Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Arrow Incredible Hulk - did you like it?

I really liked first Hulk (I know it has nothin to do with it), so I was lookin forward to the second one, to the restart.
    But the premiere in Czech is in July , so I have to wait another month to see it.

So what are your first reactions?
    Did you like it? Is it better/worse?
    How´s the CGI?
    Just say whatever you think about it : )
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    I'm too interested in others' opinion, since I have to wait for its premiere here as well.

Credits
    btw I quickly read comments at slashfilm. there´s 150 of´em and none seems to be negative, LOL

Credits
    Well, I don't want to ruin the story for me, so I'll stick to the reviews here on M-L only, until I see it.

Credits
    personally I loved it, and I don't mean to joke but it truely was Incredible.
    casting was perfect Edward Norton comes off as a better more believeable Banner. don't get me wrong Eric Bana did a good job but this part just fit Norton. I loved all the nods and winks to a "larger universe" I just enjoyed every minute of it especially when Stark showed up at the end (I waited the whole movie just for that) so basically I don't have any complaints.

Credits
    I enjoyed the movie. It had some cool action scenes, and the Hulk certainly looked more formidable than the one in the first movie. He looks, and certainly acts a lot meaner.

I think he was weaker in this movie, though. Not that it makes a big difference, he was still pretty unstoppable.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    well, i would not have called it 'incredible'. maybe 'pretty good'. Norton was ok as Banner - but there was something missing. if you took both Bana and Norton's role, then that would have been a perfect Banner. i personally don't like Liv Tyler so her role blew. she was way too whiny and way too young to be a nuclear physist. but if her role was just of an arm trophy, then she did well. John Hurt was ok, but Sam Elliot was much better. the movie itself, outside of these few distractions, was awesome. there was a ton of nods to the TV series with a cameo, if you could call it that, of Bill Bixby in the beginning. Lou Ferrigno has one as well as Stan Lee (of course). I was surprised to see the creation of the Leader just before the Abomination comes into play. the fight sequences were good. the one thing that really bummed me was they chose to completely ignore the first movie. even how Banner gets irradiated instead of being a genetic defect.

overall, i would give it a 3.5/5 rating.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    After seeing it, i was surprised of how little it was of a "re-boot". They could easely have changed some minor things and just made it a sequel.

Casting:
    Norton is a great actor, and for any other role ide cast him, but Eric Bana fit better in the role. Hes a bit bigger, and looks a bit older.
    Nothting against Liv Tyler or John Hurt, but they cant messure up against Jennifer Connolly or Sam Elliot, who both did great work in the first one.

Story:
    Ok. Would have been better as a squel, u´de have more of the dynamics of the characters from the first one.

Action:
    Ok. Nothing spectacular. Last fight, two CGI monsters who cant reallt hurt eachother go at it for a while, not really exciting. But nice looking.

Total:
    It actuallt pissess me off that they didnt make it a sequel, with the same cast. So Hulk didnt make as much money as they hoped, But it was and is a very good movie, Ang Lee just choose to go more drama, less action. Its not a good reason to diss it. The sequel could still be more action, more "hulk, smash!". Look at the alien movies, the sequel dont have to be a jazzed up carbon copy.
    Its a slap in the face for Ang Lee and the ppl who liked the first one. It has taken lots of crap, and just for being more drama-orientated than the average dumb-*** superhero movie (dont get me wrong, I like most of them, but they are hardly as well made as Hulk).
    The new hulk is an ok movie. But had they just had the brain to make it a sequel with the same cast it could have been a very good movie.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    I have time only for this.

I like it very much. Robert in cameo was very surprising.

Credits
    No! I couldnt get my head round Norton being HULK before - confused, dazed and really quite dissapointed
    Last edited by Amarcordian; 08-21-2008 at 06:47 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaumont View Post
    $hit load of txt
    Man, I totally agree with u. I found Liv Tyler to be so poor n the chemistry beterr her n Norton was... OMG.... my face was falling into my hands!! TERRIBLE!!

Only part of the movie that saved it was the last 30 secs!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I really thought the movie was great! Great action, good story and acting, and really good(not great though) CGI. I liked the first one but I loved this one. Everyone who has written off this movie because of the first movie should give this movie a try, its really not anything like the first one. Thats about it. I will say that I am very disappointed in the way it performed at the box office(I hope it has a better 2nd weekend).

Credits
    Yeah, I liked it a lot too. Pretty much exactly what I wanted to see in a Hulk movie. I was hoping it would hold up more, but looks like it'll only do slightly better than the first. I wonder if they're still doing a sequel now.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaumont View Post
    It actuallt pissess me off that they didnt make it a sequel, with the same cast. So Hulk didnt make as much money as they hoped, But it was and is a very good movie, Ang Lee just choose to go more drama, less action. Its not a good reason to diss it. The sequel could still be more action, more "hulk, smash!". Look at the alien movies, the sequel dont have to be a jazzed up carbon copy.
    Its a slap in the face for Ang Lee and the ppl who liked the first one. It has taken lots of crap, and just for being more drama-orientated than the average dumb-*** superhero movie (dont get me wrong, I like most of them, but they are hardly as well made as Hulk).
    To be fair the decision to pull a reset on The Hulk universe had nothing to do with slapping Ang Lee in the face. Originally this was going to be the sequel that you're all wishing for, just with a different cast as most of the originals were uninterested in returning. However Marvel have got some big plans for their films, all leading up to a potential crossover Avengers movie in 2011 with Downey Jr., Norton, and whoever plays Captain America and Thor. Ang Lee's more cerebral take on the Hulk just would not fit in that setting. Seriously, could you see Ang Lee's Hulk romping around the country side fighting crime alongside Ironman?

My thoughts on the film.

I agree that William Hurt was nowhere near as good as Sam Elliot in the Thunderbolt role. He was good, he just never felt like he embodied the character the way I would have liked. Liv Tyler was just lousy as Betty! She's supposed to be a physicist not a pouty faced school girl! Norton was perfect as Banner though, far better than Eric Banner could have hoped to be in the role. Not that I hated Banner or anything, it's just that Bruce is supposed to be a skinny little science geek who gets pushed around by everyone else, and regardless of the number of goofy bycicle helmets you have him wear, a male model like Eric Banner is never going to be THAT guy. He was fine for the character he was playing, his character was just not right for an authentic Hulk movie.

Everything else I loved though. The action was superb, the effects amazing, and the humor and pacing fit so well into the tone.

Seeing Emile Blonsky take on the Hulk after being injected with the Captain America syrum was beyond awesomn, not to be topped until thepolice car boxing gloves came out. Of course no Hulk movie could ever be complete without the "HULK SMASH" line, and finally we have that too. All in all the action was pure comic book goodness.

It wasn't quite as good as Ironman, but it's a damn close call. Marvel should have taken back the rights to their films a long time ago.

Credits
    Actually it was way better than i was expecting, the first hulk left a bitter taste so I was really doubting this one but overall I really enjoyed it. Its a shame the first one is really holding alot of ppl off from seeing this one.
    Blu-Ray Supporter
    55 blurays and counting... plus Batman Begins, Iron Man, Transformers and many others on Pre-order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast