Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Credits
    those games looked fun

they should be on fear factor

Credits
    Especially the fire pit. That would spice things up.

But it would have been fun to see Lionel eat some horse rectum...
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    i wonder what smallville would be like if Martha and Lionel died in the elevator

i bet it would be lame

Credits
    I bet that Clark would be all mopey. Oh, wait, he is anyways. He would probably just end up living at the Fortress of Solitude, yelling at a crystal.

Quite the sad life, isn't it, Kal-el?

Credits
    at the end.. when lionel called Clark, Kal'El... i got goosebumps.. it was awesome!!

Credits
    Jor-el must return! I say there should be a battle royale with Lionel (as Jor-el), Clark, and the 4 Milton Fines!

Credits
    that would be kick ***!!! i wonder who would win

Credits
    They would probably burn Honduras to the ground with all their heat vision going everywhere.

Now, here's a question...

Lionel had superspeed in an episode of Smallville. Before, Jonathan had powers for an episode and it nearly caused a heart-attack (and did a couple of episodes down the line). So why is Lionel still fit and healthy? Is it merely because of the crystal possession?

j7wild Guest
    tonight episode was okay but I am getting tired of Clark being jealous of Lana and Lex: hey Boy, you had your chance and you blew it!!

If Lana and Lex starts shagging, I'm not gonna watch anymore!!

Lois wasn't so annoying tonite and I think she come across best when she is not talking and when she is scantily dressed or naked (one shower scene and one scene where she was wearing a sports bra and tight shorts).

Credits
    I thought it was ridiculous how Clark and Chloe revealed the weakness to meteor rocks right at the same time they're talking about how the baddie could be a fly in the wall. Come on, grow a brain.

And yes, despite that this is the only episode where Clark knows about Lex and Lana, the jealousy was still old.

Oh yeah, did anybody else think that Graham (the baddie) looked strangely similar to Milton Fine? It was like a younger version of the same actor. Weird.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Will have my reviews for "Fade" and "Oracle" up late tonight.

Credits

Fade - Originally Aired on April 27, 2006

So, a hitman comes through Metropolis with the power to turn invisible. Sure, I'll bite. However, it seems that this dude turns to the dark side rather quickly (considering he was turned a freak by the second meteor shower and not the first). The tease was good and Metropolis was shot rather beautifully, but I wish that the loss of the lead witness was a bigger effect. As it stood now, it was just another guy that got killed. It would have been good if it had some ties to making Martha's job harder as Senator. Some more high profile case.

Great effects.

I liked the repeated themes from Season One's "Pilot" where Clark saves someone and is awarded lavish gifts. It also shows Clark assuming Jonathan's role as Clark very willingly returns the gifts, while in "Pilot" Jonathan forced him to return the Luthor truck. A very nice return to theme for the Kents. It also set up a pretty good episode entrance for Lois. Bringing her in on a laugh is always a better way to go. Just having her witness Clark macking on the hypnotist girl... not so much.

I really liked how the Clark/Chloe/Lana/Lex issue was danced around in this episode. From Chloe's avoidance of the issue to the final scene, the whole thing was handled quite well and quite realistically. Sure, it was rather contrived for Clark to walk in on Lex and Lana completely making out (far more passionately than before), but it still works. I also enjoyed seeing Chloe stand up for herself against a disappointed Clark. Just because Clark's a superhero, doesn't mean he's necessarily better than the rest of us. He has to learn that people have a right to their own personal lives and privacy. It's a great step forward for Clark in realizing his limitations.

You see that I'm pretty much dodging the A-story and that's because I really didn't care for it. It sort of reminded me of a smarmy Lex story but where Lex is taken out of the equation for a large chunk of the story. Which brings me to something else... during the Luthor Mansion attack scene, I was thinking that Lex would bang into the wall and the gun would come sliding out, like what was shown in "Void." It would have been a nice touch of continuity, but oh, well.

The death scene of Graham was also very good. It really made me angry (in an intended way, of course) that Lana was all over Lex because "he saved her life" when it was actually Clark but Lana will never know. It was a great moment that really made me feel for the poor farmboy.

Going back to Lois, it was interesting that something creepy (yet again) happens to someone in Smallville when they take a shower. It seems like any time someone takes a shower on the damn show something bad is going to happen. They need to start taking baths, then they'd be much safer. It was a great laugh moment for Lois to walk out of the bathroom, stark naked, right in front of Clark. That was a great twist in the scene. Very funny.

That reminds me of something else, too. Clark could hear Graham's heart beating throughout the Talon. I kept waiting for him to use his X-ray vision to find Graham. It seems that the writers forgot about that little power, didn't they?

While the episode wasn't the most exciting (last week's was much better), it did have a great character-building thread for Clark where Clark needs to save the people who need saving, and that it is beyond his choice who deserves to be saved. That is what separates Superman from Batman.

There was also a great character scene between Martha and Lois about dating the wrong types of men and finding the good ones. If Lois is going to be playing a big role in the mythos of Smallville, (whether I like it or not) she needs more character scenes like this one and less scenes where she's a piece of visual meat.

And DAMN IT Clark, just date Chloe already!

Episode Rating: 3.0 out of 5

Memorable Quotes:

Clark: "I hate to break it to you, but my ace reporter days ended when I left the Torch."

Lois: "What worries me is that when my Jonathan finally does come around, I'll be looking the other way and I'll miss him completely."

Lana: "I know you think you're being some kind of a hero, Clark. But the truth is I don't need you to protect me."

Credits
    ive noticed the writers are always sticking to his hearing capability over the xray vision... possibly as a cheap way out.. so they dont have to use special effects n stuff... lame *** reason i reckon. but definetly seems like it may be whats keeping em from usin da hearing ability over the xray.

j7wild Guest
    Tonite's episode 'Oracle' was great and it sets up several things to come for Season 6 which I can already tell it's going to be awesome and more action oriented.

The only bit that I still can't swallow is Lois and Clark are going to get serious because I don't think there is any chemistry between them and I am getting tired of her calling Clark 'Smallville'!!

Credits
    I really think they need to get rid of Lois Lane. It's not that I don't like the character, but she just shouldn't be that involved with Clark. Next thing you know, he'll be adopting Jimmy Olsen and becoming best buddies with the justice league guys while they're all teenagers.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast