Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Damn I paid 2.97/gal. today ... this is getting ridiculous. ...

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    I heard talk on CNBC today that the US might start importing gasoline at $3 a gallon, to put that into perspective, the gasoline you buy now for 2.97 in NYC only costs 2.23 if you bought it on NYMEX, or roughly 1.80 if you were the guy taking it out of the ground.

j7wild Guest
    I gotta get rid of my two V8s vehicles!!

Credits
    no my friend you need to get yourself some Exxon Mobil stock. XOM up 1.2% just today, pretty much doubled my money over the last few years and it's not even my best oil stock.

j7wild Guest
    I put gas this morning and it jumped another 15 cents and my cars only take Super: that's what it says on the gas cap, what happens if I put regular or Mid-Grade or is that another scam to make me spent more?

Credits
    hmm, well Super makes your engine run "better" it might give you say an extra 5,000 miles during the car's lifetime before the engine breaks down. Super (or Premium, or whatever they call it) has better efficiency but the mid-priced gas is always the best value. Quite honestly I always take the middle gas and I wouldn't get the top-priced gas unless I was driving a classic sports car or something very expensive where the engine is delicate. Putting premium in a Toyota is a waste of money.

Credits
    The car "experts" on cars.com say that putting anything other than the regular gas in your car is like pissing your money away...unless your driving a Porsche or something VERY high performance.

BTW, gas topped $3 on my way to work this morning!
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

j7wild Guest
    well I have a 2006 Lexus GS and it says Premium Unleaded Fuel only; can I still go to Mid Grade and save 15 cents per gallon?

Credits
    I really don't know if it makes any difference but most people just get the Mid-Grade and live to tell about it, lol, so if not switch altogether I think you can safely do it once in a while.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild
    well I have a 2006 Lexus GS and it says Premium Unleaded Fuel only; can I still go to Mid Grade and save 15 cents per gallon?
    Our County Extension Agent gave some fuel saving tips in her weekly column in the newspaper today. Here is one of them:

Your owner’s manual recommends the most effective octane level for your car. For most cars, the recommended gasoline is regular octane. In most cases, using a higher octane gas than the manufacturer recommends offers no benefit. Unless your engine is knocking, buying higher octane gasoline is a waste of money.
    Not sure if that helps.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

j7wild Guest
    I put mid grade yesterday and it runs the same...

thanks everyone

Credits
    it's around $1.80 - $2.00 per liter here in germany and there is no stop as of yet. it's actually getting more expensive evey day

Credits
    Paid $3.13/per gal. today.... this is getting bad.

Credits
    Prices jumped again yesterday here in Belgium, good thing I drive a diesel.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

j7wild Guest
    I filled up the car on Saturday at $3.05 per gallon;

Yesterday, everywhere I went, the same grade gasoline was averaging $2.79 per gallon.

That's almost a 30 cents drop in 24 hours; what is going on?

Someone is playing a mean game with us!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast