Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Talking "Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows" reviews -- no spoilers

Hey all,

Have you read the last Harry Potter book yet? What did you think overall?

Please post your reviews, but please also NO SPOILERS!!!

To start it out I found this great review on USAToday:

I am an 18 year old girl who at the demanding of her parents and teacher, read the first book when i was 11 years old. I have literally grown up with Harry Potter, reading each book at the same age as Harry and his friends. The release of the Deathly Hallows was the highlight of my summer, and I went to the midnight release party with no shame.

These books are nothing short of brilliant. I have read hundreds of books, whether for school or pleasure, and these are the only books that truly transport me to a different world. The characters are your friends, the settings are homes away from home, and there isn't a child among us who didn't want that letter from Hogwarts to arrive in August.

There is something to say about bookstores staying open until 2AM in every timezone. There is something to be said about a billionaire author. There is something to be said about 325 million copies of books, not movies and video games.

God Bless you, JK Rowlings. You made my childhood a much more magical time
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    I finished it about 5 a.m. this morning (we picked it up yesterday afternoon while shopping). I thought it was a really good book, and I'm sorry that it will be the last one in the series. Ah well, time to find my next literary addiction.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    hehe ... i was one of the ones who had an 'early copy' and was finished reading it by Monday this past week. i liked it but the ending was not what i was expecting ... since there are no spoilers here, i'll stop it here. but if a spoiler thread appears, i'll post my comments there. but it was not what i was expecting. it could have been a little more....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Iīm in 3/4 and coz of work will finish it in the middle of week, when Iīll be at my fatherīs house .... out of internet.
    I was in pub in friday with my friends when sbdy said "Hey, new Potter is being released right now", so we finished beer and went to closest opened book shop. That was fun, coz it was one of few in republic which was actually opened right at 1:00 am (1 coz of timeline of GB) so there was line of 200 people waiting for it. It was funny, we as we were drunk came right when the shop opened and we didnt care about line of people and went right in, so we were the first who bought the book after all
    We went back to pub then, so I didnt care much bout it, but when I opened it next day, I couldnt stop reading. Am at the 400th page and so far its definitely the best one. Except some little pauses, thereīs still something to happen SPOILER: and I was crying when Dobby died...it was very well written end of SPOILER.
    Iīve heard that lot of people were disapointed by the ending, because it was "one of the versions they guessed". I dont care much bout that, coz I never was one of those who kept trying to find out how could it possibly end and I read no rumours or spoilers, so it will be surprise for me after all. And I dont care if itīll be happy end. Heck, I hope it will, itīs still fairy tale!
    I grew up on the books too, read it since my age of 14, which is 5 years now. Iīm glad I did read it, it really is lovelly story and watching now, how JKR made it all fit, is great.
    Btw fifth movie was brilliant
    Me angry! Whereīs my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Im about 1/4 into it right now, and im surprised to say that im getting bored at it.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

j7wild Guest
    this is funny!!

Credits
    Im 2/3 done

the book starts off good, there are some boring parts

some parts dont even effect the story like (maybe spoiler) ron leaving at the camp, and then coming back

no effect on the story(in my opinion)