Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    blah blah blah ..... assumption was flawed because Bryan had always planned on doing another film before Superman 2, be it Logans Run or another.
    .... when was this announced ?? i have not heard that Logan's Run was going to be remade.... not to highjack this thread but can anyone give more info on this ?? i loved the original and would hate to see it get remade badly. not that i don't like Singer (as i thought he did a fairly good job with both Xmen and Superman) ... but the thought does make me a little nervous.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear View Post
    .... when was this announced ?? i have not heard that Logan's Run was going to be remade.... not to highjack this thread but can anyone give more info on this ?? i loved the original and would hate to see it get remade badly. not that i don't like Singer (as i thought he did a fairly good job with both Xmen and Superman) ... but the thought does make me a little nervous.
    I don't remember where I read it but Singer had indeed planned on doing a remake of Logan's Run. That idea has been shelved for now though. The movie he is doing now is a WW2 movie. The story is about a plot by leading Nazi generals to assassinate Hitler during the war. Apparently Tom Cruise will be staring. Here is a link to the WW2 movie info:
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070321i.php
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Credits
    From Superhero Hype:

One of the most talked-about topics online these days is Warner Bros.' Justice League of America adaptation, which Happy Feet director George Miller is reportedly attached to.

Reports have said that the superhero team-up movie would include Batman, Superman, The Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and the Green Lantern, that casting would start next week, and that Christian Bale (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight) and Brandon Routh (Superman, Superman: Man of Steel) would not be involved.

It didn't quite make sense how Warner Bros. would be able to pull it off, but perhaps now we know how they can. IESB.net says that the movie might be a CGI/performance capture project, much like The Polar Express, and the upcoming Beowulf and Avatar. Here's a bit of the scoop the site received:

However, and take this with a grain of salt, Imageworks are apparently in the running to provide services on the JLA film, competing with R&H and possibly WETA (the latter being unconfirmed).

But the real interesting thing about this is that the contract is for an all-cgi "photo-real" motion capture movie, much like the upcoming Beowulf.

If the reports hold up, expect Justice League of America to go into production early 2008.
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    Man I hope they don't COMPLETELY CGI this movie. I really would LOVE to see a Live action JLA movie.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    well, they will ... too bad!
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Casting Update and Possible Plot Synopsis (Spoiler Alert)

Australian Actress Victoria Hill recently auditioned for Wonder Woman:

But now it looks as though Jessica Biel may be in the running for it:

On a side note, Tom Welling is out of JLA. Apparently he was actually being considered for the part of Superman, despite recent rumors.

And according to this site, Ryan Gosling is on the top of a very short list for the choice of the Batman role.

POSSIBLE PLOT SYNOPSIS

-- The characters of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash and Martian Manhunter comprise the League. One name that I did not hear mentioned was that of Aquaman. Where’d the fish guy go? Good question.

-- Story elements from the screenplay have been adapted directly from DC’s JLA comic book series.

-- The man wearing the Green Lantern ring in the JLA film is John Stewart and not Hal Jordan (Earth’s first Green Lantern) or Kyle Rayner (who followed after Stewart’s run in the comic book continuity.) It should be noted that in the Justice League cartoon series John Stewart is the same character serving as Earth’s Green Lantern.

-- The Flash is the youngest member of the JLA. He has a crush on Wonder Woman.

-- Wonder Woman is portrayed as the member that acts as defacto humanitarian and face for the League. Our source told us that the best way to describe how she is written in the script is to “think of Angelina Jolie and her relations with foreign countries.”

-- Unbeknownst to the League Batman has a piece of technology that he developed called the “Redeye”, a cool piece of hardware that he can use to spy unbeknownst on the other League members. Want to know what the secret identity of Superman is? Not a problem. Want to find out what can cripple or kill each League member, their Achilles heel? It’s a snap with the Redeye. Batman files away the knowledge in case the day might ever come when he will need to use it to take down a member of the JLA that goes rogue or becomes a villain.

-- The Redeye is a fulcrum to the events that transpire in the movie. A villain—and I’m not at liberty to say which specific one or ones—will gain control of the Redeye. Instead of serving as a means of protecting the planet’s populace from the threat of a superhuman out of control, this creation of Batman’s will come back to haunt him, threaten the lives of the League and the safety of everyone on the entire planet.

-- During the course of the movie the day that Batman feared would come happens: a member of the League will, and we directly quote our source here, “go bad.”

Credits
    Hope that the JL characters are complete in this live-action movie...Wanna see them all in one movie

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Tyrese Gibson as John Stewart vel. Green Lantern

:-)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir01 View Post
    Tyrese Gibson as John Stewart vel. Green Lantern

:-)
    Not yet.....

Just a few days after causing a virtual maelstrom of JLA interest by releasing details of the script, Patrick has provided a possible candidate choice for the Green Lantern in the upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA production. According to a source, Tyrese Gibson is in the running to play the role of John Stewart aka GL. Obviously, this doesn't mean he has the part, readers. It only implies that he is one among a list of candidates for the role. Warner Bros has already said they will not confirm any casting choices for individual characters until they have the full ensemble cast of superheros attached to the project. Until then, we're going to continue operating in "Rumor Control" territory.

Just the mention of Gibson being considered puts the "possible" well known actors attached to this project up to three. Earlier this week, Variety published that Jessica Biel has been in negotiations for the Wonder Woman role while it's been known for sometime that Ryan Reynolds is a favorite for The Flash.

Note: This isn't the first time he's been in consideration of a comic based character. At one time, he was in consideration of John Singleton's THE BLACK PANTHER and the actor is still believed attached to the LUKE CAGE project which is still set for a 2009 release.
    http://www.mania.com/56147.html

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-el View Post
    Casting Update

But now it looks as though Jessica Biel may be in the running for it:
    No more :-)

Entertainment Weekly reports that Biel has passed on the role of the Amazonian superhero. The hunt continues for the right actress to play the part.

Credits
    from filmick - possible plot spoilers!!!
    Even more Justice League plot details have leaked to Entertainment Weekly, who haven't put them online (as I can see). Here's a spoilery breakdown of what I've been told: Maxwell Lord is the key villain though Superman still finds time to fight both Batman and Wonder Woman in two seperate showdowns. The OMACs are present and correct, and Aquaman is shown to care less about humans (Pah! Land dwellers!) that being loyal to the other members of the League. Martian Manhunter's ability to read minds saves the day when a certain hero (I think the answer is obvious from the above, but I might be wrong) gets taken over by mind control.

Credits
    Adam Brody (The O.C.) as Wally West vel. Flash.
    Common (Smokin' Aces, Wanted) as John Stewart vel. The Green Lantern.
    Teresa Palmer (Wolf Creek) as Talia al Ghul, Ra's al Ghul's daughter.
    Scott Portier (Rex Racer in Speed Racer) as Superman.

you'll see...

Credits
    Megan Gale as Wonder Woman.

AICN is 100% sure:

source

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir01 View Post
    Megan Gale as Wonder Woman.

AICN is 100% sure:

source
    Megan Gale:

BONUS: NSFW

Credits