Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Owen Wilson Hospitalized for Suicide Attempt

Actor Owen Wilson was taken to a hospital in Santa Monica, Calif., Sunday, according to a story Drudge Report linked to on Sunday.
    According to the report, Wilson was transported to St. John's Hospital. Citing sources, The National Enquirer and Star magazine said the star of "Wedding Crashers" and "Starsky & Hutch" had cut his left wrist and taken an undetermined amount of pills.

He was found by a family member who called for help.

Santa Monica police confirmed only that the actor had been taken to a hospital, TMZ.com reported.

"On Sunday Aug. 26. 2007 at 12:10 pm officers from the Santa Monica Police Department responded to a medical assistance call from the Santa Monica Fire Department," the police said in a news release. "The person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated."

Citing medical privacy laws, the police did not release any further information.

The Enquirer said Wilson's wrist was stitched and bandaged at the hospital, and that Wilson would "be detoxed."

A call to Wilson's publicist was not immediately returned. TMZ said.
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

j7wild Guest

Question

what? why?

Credits
    OT, sorry for that but I have to - j7wild, dude, watch it, you´re comin to 10k posts! Make the ONE special!!!!!

I dont know bout Owen, since I dont read such news often. Maybe someone could gimme background info why would he do it?...
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

j7wild Guest
    I thought Owen was having a successful movie career; why would he want to do something stupid like that?

Credits
    Drudge Report, National Enquirer, and Star Magazine report Owen's hospitalization as a suicide attempt? Was Elvis and the five-headed sheep in the room at the time as well?

Excuse me if I sound a tad skeptical. Those three publications (particuarly the last two) don't have the best of track records.

It is true that Owen Wilson was hospitalized, but the reason has not been officially released.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    CNN and MSN also saying the same thing. I hope this isn't a spoiled thing over a break up or something. I would like to think higher of Owen Wilson then that. Though this could just be a cry for help, we don't know what he could be suffering from. I hope he gets passed all of this, I find him to be one of the most likeable actors out there.
    Strangely moving news to me.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Why, people ask.

Who cares.

Doesn't matter whether you're a big Hollywood movie star or Jack Nobody. We all make mistakes from time to time (some tend to make more than others), get depressed from time to time (some being more depressed than others).

Even if he did attempt suicide for some stupid reason (over a whim or long suffering from chronological depression), does it matter? What's important is that he's survived. The man has requested to recover in private. Let him be. When he's ready to tell the world why, he will. If he doesn't wanna tell, you'll never know exactly why anyway.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    I doubt the media will let this story slip by. He is the Top News on iMDB for like three days now!

I hope he will make it through these hard times and get back on the big screen asap. Because this guy has a real talent, not only for the comedy.

(Spoiler from the The Royal Tenenbaums)

When I heard the news and thought about it, I remembered the scene from The Royal Tenenbaums (he co-wrote this movie). There is a suicide attempt scene in this movie. I just hope he will come to the same conclusion as the character in the movie. That he probably won't attempt suicide again.

Credits
    maybe he was forced to watch his performance in some of his movies ...?? that would make me commit suicide .....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    ^Come on, he's a fairly funny guy. Certainly the Shanghai Noon and Knights movies were funny.

j7wild Guest
    this is all I need to know and I knew it was related to his breakup with Kate Hudson from last year when I first heard the news he tried to commit suicide:

http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com...attention.html

what a Moron!!