Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    j7wild Guest
    eh?

what's with all the crying?

I still haven't seen it and 28 Weeks Later just came out and Shrek 3 comes out next week and Hot Fuzz is playing -

now that I have Baby Daughters, it's hard to go to the movies anymore!!

Credits
    I'm a patriotic guy but there was that scene when he's running towards the climatic battle and he jumps up and there's the American flag in the background and all the people start clapping. That was just too much. I was laughing out loud at that.

The only thing that can save this franchise now is to bump it up to R and do a nudie scene with the HOT secretary- Elizabeth Banks. But that's just my opinion. hehe

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    I know this thread is not exactly about it, but...

Spider-Man 3 second weekend Box Office:

estimate - $60,000,000
    it's 60.3% drop
    gross to date - $242,071,000

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I'm a patriotic guy but there was that scene when he's running towards the climatic battle and he jumps up and there's the American flag in the background and all the people start clapping. That was just too much. I was laughing out loud at that.
    So true, that scene was so "in your face".
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    now that I have Baby Daughters, it's hard to go to the movies anymore!!
    Very true... But I managed to get away for 3 hours and went to see Spider-Man 3, yesterday.

j7wild Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lafce View Post
    Very true... But I managed to get away for 3 hours and went to see Spider-Man 3, yesterday.
    How did you do that?

You must teach me How To Get Away!!

Credits
    its called sleeping pills
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    How did you do that?
    Well, it's easier in my case - my chances to find some free time are twice bigger then yours.
    Last edited by Lafce; 05-20-2007 at 05:24 PM.

j7wild Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lafce View Post
    Well, it easier in my case - my chances to find some free time are twice bigger then yours.
    oh so true!!

You don't have Twins and your Child is older!!

Credits
    All of you who saw this movie and loved it were blindly robbed. You know, as fans of these films have every right to demand what you want... a grand quality telling of these stories. Spider-Man 3 was not grand, nor did it have any quality other than Sandman and Harry. The cons far outweight the pros of this picture.

When a movie squeezes too many villians into the story; it deludes it, making the story and its characters more superficial... thin and less important. We have already seen so many examples of this in past endeavours... I don't I need to name them, do I?

Sandman and some Harry issues would have been fine carrying the villian duties on their shoulders, but there was absolutely no room for Venom in this film at all, and Raimi shows us his hate for the Venom character all too well by giving him as little attention as possible.

Venom should have been or be the only villian in a Spider-Man movie. You see, Spider-Man 3 could have only been about Sandman and Harry. Eddie could be starting out at the newspaper competing with Peter for the job there. Now there's more room for growth. The black sludge won't show up until the end of 3 as a segue into 4... and everyone will know damn well what's coming for Spider-man 4... Venom! The first half of 4 would be Peter's fall with the black suit, the second half would be Brock's turn and desire to kill Spider-man.

Am I wrong?

Credits
    Just came back from this and I agree with most of the above comments.

The movie was a total mess.

Starting with the obvious... Venom was completely wasted. Not bad-*** enough... too little screen-time, and although Topher was good as Brock, there is NO NEED to see his face when he is Venom. It totally ruins any excitement when you see dooling (wait.. there was no drooling.. he needs to drool!) Venom face, and all of a sudden it rips off and you see Eric Foreman smiling at you.
    I've heard all the excuses about how producers told Raimi he had to include Venom... and how he doesn't like Venom... I really dont give a ****. Either do it right, or don't do it.

The dance scene... My skin was CRAWLING during this scene. It starts out well enough with the strut down the street.. that was funny.. for 10 seconds. It went on for 2 minutes. And then the dancing in the Jazz Club? What the **** was that?? I mean.. COME ON. It's ****ing Spider-Man, not Grease!

I liked most of the action sequences, and the finale would have been great if they didnt keep cutting to that stupid british reporter stating the obvious and the ultra-cheesy desk-jokey with his "Is this the end for Spider-Man?" bullshit. It totally killed any flow the movie had going.

Tobey and Kirsten phoned in their performances. The whole 3rd grade love triangle / jealousy thing was a total bore.

Franco I finally liked. I wasn't a huge fan of his character in the first 2.. in this one he was great.

Bryce (Gwen Stacey), although good, and hot, was useless. She was only there to give MJ a reason to be upset. Which would be fine... if it went somewhere. It didn't.

Sandman was awesome. From the performance, to the CGI. Right on.

With all that said... I'm hoping it's over. Take a break. A long one.
    You can't change ANY of the actors and release a 4th any time soon... people won't buy it. And Raimi certainly can't come back. I like him. I think he's great... but he's done with Spider-Man... someone else will have to bring something new to the series....
    Ideally... take AT LEAST 6 years off... and bring in a whole new crew.

That's my 2 cents.

Credits
    Well done JPB. I agree completely. I wanted to like this movie, but honestly, Venom was a waste.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    The most importend point is the one JPB makes about the 6 year brake and Sam.. we need a spiderman brake..and we need some fresh blood in the directors chair.. sam did a good job with 1-2 but you can tell that he is burned out with spidy in the 3erd one.... we need new blood.. and a new cast..

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    AHHH me being such a huge spidey fan... i cant stand the idea of having summat as large as a 6 year gap!

i still have my personal view that i absolutely loved the film..... yes venom was short used... but i didnt see it affect the movie, as it was all about not giving into revenge.... da same goes for harry as he did not give into revenge... and at the end of the day... friends will always be there for you when u need them the most.

but hey im sure after all the complaints even if raimi was to come back i think he wud be stupid if he didnt revisit a second arrival of venom and this time give him more screen time.

Credits
    Jean-Pierre, I feel the need to dispute some of your claims and opinions.

First though, I thought it was better then I expected, in fact I liked it. But I did find it too long, there was enough story here that could have been developed over 2 films.

O.K., here goes, your quotes in italic.

The movie was a total mess.

Ouch. It definitely needed a rewrite and another pass at editing it but "a total mess" is harsh.

It totally ruins any excitement when you see dooling (wait.. there was no drooling.. he needs to drool!) Venom face, and all of a sudden it rips off and you see Eric Foreman smiling at you.

Meh, I had no problem with no drooling, in fact I was quite impressed that he looked as much like the character in the comic as he did, I thought they would have just made him a black-costume Spidey. The fact that they even gave him the evil grin satsified me enough that I didn't need drooling as well. Oh and I thought Topher did great, for the first time on film I didn;t see him has Eric Foreman.

The dance scene... My skin was CRAWLING during this scene. It starts out well enough with the strut down the street.. that was funny.. for 10 seconds. It went on for 2 minutes. And then the dancing in the Jazz Club? What the **** was that?? I mean.. COME ON. It's ****ing Spider-Man, not Grease!

That's right, it's Spider-Man, and Jazz music and Jazz clubs are Spider-Man stables hearkening back to the comic in the 60s and 70s and even the 70s cartoon -- Raimi grew up with that Spidey, not the lame McFarlane version. That scene was FUN, and fun is what Spidey's always been about. It totally worked for me. And it showed that Evil Parker is still just a nerd at heart.

Tobey and Kirsten phoned in their performances. The whole 3rd grade love triangle / jealousy thing was a total bore.

Wow. I thought this was Toby's best performance yet, he was awesome. Kirsten, well, I'm not a huge fan so no disagreement there, I don't think she phoned it in per se, I think that's probably as good as she could do.

Franco I finally liked. I wasn't a huge fan of his character in the first 2.. in this one he was great.

Agreement here. I didn't care for him in the other 2 films but he knocked it out of the park with this one.

Bryce (Gwen Stacey), although good, and hot, was useless. She was only there to give MJ a reason to be upset. Which would be fine... if it went somewhere. It didn't.

Actually, no, that's not the only reason she was there. She was also there so Peter could steal her from Eddie Brock. Peter "stole" Eddie's job and stole Eddie's girl. Part of Eddie's motivation for hating him so much.

With all that said... I'm hoping it's over. Take a break. A long one.

Agreed.
    paulbazinet@yahoo.com
    My Music Forum: <a href="http://forums.delphiforums.com/wretchedsongs/start" target="_blank">http://forums.delphiforums.com/wretchedsongs/start</a>
    "I can Dere-lick my own balls thank you!" - Derek Zoolander

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast