Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by aS!Dz View Post
    most of all i thought Harry Osbournes acting in this film was the show stealer!
    The actors that "for me" stood out the most was..

1. Bryce Dallas Howard... what can i say a modern day Marilyn Monroe.. loved the hair, the acting and the flair.. she was awsome and i was bummed we dident se more of her.. lets hope for it in Spiderman 4

2. James Franco.. proberly the best male actor of the cast.. or at least the one fitting best in his part.. J.K. Simmons also springs to mind when talking about "fitting" in your part.. great casting...

3. Bruce Campbell... how f*#CKING funny was the resturant sceen that was worth the ticket price in it self.. hehe..

Best Regards Fed7haS

PS : IMO the best acting of the hole trilogy is 110% Alfred Molina as Dr. Otto Octavius.. also the best villan to damn bad they killed him off.. would have liked him with sandman in spiderman 3 as a replacement for venom.. cos lets be honnest they dident do venom justice and if you going to do a half assed job.. then dont do it at all..
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    SPOILER!!!!!

Venom can't be dead. In the comics, he can turn invisible. Plus, I didn't see a body and the Spider-Man movies ALWAYS let you know a character is dead. There's never any question.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    i didnt see him running away... but ders nothing to say that he didnt... and der can always be more meteor rock juice elsewhere!

Credits
    I haven't seen it yet, but most people I know didn't like it. My roomates did like it. From what I hear the special effects and fighting scenes is what made this movie tolerable.

Credits
    St.39.6, My bad dude I thought it was you changing it up. I apologize.

Credits
    I figured it out! You know what Venom reminded me of? Those freakin Velociraptors from Jurassic Park 3. He was more like a damn dinosaur than the classic comic book villan. If you watch the movie again watch when he is holding down Spiderman with his web while Sandman is pounding the sh*t out of him. He even makes almost the same noise, like a Velociraptor call.
    The other thing that was weak about Venom was his voice. You would expect (or at least I would) his voice to change once the Symbiot took hold of him but instead they kept Brocks voice the exact same even when he's got that giant freakin mouth. They should have made it deeper and more demon-like, added some reverb and they would have been all set.
    When Venoms "hood" so to speak pulled back and revealed Brocks face I did like how Brock looked and how Grace played the character. I think he did a good job.

If you want a good review of the film and its exactly how I felt about it but just didnt manage to get all the words out in my scattered thoughts throughout this thread, go to DVDTOWN.com and two guys reviewed it (both on the same page.) I think they sum it up pretty good.

Credits
    If there is a 4th movie, I really hope they dedicate it to Venom as the main baddie. I agree that he didn't get nearly enough screen time. Another movie could explain away some inconsistencies.
    For example, Venom shouldn't be referring to himself as "I". It should be "We". He should also be a lot bigger and stronger than Spider-Man, if a bit slower.
    The movie also didn't explain why Venom got powers similar to Spider-Man. If most of the world hadn't known the backstory already, that part would have been confusing.
    I'm also a little disappointed that the movie showed the black sludge as just another suit (at least until the end, when he tried to get it off). It didn't even show how the suit affected Parker's powers. Would have been nice if they showed some kind of dramatic increase in strength, instead of "The power, it feels good". What power? They didn't show it.

Hopefully, a 4th movie will have a surviving Brock become fully merged with the suit. Either that, or one of those tendrils that survived the pumpkin bomb can go turn into Carnage
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    In the original comic books Venom was the same size as Spider-Man. Why does everyone like him bigger for? I don't.

Credits
    Check your comic books buddy... in Amazing spider-man # 298 - 299 & 300 (first Venom) Eddie Brock is much bigger than Peter Parker

Credits

it just needed more to it...

I personally thought it was very good...but at the same time upsetting and frustrating!...the thing about it that
    bothered me was that it was not long enough... Yes it was a very long actually for a movie(2 hours
    and 20 minutes)...but the amount of material in the movie was calling for 3
    hours-like a Lord of the Rings. The characters were great, I actually thought
    Topher Grace was a perfect Venom(I had doubts about him at first), had no problem with his suit, although I agree if his voice were changed that would have been an added bonus...and Tobey
    Maguire actually played a pretty good evil spidey. There were cheezy parts of
    course, but I was expecting that just like the first 2 films-it's Raimi's style. I can see how the cheezy parts can bother some people, but at the same time they didn't take away from the movie. The story was a plus, but it just needed more rolling time for each story to develop and be explained. I mean, this movie was like 5 stories in one...as I was watching it, I kept getting excited during every new scene, but I eventually was dissapointed there wasn't more explanation to each story. The movie was layed out beautifully, Harry Osborn played a
    significant piece this time around-I really became a fan of his character. Most in depth plot and a lot to work with, much more complex than the first two. At the same time, the drama between Mary Jane and Peter Parker was left unsolved, Peter's inner struggle could have more in depth parts, as well as Bryce Dallas Howard, Sandman's family, even Aunt May could have used more scenes, the conclusions were all missing. But what was on screen was damn good, and I was never bored a second of the movie.

Credits
    I just came back and all I've got is a headache

Credits
    ok now that I got some sleep I have to say I hated this movie.

Almost everything about it annoyed me. The movie was 30 minutes too long, all the dancing scenes were horrible IMHO. Every scene was predictable and written as if it was intended for 7-year-olds to understand it. The whole romantic story thing has gone too far. I know that was a big part of Spider-Man but you just can't make an actual love story from a PG-13 superhero flick. And while they were at it I'm surprised they didn't fit ten other villains in, what a complete waste of characters.

Bottom line, I liked the first two and now it's turning into crap. Get it on DVD.

Credits

Spider-Man 3

Quote Originally Posted by st39.6 View Post
    I watched the movie yesterday and I still dont know what to think about it. I loved almost everything, I didnt mind stupid screenplay dialogues, the fact there was too much characters. I loved all of this, I kinda didnt mind what everyone else said (not too many liked it). And GOD, the fight scenes were the BEST Iīve ever seen in my whole life. Incredible.

There was ONE thing I hated tho. Dancing and singing. WHAT THE HELL??!!! MJ singing (twice) - HATE it. MJ vs Harry twist dance. - ok, could handle that. Peterīs self-confidence walk - WTF??!! INCREDIBLY STUPID. Same goes for Peterīs dance at the bar. These SO MUCH didnt belong into the movie.

But I loved the rest and I liked the movie for the rest ....
    saw it - found it to be coarse, harsh, abrasive and mean-spirited, and a little too long (but that's the cse with a lot of sequels: longer than the original). will see it again; hope I leave with a different impression.

Credits
    i actually thought the movie was too short for what Sam was trying to put across. it should have been longer just to properly convey the plots.

Gwen Stacy: why was she even in this picture? you could have called her Veronica Whore and it would have made more sense. the only similarity between her and her comic conterpart is the name and the father - that's it. Venom never met nor dated dated as Brock was never introduced until way after her death (which was way before he started dating MJ)

Outside of the problems with Venom, she was the only character i really didn't like. Don't get me wrong, i liked Venom, but there were just too many problems and not enough time. Venom was one of Spiderman's arch villians and Sam made him out to be a chump.

By far the best was Harry. i really didn't like Mj acting like a little baby in the movie either. MJ was not someone who acted like she did in the movie. the dancing scene was dumb. i liked when Peter took control from MJ in the club. but then it got cheesy. not to mention that i never really did like Kirsten Dunst as MJ. thankfully, if they decide to make a part 4, she won't be in it.

i don't think it will be the end of the biggest comicbook to movie franchise. but i wouldn't expect a part 4 for a few more years.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    I just watched the movie yesterday and I I'm on the same level as Jake, this movie was just annoying,, the first part was ok, but then the second part, starting with all the dancing and self confidence which came across as utterly rediculous and silly.
    Especially towards the climatic end battle it became just (much) too cheesy, (SPOILERS)
    Harry crying when he died, Peter and MJ crying besides him, then Flint Marko crying when asking forgiveness, peter's uncle crying in the flash back when he died.... great... one big emo-fest, sometimes this thing works but spiderman 3 took itself way too serious and the movie just looked silly. And at the end we are given one big lesson in morality, I just wanted to put my finger in my mouth and puke, my god such an arrogance.
    Last edited by Jax; 05-13-2007 at 09:41 AM.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast