Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Cast news for final 2 Harry Potter Movies (spoilers possible)

It seems like many of the cast of the Harry Potter movies series (this means the ones who have been there since the begining) are signing on for both of the final movies, but I was wondering what everyone had heard for sure, so I thought I list the main cast with some things I've found out. If anyone can fill in the rest, please add...

Contract Signed -

"Harry Potter" - Daniel Radcliffe -- Confirmed!
    "Ron Weasley" - Rupert Grint -- Confirmed!
    "Hermione Granger" - Emma Watson -- Confirmed!

Likely to Sign -

Tom Felton ... Draco Malfoy -- Penciled-in contract, but also extremely interested

Interested - (Source)

Warwick Davis - "Filius Flitwick" (the wand teacher)
    Matthew Lewis ... Neville Longbottom
    Maggie Smith - "Minerva McGonagall" -- noted "She wants to do a play "in between" her Harry Potter filming.."

Unknown -

"Albus Dumbuldore" - Michael Gambon -- unkown
    "Rubeus Hagrid" - Robbie Coltrane -- Told of Hagrid's fate in book 7 by Rowling
    Alan Rickman - "Severus Snape" -- unknown
    James Phelps ... Fred Weasley -- unknown
    Oliver Phelps ... George Weasley --unknown
    Bonnie Wright ... Ginny Weasley -- unknown
    Jason Isaacs ... Lucius Malfoy -- unknown
    Fiona Shaw ... Aunt Petunia Dursley -- unknown
    Harry Melling ... Dudley Dursley -- unknown
    Richard Griffiths ... Uncle Vernon Dursley -- unknown
    Jamie Waylett ... Vincent Crabbe -- unknown
    Josh Herdman ... Gregory Goyle -- unknown
    David Bradley ... Argus Filch (the groundskeeper) -- unknown

Did I miss anyone?
    Last edited by Granite; 03-24-2007 at 02:38 AM.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

j7wild Guest

Cool

I heard Emma is not gonna sign even if they pay her $2,000,000 per movie

that's like a James Bond movie without M or Q

or

a POTC movie without Johnny Depp

or

a Die Hard movie without Bruce

or

a Spiderman movie without Mary Jane

or....

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    This is not good...

Warner Bros has issued a statement saying "We're extremely confident that Emma will be back for films six and seven."

The best part of the “Harry Potter” films – as you can guess, I’m not a huge fan – actress Emma Watson has reportedly exited the series.

Digital Spy says the pretty young thing, who plays Hermione Granger in the films, has told producers that she wants to try other roles and turned down a new £2 million-per-movie offer.

Watson's co-star Rupert Grint, better known as Ron Weasley, admitted that he and Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) no longer speak to the 16-year-old.

"Emma doesn't want to do it any more," Rupert explained. "She's tired of being known as ‘that girl from Harry Potter'. Daniel and I are distant from her now. We don't text or talk to her when we are not filming."

Apparently Warner Bros have confirmed that Watson has indeed walked from the last two "Potter" movies (she'll be replaced by Maggie Gyllenhaal, right?).
    source: moviehole.net

This is not good at all!

Credits
    why isnt it good? She´s gonna b in. Thats good news for me.
    Perhaps you didnt notice the word "UPDATE" before the first line, which u even didnt quote
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    I'm sure they'll all be back in the sequels. It's too late to avoid being known as "that actor in the Harry Potter movies". Might as well live with it and get more famous/rich.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    I'm sure they'll get Watson back. It's like the show "Friends", when the cast demanded $1millionUS per episode, and NBC coughed up the money anyway because they didn't want to lose their stars.

I hope Miss Watson though does find a life outside of Harry Potter and doesn't go the route of Luke Skywalker or the Star Trek cast.

Edit: 1st post edited with new information!

Credits
    Miss Watson signs!

From SCIFIwire

Putting to rest rumors that Emma Watson was waffling about returning to the Harry Potter franchise, Warner Brothers on March 23 announced that it has formally signed Watson and her two co-stars, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint, for the final two films in the franchise, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Watson will reprise the role of Hermione Granger, which she has played in the five Potter films so far, while Radcliffe will again play Harry Potter and Grint will be Ron Weasley.

The announcement lays to rest rumors first reported in the British tabloids that Watson was considering dropping out of the series that made her a star. It was an open question, as the stars had yet to sign contracts for the final films, but Friday's announcement by Jeff Robinov, president of production at Warner Brothers Pictures, would appear to settle the matter.

"I could never let Hermione go—she is my hero!" Watson said in a statement. "I love her too much and love what playing her has meant to me. I am excited and honored to be finishing what I started and playing her in all seven of the films."

In his own statement, Robinov said: "When Daniel, Rupert and Emma were first cast as Harry, Ron and Hermione, we knew they were not only talented, but had a very special chemistry. Through the years, and in each of the Harry Potter films, we have watched them grow into extraordinary young adults, as well as remarkable actors. It would be inconceivable to imagine anyone else in the roles with which they have become so identified, so we are thrilled and proud that Daniel, Rupert and Emma have chosen to complete the arc of their characters in the final two films."...

Credits
    I think Emma is really stupid to wanting to have declined the offer. 4 million dollars is more than most people make in their lifetimes, and she's being offered it for 2 more movies. Plus she thinks everyone is gonna refer to her as the "harry potter girl," well duh, no matter what movie she stars in she's still gonna be known as Hermoine, plus I doubt any other company would hire her for more than one movie if she was gonna give up on the last two.