</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by TheRockTQB:
<strong>are they going to make a ghostbusters 3 movie? i remember Dan Akroyd (cant spell his name) said he finished the script but was looking for a director, but that was a while ago...so has anything been confirmed?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't think so. Rumor has it that Columbia Pictures won't risk a huge budget to pay for the original cast & FXs, so it ain't gonna happen.

But then, they said there won't be a MIIB...

And think about it for sec, it won't be the same even if they make GB3 now. Don't get me wrong. GB is one of my favoruites of all time. I even love GB2. But it's been more than 10 years since GB2 came out. If they're making a second sequel now, all the FX will be CGIs. And it just won't feel the same as the optical FXs we all love so much in the first 2 films.

And what would the storyline go? First they succeeded from being nobodys. Then they succeeded again by bouncing back from the rock bottom.

To complete the trilogy, I say the gang would probably be big rich franchise fat cats in the beginning of the third one, then they remember that they once have the heart, courage and down and dirty when they're young, so at the end they triumph by defeating their own demons, blah blah blah.

Man, how would you like to see a second sequel like everyone can come up with the plot???...