Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Has anyone seen the ORIGINAL "The Crazies"?

I'm wondering if I'm one of the only people that's actually seen this!

"The Crazies" opens in theaters this weekend, but I'm surprised how many people don't seem to realize it's actually a remake of a classic George Romero horror film from the '70s! Basically, it seems to me like it was the movie that "28 Days Later" sort of ripped off a bit - except that in "The Crazies", it's just a quarantined town that gets all zombiefied from a virus, rather than the world. It was a great story, although it's let down a little bit by the fact that it's VERY low budget - so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the story now that they've actually got the money to produce it better.

If it's good, it'll get a place on my DVD shelf right next to the Romero original!

Credits
    You have to be a fan of "Romero", "Bava" and "Fulci" spaghetti horrors to actually appreciate it, after all it is 37 years old and was as you mentionned a "B" flick in more ways than one.
    Unless you are a Romero fan, you probably never heard of it, it's grown into more of a cult movie than anything else, and overshadowed by his first effort Night of the Living Dead in 68 and Dawn of the Dead in 78 which took the spotlight, and I'm not even going to touch the tons of other spaghetti horrors being cranked out at the same time during the mid 70's. .
    I enjoyed it as well, but then again being memorable, that's another story.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Well, it's definitely a B-flick in the way that pretty much all of the Romero movies are B-flicks to one degree or another, but I'd say it's memorable (if you've seen it, that is) - without "The Crazies", "28 Days Later" would have had nothing to rip off. It is definitely overshadowed in the mainstream viewer's mind by the "Dead" series, which gets a lot more press, but I'd actually take "The Crazies" over any of the "Dead" movies after "Dawn of the Dead". It's most notable really for attempting to tell what is really a big-budget plot on a miniscule amount of money, what with the army subplot and the entire town going insane, etc. - which is why it's really a particularly good candidate for a remake. Hopefully the new movie manages to take advantage of all that potential - I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Credits

Just Posted the VOB's if you're interested

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...&postcount=432