong if you try you will go insane. Is it a curse? I think not its just life and people being a little overly superstitious.