Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

"Phone Booth" moved coz Sniper Concerns

http://www.comingsoon.net

Well, this would be a shame - though understandable. We caught a screening of director Joel Schumacher's Phone Booth Thursday and it's an intense, on the edge of your seat thriller - with Colin Farrell possibly looking at some awards for his brilliant performance.

But according to Variety, 20th Century Fox may be moving the film's release date back from it's currently scheduled Nov. 15 bow. Once again, a real event - the fatal sniper shootings in Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia - is possibly too close to the movie's plot.

Phone Booth concerns a randomly selected man (Colin Farrell) pinned down in a phone booth under the crosshairs of a deranged sniper (Kiefer Sutherland)..
    this is bad news, it may even kill the movie in terms of box office such a bad timing...

This serial sniper in Washington has to be caught and stoned to death..... crazy son of a bitch...killing people at random and no reason... :mad:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=3...iper_Shootings

The death toll from the Washington-area sniper rose to seven Thursday as authorities said ballistics evidence had linked the killer to a man gunned down at a Virginia gas station. Dean Meyers, 53, of Gaithersburg, Md., was felled by a single shot Wednesday night, moments after filling his car's tank. Six other people have been killed and two have been wounded since the attacks began Oct. 2.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    whoaaaa... sniper in real life. **** that's crazy... And what bad timing too I was looking forward for phoone booth
    "As you wish..."

Credits
    Could be a movie buff who's got the idea from the movie's trailer.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    The sniper probably went to the Toronto Int'l Film Festival and got ideas
    *backs away from M-L slowly & sends anonymous letters to the FBi pointing the finger @ JPB & Blankboy*
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    sux ... my hsx shares of PHONEBOOTH are already fallin'.

and this sniper is a f***in prick. totally outta his mind. my guess: a renegade cia agent

Credits

Boo-urns

Seriously the real sniper BETTER be ex-military or I'm going to flip when the media starts targeting video games and movies like this :mad:

It's unfortunate that the movie seems to be related plot-wise to tragic real life events. I don't believe changing the date would do anything. If people are feeling really sensitive perhaps delaying the movie in the area of the shootings (Washington right?)

If I'm not mistaken the movie takes place in New York. oh no...violent acts of terrorism in New York...how did this movie ever get made in the first place?

It's a movie. It's unfortunate but that doesn't take away from the fact that it looks pretty good.

Arrrg it's probably end up getting delayed anyway. :mad:

tisoy - agreed. Stoned to death. (note: with rocks, not plants )

Credits
    yah i heard bout the sniper earlier. it's sad. i heard that he killed a 13-year old boy walking to school. killing people everyday. it's so sad. i hope they catch him. everyone is so freaked out over there right now.

somebody told me that there wuz actually a sniper in Austin, TX from a tower back in the 70's. started shooting off at people on the ground from the top of the tower.

and another sniper happened here in Dallas, TX but it just killed two people and one of them were President John F. Kennedy. but that wuz a long time ago. i'm sure ya know that.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    just a few things:

1) Isn't the timing of Bowling For Columbine's release interesting given the events of the past couple weeks?

2) In Japan, very little is censored--Yet they have extremely few gun homicides...

3)I'm going to quote The Tao Of Steve in saying "We pursue that which retreats from us." When violent or controversial video games/movies/whatever are censored, the public's desire to experience it only increases. And if it's tough to see a movie you've heard about, there are some sick ****s out there who will pull out a sniper rifle and dial up a pay phone to see what it's like. In other words, censorship discourages the viewing of violent material, but unintentionally increases violent behavior.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    somebody told me that there wuz actually a sniper in Austin, TX from a tower back in the 70's. started shooting off at people on the ground from the top of the tower.
    That is correct. It was the bell tower of a University if I'm not mistaken. Either way, that situation was the reason that we now have SWAT teams. Because the police, with their normal equipment were unable to handle the situation.

blugh you're right too. If BOTH these movies get pushed back I'll be very disipointed. Grrr Censorship sucks. :mad: :mad:

Credits
    Hollywood gives ppl too many ideas

Credits
    something related to the rampant censorship going on...
    even video games having similiar story to the sniper case gets censored..

http://www.winbeta.org/modules.php?n...&new_topic=117

An interesting twist on Friday news, we come with a follow-up report on our recently premiered Hitman2 TV Spot . As part of our massive TV campaign for Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, we had slated our original creative to air across selected major cable networks, however, in an interesting turn of events, numerous networks opted NOT to run the spot as it was originally intended. VH-1, MTV, MTV 2, TNN, UPN, ABC Sports, Comedy Central, Sci-fi, and USA all declined to air the original spot! The following is some of the reasoning behind denial of the commercial...

"Glorifies Violence"... "strong violence depicted "
    "Over the top sexual content"
    "the game looked a little too realistic and that people might not know that it was just a game"
    heres the trailer TV Spot... uncensored =)

http://www.actiontrip.com/media/hit2_tv.avi

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    heres the trailer TV Spot... uncensored =)

http://www.actiontrip.com/media/hit2_tv.avi[/B]
    Eck, could they have used ANY other music in that tv spot? It makes the game seem cheesy and lame.

I could be slightly biased though. There is the fact that I f**king HATE Andrew W.K.
    "Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!"

Credits
    Originally posted by dj_spikee
    heard he left some death tarot card that said "dear policeman, i am god" .. what a deranged idiot
    Kinda funny because the Death card does not mean death at all. It means change and is generally regarded as a good card to pull.

Sooner or later he will screw up and that's when they'll take him down. Don't get your hopes up on getting him alive and seeing WTF is going on in his head though...

Credits
    Originally posted by dj_spikee
    i don't think it had nething to do with hollywood. it was just pure coinkidink. anyway, that bastard sniper ..grrr..
    heard he left some death tarot card that said "dear policeman, i am god" .. what a deranged idiot
    I know its by luck this is happening but a lot of movies give ppl sick ideas. I mean.. when Rambo came out... ppl (& kids) actually dressed up like Rambo and went on a high building shooting down @ ppl. Hollywood does give ppl the ideas but its directly related how sick(mentally) the ppl are. Adults & kids have jumped off buildings think they could fly from SuperMan

Credits
    I think the biggest reason the ad was pulled was because of the music... or the lyrics more specifically.
    Watch it without the music and it's not nearly as bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast