Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek XI

Credits

Star Trek XI

Viewed @ Comic-COnm the new star trek movie poster is here
    http://www.startrek.com/custom/exclu...ter/detail.jsp

Looks like its definitely set in the early years of trek looking @ the symbol
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 11-14-2007 at 07:36 AM.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Bigger version

You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    my opinion of Star Trek is similar to that of my opinion of James Bond.

all I can say is "groan" to this aswell.

Credits
    Well the franchise did go downhill after the films started to feature TNG except for First Contact. I'm surprised by this as I enjoyed TNG more than the original series.

This one should be interesting as J.J. Abrams is producing and possibly directing and Matt Damon is going to be Kirk.

j7wild Guest
    Matt Damon as young Kirk... oh please spare us!!

They need to forget about doing a young Kirk or an early Enterprise or another Next Generation crew...

people just don't care... well, at least I don't!!

Why did Star Trek First Contact (and Star Trek Undiscovered Country) do so well at the box office?

Because they were action based Star Trek movie and none of that preachy let's not play God stuff!!

my suggestion are these:

1. do a Voyager war movie; Voyager against the Borg

or

2. do a Voyager movie from Seven of Nine point of view as a Borg and her adventures assimilating other species BUT DO NOT do any weepy boring FLASHBACKS about her childhood and her parents and DO NOT how she became a Borg - all that's been done in the series

3. do an entire Star Trek movie with Borg against the Federation (from the Borg point of view) or Borg against Species 8472

otherwise, leave the Star Trek movie Franchise alone!!

Credits
    Did Voyager have a big enough following to warrant a feature film? I never really watched it. I stopped watching all Star Trek shows after TNG signed off.

j7wild, they will never leave it alone for one simple reason. Money! If there's any to be had, they will keep making movies. No matter how bad they are, most Trekkies will go and see them.

Credits
    I'm in for a new star trek movie, I didn't like the last two movies but I'm curious about a new trek-movie.
    If Matt Damon is going to play Kirk, who would you guys like to see playing Spock? Cause you can't have a Kirk without Spock.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

j7wild Guest
    Matt Damon doesn't even like a young William Shatner!!

Credits
    I am a huge trekkie, but I am not looking forward to seeing a young Kirk or a young Spock.

What I would prefer to see is a mix of the established Star Trek crews (and actors), particular TNG, DS9 and Voyager (at least, that would be the easiest). You don't have to have everyone from all three crews... two from each would give a full crew (and if they could figure out a viable way of adding TOS and Enterprise crew members, that would be even better).

One idea I had (which would probably make a better novel than a movie, but I would still like to see it) would be to have Q (who has proven he can transcend time) bring all of the known Enterprise captains together for a major galactic crisis... that would be Archer, Pike, Kirk, Spock, Harriman, Garrett, Picard and Riker (each of those have been officially named as captain of the Enterprise, although Spock and Riker were both relatively brief... you could also add Decker, but he was replaced before he took the Enterprise out of space dock, so I wouldn't include him). Obviously someone else would have to be used for Pike, since I believe that actor is dead, but I believe the other actors are around (yes, I would use Shatner and Nimoy for this).

One of the things that annoyed me about most of the movies they have done is they are trying to reach a broad, non-Star Trek audience, resulting in Star Trek fans being dissappointed and non-Star Trek fans not caring. I think the fan base is strong enough to support a movie made for Star Trek fans. I think II, VI and First Contact did a good job of this. IV did a great job of reaching both fans and non-fans, but I think that was the only one.

Another problem they had, especially with Generations and Insurrection, is the movies felt like an extended episode (several of the two-part episodes were better than those movies). Maybe that is a credit for how good the episodes really were, but I didn't feel that the movies really stepped up.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

j7wild Guest
    here here Corfy, well said!!

I don't think the powers to be at Star Trek even know or care what the fans want!!

They just make things up as they go along!!

If Gene was still alive and in charge; none of this would happen!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild
    If Gene was still alive and in charge; none of this would happen!!
    Oh, I don't know about that... he had some strange ideas there toward the end...

One movie Idea Gene had was to send the TOS crew back in time and have Spock stop the assassination of JFK. He pushed for it long and hard (especially between the times when he heard Star Trek IV was going to be a time travel movie and when it actually went into production).

Credits
    well like I said James Bond and Star Trek share a similar opinion. Now also like James Bond I'm not a big Star Trek fan but I did enjoy the TNG series and what I seen of Voyager. Now I agree with j7wild that a Voyager movie would be interesting I probably wouldn't go see it but it would be interesting none the less. Now personally I think they did everything they could basically do in Star Trek like the originality has been drained from it
    "lets do this idea?"
    "no we already did that one"
    "how about this?"
    "no we already did that to"
    So this movie just seems like they are just grasping at straws so to speak.
    Last edited by the_Web_Slinger; 08-01-2006 at 11:49 AM.

Credits

j7wild Guest
    I am not even gonna watch this...

Credits
    Although the Borg are my favorite group in the Star Trek universe, it' be too repetitve to have another movie about them. Perhaps a movie with a nice war going on. I watched that show for the space battles Same with Babylon 5, though the story was good too.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast