Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Exclamation Need Help with FIREFOX PLEASE !!

IE is crashing after Microsoft installed some freaking update today.

I switched to AVANT and it freezes whenever I try to open a new webpage.

I went to FIREFOX and if I go to a website with an embedded Quicktime or Windows Media Player video, all I get is sound and no picture.

I went to the Firefox website and they don't tell you SQUAT.

Firefox Update says I have the latest version yet it's not working properly.

A Browser should automatically be set up to view videos in a website without the END user needing to figure out what Plug In to install.

Anyone uses Firefox?

If you use Firefox, can you see this video?

Cause all I get is sound and a continuous video of Windows Media trying to LOAD:

http://www.filecabi.net/video/shark081.html

Credits
    I'm at the office, and I don't have sound on my work computer (sorry... I did have headphones, but someone borrowed them and never brought them back, and I haven't bothered to get another pair). But I use Firefox and I see the picture just fine. And I have watched video from filecabi.net before using Firefox from home without any problems.

You might try this page for the common Firefox plugins: https://addons.mozilla.org/plugins/

And actually, it is the player programs that install the plugins typically, not the browser. Usually, when you install a program (say, Quicktime), it searches for all of the web browsers on your system and installs a plugin for each (which usually just links back to the main program). In your case, you probably had Quicktime installed before Firefox, so you don't have the plugin installed in Firefox.

IE uses a system called ActiveX that allows some plugins to sometimes be automatically installed just by visiting a website configured to install the plugins automatically, but it also allows malicious software to be automatically installed on webpages that are similiarly configured. which is one of the many reasons why I don't use IE.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits

Helping with Firefox

j7wild, I can see the video. It is something about a BBC documentary, I didn't wait to see more, only the first seconds.

It sounds strange what happened to you. I have MPC installed (K-Lite Mega Codec pack 1.53, maybe there is a new version). With MPC I have the plug-ins for more common codecs: Real Player, QuickTime, Windows Media.

I believe that you need to re-install the programs that have the plug-ins, like QuickTime and Windows Media Player. With MPC you can do it in one installation, but don't do anything only taking my words. Wait for more opinions.

j7wild Guest

Angry

i did a plugin check and everything on WMP is installed.

it works with IE and Advant, just now when you use Firefox.

Credits
    I see the video too.