Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Smile Happy 10th anniversary, Movie-List

Today it's a very, VERY important day, as Movie-List finally turns 10.

The feeling may not be mutual, but as I said before, M-L has been an integral part of my life in the past decade. I still remember and treaure(?) those moments of me shutting myself in the dark uni computer lab having my first glmipse of the Clockwork Orange trailer, DLing the trailer of The Truman Show, or the crappy Saving Private Ryan trailer (ported from BlueThunderMovies) on a 56k connection, back in the days when Movie-List was still hosted on Simplenet.

And the very first Movie-List encoded trailer I've ever downloaded: 160x Quicktime version of the Basic Instinct trailer, date stamp: Thursday, 11 December 1997, 10:43:30 PM

Who would've thought in 1997 that in 10 years time we'll be downloading and watching movie trailers online which are better than standard-TV quality? As I, one of the contribution-frantic eager beavers of the site, shut myself in the dark writing this, I wonder what the next 10 years will be like...

Congratulations!

(Glad to be the first one to post.)

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Happy Anniversary M-L!!

Credits
    Happy 10th Anniversary

I have been on the forums for only two years... I remember the day I discoverd Movie-List.com... I was looking for a trailer from Titanic. I've found it on some site. I've downloaded it. The quality was great! I was so exited! I've clicked the file info in my quicktime player and the name appeard.... Movie-List

You can imagine how stunned I was when I discoverd the Classics section

The day I joined Movie-List Forums is 02-07-2005 and the reason was This amazing thread From that day I was hooked...

Thank You Movie-List it's a great place to stay

Credits

Wink

happy birthday M-L. you're a wonderful site for a big trailers fans like me. keep up the good work
    The Truth is Out There

Credits
    I dont really remember when and why/what for did I come here. In fact when I came here first, I didnt even bother to register. I did later, however stayed inactive for quite a while. So I aint really long-time member at all, not to mention that there was a 6months period when I wasnt active coz of school troubles ....
    I can count myself REALLY active only for a year, but still I feel like I´ve been part of this family for ages

Happy Birthday Movie-List

I hope I´ll last those next ten years
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Happy B-Day to ML, and congrats (and thanks) to JP for a great site.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    yoyo ... happy birthday movie-list

Credits

Smile H B M L

Happy Birthday Movie-List

I found the site while looking for the trailer of Dune [Note: Today, ML's Dune trailer page appears as first in a Google search using words "Dune movie trailer". I don't remember the words I used that time, but ML entry appeared on the second page of results. I neither remember if I used Google... but I believe it was done on Google].

After the download and playback I started to pay attention to the page with the trailer info. Then I found the Classics button at the menu at the left. Ooohh... that section was interesting and in the next weeks I invested my time on cybercafés' game nights downloading trailers from the Classics section. Indeed, ML was the first (or one of the first, I don't remember now, sorry) reason to start a CD-R collection because before this I have not used recordable drives on PC and I started to do it due to your trailers.

Also by that time, having seen some Apple trailers and how it looked on the computer screen, I was thinking to collect trailers from internet. When I had this idea I didn't have knowledge of the existence of ML. Soon I discovered you and, you know...? still today, more than three or four years after, I have not started the work to have the Apple trailers collection, but the reason for this is mainly because I don't have internet at home... and the fact is, also, that ML is a very good site where you can be sure of quality, so is easy to follow and to do things here.

The forum came later. Once I did a search on ML's search engine, looking for something I don't remember now, and I found a HQ movie trailer for a movie I had not seen in Classics. It was located on the forum! Was one of the Amelie threads by carl (1 or 2). I downloaded it (even giving the fact that I believe I will not like that movie --I have not seen it) and started to think how to get more from that hidden section, given the "Previous thread | Next thread" links at the end and the suggestive "Forum Exclusives" title.

Curiously, by that time (as I noticed later), Forum Exclusives were closed to the general public and if you wanted to see it you need to register first into the forum. The ML Forum was the first forum in where I registered myself. Even taking in count that internet was a familiar thing for me, never I had giving attention to internet forums (again the main reason is to not have internet at home). Fortunately things were like that. Otherwise, maybe I would never have registered myself here...

Thanks.

Credits
    Movie-List I think the only fitting tribute is a song....

It's been seven hours and fifteen days
    Since you took your love away
    I go out every night and sleep all day
    Since you took your love away
    Since you been gone I can do whatever I want
    I can see whomever I choose
    I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant
    But nothing ...
    I said nothing can take away these blues,
    'Cause nothing compares ...
    Nothing compares to you

It's been so lonely without you here
    Like a bird without a song
    Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling
    Tell me baby where did I go wrong?
    I could put my arms around every boy I see
    But they'd only remind me of you
    went to the doctor guess what he told me
    Guess what he told me?
    He said, girl, you better have fun
    No matter what you do
    But he's a fool ...
    Nothing compares to you ...

All the flowers that you planted, mama
    In the back yard
    All died when you went away
    I know that living with you baby was sometimes hard
    But I'm willing to give it another try
    Nothing compares to you

LOL

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Here's my first post. Aaaahhh it's been two years now.

Happy Birthday Movie-List!

Credits
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOVIE LIST ! ! !

Thanks for the last 10 Years and best wishes for the next one.

I don't remember when I discover Movie-List, but it was good day. For me and my passion for trailers. Movie-List is one of two internet-forums, where I'm a active member. That speaks for yourself.

Credits
    Happy Birthday, ML! I have been a regular visitor for most of those 10 years. I don't remember exactly when I started coming here, either, but I know I have been a regular visitor for this whole millenium.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection