Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

A Nightmare on Elm Street Remake

Freddy's back. Again.

New Line is in talks with horror production company Platinum Dunes to relaunch the "A Nightmare on Elm Street" movie series, the franchise that helped establish the studio.

Partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form will produce the remake.

The first "Nightmare" movie was written and directed by Wes Craven and released in 1984. Its runaway success spawned a slew of films and created one of the most popular villains in screen history, Freddy Krueger, played by Robert Englund.

The films' premise centered on Krueger, a serial child killer murdered by angry parents who returns with a burned face and razor glove to terrorize teens in their dreams.

A writer will be hired when the strike ends.

Platinum Dunes is prepping another relaunch, "Friday the 13th," which will be directed by Marcus Nispel for New Line, for whom they remade "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and its sequel.

The company is remaking "Near Dark" for Rogue and "The Birds" for Universal. It also is prepping a nonremake project, an untitled David Goyer thriller.

Click
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    oh for cripes sake.... can't they think of other things to do while these writers are on strike ?? (obviously not)....

i wonder who is the bozo who comes up with these ideas ? he needs to be shot... instead of remaking a movie, why dont they spend their time trying to create movies that are worth seeing...
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    I wish they would stop with all these dumb freaking remakes. Can they not come up with new ideas? Is this the only way to get people interested in the horror genre?
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Well, one way to get around the Writer's Strike would be to re-use the original scripts for movies that have already been released. It is already written, and doesn't need re-written.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Thing is this whole remake thing has been going on for a few years. I understand the remaking of the Japanese movies as most audiences in North America haven't see them. What gets me is this whole remaking of 80s and some 70s horror movies. Granted redoing some of the lesser known ones isn't all that bad but to take something like Nightmare or Friday the 13th is a little much. Maybe the studios look at it as bringing these stories to the internet generation who might not find the originals all that scary.

Credits
    I think they should leave this one alone. It's not going to be a pretty remake.

Credits

Thumbs up Exclusive: Jackie Earle Haley On 'Nightmare' Remake!

Hey Guys,

Check out this exclusive interview with Jackie Earle Haley talking the new 'Nightmare On Elm Street' at Comic-Con 2009!

http://www.fearnet.com/videos/b16099...nightmare.html

Credits
    I though Michael Rosenbaum was in talks to be in this and that was one of the reasons he left Smallville but it doesn't appear to be that way after all.

j7wild Guest

Angry

they are also remaking Poltergeist!!

that's a Sacrilege!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    they are also remaking Poltergeist!!

that's a Sacrilege!!
    interesting ... where did you hear that from ?? i wonder who is going to die in this one ??

if this goes forward, anyone want to start up a credits bet to see who'll kick the bucket first ??

j7wild Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by redbear View Post
    interesting ... where did you hear that from ?? i wonder who is going to die in this one ??

if this goes forward, anyone want to start up a credits bet to see who'll kick the bucket first ??
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...q=f&oq=&aqi=g2

Credits
    I enjoyed the Nightmare On Elm Street movies and that's the memory I wanna be left with.
    I think I'll give this one a miss............

Credits
    I'm hoping that this remake will be better than Rob Zombie's relaunch of the Halloween franchise, which he destroyed. I love Wes Craven, and let's face it- the first Nightmare on Elm Street was the only good one.

I'm interested to see if they destroy the Freddy franchise or reinvigorate it. Unfortunately, I doubt that it's the latter part.