Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit

Credits
    I would rather see Tim Burton do The Hobbit, that would be interesting.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    that would be interesting, but he would make the world weird, totally weird. And that would do no good
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Tim would do some parts of Silmarillion. The Hobbit is to light for him.

Credits
    I know this isn't connected Mithrandir01, but Sam Raimi would direct this one better than, let's say... Uwe Ball [or whatever this guy name is. He's destroying the movies. Or f***k them as many wold say]. So if Raimi will direct it, let's just be happy that they didn't pick some moron.

Tough Jackson would be the right choice.

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hatred leads to power.

Credits
    How about this...
    (sorry, known about this story for a few days, but forgot to post!)

From SCIFIwire

A day after Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson said he's bowing out of a film based on J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, MGM is saying the matter is far from closed, Variety reported.

Jackson had told TheOneRing.net that he and partner Fran Walsh were bowing out after New Line, which produced the Rings films and has production rights to The Hobbit, told them the studio was moving ahead with the project without them. Jackson has said he won't discuss The Hobbit until a lawsuit against New Line over Rings accounting practices was settled.

But MGM, which owns the distribution rights to The Hobbit, on Nov. 20 told Variety through a spokesman that "the matter of Peter Jackson directing the Hobbit films is far from closed." New Line had no comment about Jackson's statement.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post
    I know this isn't connected Mithrandir01, but Sam Raimi would direct this one better than, let's say... Uwe Ball [or whatever this guy name is. He's destroying the movies. Or f***k them as many wold say]. So if Raimi will direct it, let's just be happy that they didn't pick some moron.

Tough Jackson would be the right choice.
    About Uwe Boll you've right Method. My hard opinion about Peter Jackson comes from his style. I think, it will be fairest for The Hobbit, if it will be directed by same hand as LOTR trilogy.

Granite: I love good news

Credits
    More director news...(From Scifiwire)

The Los Angeles Times confirmed rumors that Spider-Man director Sam Raimi has been in talks about helming The Hobbit, taking the place of Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson.
    P.S. Hey mod's there are a few threads about The Hobbit. May I suggest merging them

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...ghlight=Hobbit

Credits

Thumbs down

Here's this article from LA Times:

Sam Raimi considering 'The Hobbit'
    In the wake of Peter Jackson's rift with the studio, the "Spidey" director may be next in line to take over fhe franchise.

Good-bye Spidey! Hello Bilbo?

In a move that would have ramifications for several major multi-nationals, and millions of fans, "Spider-Man" maestro Sam Raimi has been telling associates, as well as his corporate masters at Sony, that he is thinking of directing "The Hobbit," the prequel to J.R.R. Tolkien's masterwork, "The Lord of the Rings." At least two top-level insiders – who declined to be named -- have heard the words out of the director's mouth.

A year ago, such a swap of franchises would have been unthinkable, given that Peter Jackson co-wrote and directed the Oscar-winning "Rings" trilogy, but that was before the slugfest erupted between the once-rotund director and New Line honcho Bob Shaye.

Jackson is suing the studio over money he says is owed to him from the the "Rings" films, which grossed more than $3 billion at the box office and another $1 billion on DVD. In the last few weeks, Shaye has declared Jackson persona-non-grata at New Line, stating publicly that, "He will never make any movie with New Line Cinema again while I'm still working at the company."

According to a New Line source, the studio isn't just contemplating one "Hobbit" movie, but two. The prequel tells the story of hobbit Bilbo Baggins and how he first discovers the magical but sinister ring, the very object that drives the action in "Lord of the Rings."

Still, while Raimi might be an irresistable replacement for Jackson, his ascension to the directing chair is far from a sure thing. New Line says it doesn't have a deal with the director, and Raimi hasn't met with Shaye or production president Toby Emmerich. More potentially problematic is the fact that MGM owns the distribution rights to the film. An MGM spokeman insists that MGM remains firmly in the Jackson camp: "We support Peter Jackson, and when the dust settles, we believe he is the one who will be making this movie."

A call to Raimi's office was directed to his agent, Richard Lovett, at CAA. The agency did not comment.

For Sony, losing Raimi – who gave "Spider-Man" its distinctive visual theatrics – would be a blow. Studio chief Amy Pascal has said she wants to make six installments of the "Spider-Man" tale. Just this week, the studio announced it was rehiring David Koepp, who wrote the first film, to write "Spider-Man 4."

j7wild Guest
    Sam would be an excellent choice; he can make the Hobbit with a touch of Army of Darkness!!

Credits
    I have one question, does anyone else think that this is a stunt by the studios?
    What I mean is that it just seems like a huge publicity item for the studios to say that they have fired the original director and are looking for someone else. I don't know but it seems odd that you have only one out of the two studios saying that they will never work with Jackson again and the other saying that they definitely want him. I hope that studio A comes to their senses.

edit: don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Raimi. I think that he would be a wonderful replacement director. But I also agree with Mithrander, I want Jackson so that there will be some continuity between the films.

Credits
    Peter Jackson as "The Hobbit" director? Closer than you think...

TheOneRing (the article is too long to paste it here)

j7wild Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir01 View Post
    Peter Jackson as "The Hobbit" director? Closer than you think...

TheOneRing (the article is too long to paste it here)
    yup Mithy!!

I have the new issue of Entertainment Weekly and the cover is the Hobbit and how it's getting closer to being made with Peter Jackson onboard!!

cover here:

http://www.ew.com/ew/inside/issue/0,...958959,00.html

article here:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20142132,00.html

Credits
    Who will play young (51-year old ) Bilbo Baggins? (Ian Holm might be too old)

There's first name - Martin Freeman

his IMDB site

Credits
    do ya have a source, or is that your tip? : )

Credits
    No it's not my tip, but... why not Freeman?

source: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/09/17...to-the-hobbit/

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast