Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    America?

how about the rest of the world?

the movie made over $708 Million total, over $500 Million of it in 58 other countries including China!!

I said America because you linked to 2 articles written by Americans.

Where are you getting $708 million from? Its only made $387 million world-wide according to box office mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    I think the mass audience wants a movie that will entertain them and that's exactly what Transformers 2 did!!
    Jesus man did you not even read the articles that you linked to?

"Is the purpose of The Hangover not to entertain and have fun? Is the purpose of Up not to entertain and have fun?"

The Hangover - USA: $183,247,000 - MetaCritic Rating: 73
    Up - USA: $250,218,000 - MetaCritic Rating: 88
    Films can be entertaining, please the critics and make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    It had no impact other than to entertain me for 2+ hours. Isn't that what a movie about toys should do.
    People seem to be missing the point that the reason this movie is making so much money is people actually liked the first one. If they had bothered to make a good second movie they could go on to make a crappy third one and make twice what they are making now, but now they have no option of making a third as Michael Bay will want to go bigger and more explosions hence making the budget bigger and ultimately loose out when the box office is lower than this one.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by odj_310388 View Post
    Critics know what they are talking about, this just proves how DUMB America is that you are eating up this CRAP!
    let's save the nation bashing for other threads. we all know the UK has had its fair share of ignorance. we shouldn't group everyone based off of a few ...

transformers 2 - entertaining: yes. is it a good movie: who really is to say if a movie is good or bad. it made $200+mil so that says it can't be Gigli or Jersey Girl - so it's not a bad movie. but it's not the Titanic and won't make $1billion - so it's not a great movie.

if you liked it - good for you. hope you got your money out of it. if you didn't - that sucks. but, you could have stayed at home and had nothing to complain about on a monday. now you do ... and releasing stress and pent-up frustration is a good thing.

"I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    I bought a ticket and sat through the entire movie. That does not, by any means, mean that I thought it was a good movie. There is no correlation between ticket sales and quality of a movie. For that matter, I think it speaks volumes as to how little they correlate when a movie does so well opening day. People were going to go see it well before anyone had said anything about it.

Credits
    LOL, that was very funny.

Credits
    Nice one. Thanks a lot for sharing

LOL

Credits
    hey,
    I saw this movie long time back,it was good.
    1time movie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123