Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    j7wild Guest

Talking Katie Holmes Topless Scenes from "The Gift" !!

I seen this movie at the Theater and Katie Holmes was topless in 3 scenes.

When the DVD came out, the 3 scenes were edited out but the movie is still Rated R.

I heard this only happened on the U.S. edition of the DVD.

Here's are the deleted scenes!!

MOD EDIT: links removed

Last edited by editman; 07-12-2006 at 04:14 AM.

Credits
    I hate to say this but you've gone too far this time...

The information is false. Those are NOT deleted scenes. They all exist in the current R1 DVD intact.

Sorry to be a killjoy but I can't let that be an excuse to post those clips and screengrab here.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

j7wild Guest
    they are not in my copy of the R1 DVD (purchased in 2001, is there a new version?) that is why I shared those video clips

believe me, many of my customers have also brought back copies of the same 2001 DVD release complaining of the missing scenes and demanding a refund

my intentions wasn't to Spam or post movie clips containing nudity, they were sincere

Credits
    noooo, where are they?

oh well I'll just do a "Search" of the C: and D: drives, I know it's there somewhere...haha

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild
    my intentions wasn't to Spam or post movie clips containing nudity, they were sincere
    I'm not saying you're spamming. I said you're gone a bit too far.

I'm not so sure about the sincerity of not intending to 'post movie clips containing nudity' when starting a thread titled "Katie Holmes Topless Scenes...". I mean, that's precisely what you're doing, weren't you?

I'm just being uncomfortable about having these clips posted to the Forum, which may attract the wrong crowd.

And I did a bit of research. I couldn't find any info about the R1US DVD being censored. Maybe it is. Maybe you've set your parental control on your DVD player to PG by mistake. But I'm going to find out.

Tell you what. I don't want to be autocratic about it. So until a thorough check is done, you may post those links again (just use the edit button and re-add them to the first post.) But not the screengrabs.

BTW, no hard feeling, j7wild. We still you for who you are.

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by editman
    Maybe you've set your parental control on your DVD player to PG by mistake.
    I own a chain of video stores and several of my customers rented and/or purchased this particular movie because they heard of the Katie Holmes scenes.

These same customers brought back the DVD complaining that there was no such scenes in the movie and I then check the DVDs myself.

This DVD came out when Katie was still on Dawson's Creek and I heard that at the request of WB, those scenes were excised from the DVD release.

Credits
    aha! he's got an excuse! Stop the oppression edit, let the free people of ML enjoy all this world has to offer!

haha

j7 thanks for you know.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    aha! he's got an excuse! Stop the oppression edit, let the free people of ML enjoy all this world has to offer!
    Pardon me but I'm REALLY OFFENDED by this remark, even if it's a joke.

Oppression!? Since when regular moderation of potentially offensive material becomes an oppressing act!!!?

I don't have a problem with j7wild spending his online time sharing sexy pics with other members. But members posting unathorised material that contains nudity is a big no-no. That's why we removed the Michelle Trachtenberg pic in the other thread, despite that fact that it was I requested that in the first place (though expecting j7wild would PM me the link instead of posting to the open forum) .

We don't draw a line somwhere, everyone can post anything here to their own pleases. If so what does this Forum need moderators for?

We spend our own unpaid hours on an ongoing basis sheerly doing our jobs, and what we get in return are these ungrateful remarks.

And just for the record, I'm in the process of verifying what j7wild said is true or not, by spending my own money getting a copy of the potentially-censored R1 DVD of a film I already saw in cinema years ago and wouldn't normally revisit, just for the purpose of examination (and possibly renting a R4 copy and even purchasing another R2/R3 version for comparison). If the story didn't check out, the links will still be removed.

Credits
    Okay okay...
    We all love seeing boobies.
    But this is a public forum, open to everyone, and we have to try to keep it PG-13... or at least a very mild R.
    I enjoy "reading" J7's post everyday, and editman is doing a great job as mod.
    Let's leave thid thread behind us and focus on the many other beauties out there... besides, who wants to see the lifeless, programmed Katie Holmes anyways?

Credits
    JP has spoken. Let there be boobies

Anyway, I haven't seen The Gift. Will these scenes spoil the movie for me?
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    the gift you say ... i think i have it somewhere in hd but never seen the film. ironic isn't it. u have all the hd glory just waiting to be seen
    besides, i don't really care much for katie holme's boobies. i'd rather see winona ryder's

Credits
    Okay, finally got the Region 1 DVD of The Gift today (bought it from DVDPacific):

Did a scene-by-scene comparison check. All the so-called "deleted scenes" with nudity ARE on the DVD.

Hence the links to those clips are removed - not so much for the nudity, sheerly because the claim is a complete falsehood. And one thing I cannot stand (since the beginning of my membership here) it's members posting incorrect information, be it about movies, themselves or any other things. (Not to mention for costing your fellow admin $15US to prove that he IS right from the beginning).

And don't give me that "it's a re-release, so they must have put the scenes back on" excuse. ASAIK, the old version is in every way identical to the new version. They have the same running time. They have the same UPC code. The disc is authored the old Paramount way (skippable FBI warning in front etc). The only difference is the cover art (which is god-awful).

Anyone wants to see those scenes can buy/rent the DVD. (Even better, buy it from me.)

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

I standy by what I say;

I sell and rent movies for a living and I will not refund any $$$ unless I have verified the customers' complaints.

Unless you are calling me and everyone of my customers who brought back the DVD 5 years ago complaining about the missing scenes LIARS- Scenes I verified myself by watching each one of the returned DVDs before refunding their money.

oh and our copies cover art is different from yours;

in the back of your copy, what YEAR do they give for DVD cover art design?

BTW - The back of our DVDs says 111 min but according to IMDB, the running time is 112 min and 111 min for the USA and some foreign versions are CUT.

So the missing scenes are in the 112 min version.

Credits

I have this version. I'll check it today.

edit:

Okay... I just went through the whole movie, and there are definitely topless scenes in it... whether more was cut out or not I don't know... but these are what I found:

0:54:48
    1:35:21
    1:35:41
    1:36:24
    1:36:51
    1:37:08
    Last edited by Jean-Pierre Bazinet; 07-12-2006 at 06:15 AM.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

There is also a scene where Katie Holmes had full frontal nudity and in this DVD, she is wearing a pair of panties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast