Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Cool The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher, Mulligan)

I have all 3 of the Swedish made movies and they are brilliant!!

Now Hollywood is going to remake them.

I hope they don't ruin them!!

Hopefully David Fincher will get them right!!

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle7107260.ece
    Last edited by j7wild; 05-05-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    I have all 3 of the Swedish made movies and they are brilliant!!

Now Hollywood is going to remake them.

I hope they don't ruin them!!

Hopefully David Fincher will get them right!!
    Agreed with first one. Preparing to see other 2. First one is great!

Credits
    I've seen the first one and it's absolutely brilliant. Fincher is one of my favourite directors and I think he can pull it off. Hopefully it comes close to the original. More people need to see it as it's fantastic.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by movieblaster.cc View Post
    I just saw the first one and was blown away (quickly watched the other two and was equally impressed), shame there won't be another, even though a fourth book was half-finished. Fincher is probably the right choice but to be honest I don't know how one can 'improve' on the originals, which seems to be the consensus here. Right Mithy?
    I think Hollywood gonna have a script with transparent characters with not much screen time and nothing to do, played by big actors who don't seem interested in their part.

That's usually what happens when Hollywood remakes one of these great foreign movies.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by movieblaster.cc View Post
    I just saw the first one and was blown away (quickly watched the other two and was equally impressed), shame there won't be another, even though a fourth book was half-finished. Fincher is probably the right choice but to be honest I don't know how one can 'improve' on the originals, which seems to be the consensus here. Right Mithy?
    I must say, swedish version is brilliant. Very original, very fresh, located in exact country, language and with exact cast. That's why, this trilogy (but definitely mostly first part) is so great. If Fincher will do his masterpiece, it'll can be Millenium.

j7wild Guest
    the only other foreign thriller that comes to my mind that in my opinion is as good as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362225/

Credits
    Ah this sounds wicked!! Again, is it just out in the States or will it be in the UK soon!?!? Haven't heard of it as of yet?!?!

Credits
    This movie has done a good business in the Box Office. It is in 11the week and stood 20 the position. Not bad.

Credits
    The Box Office success of the movie again proved that people are loving Animated 3d movie more than general movies. I watched the movie and suggest others to watch it.

j7wild Guest
    I really want Daniel to get this role now that Bond 23 is suspended indefinitely!!

Though it has been rumoured that Brad Pitt was to re-team with his "Seven" and Fight Club" director David Fincher on the upcoming remake of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", a much more suitable name has emerged today to play the film's male lead - Daniel Craig.

Though several outlets are reporting different statuses in regards to Craig's involvement (Deadline says he's in talks, The Wrap says he's "near a deal"), all agree that Craig is looking the most likely to take on the role of investigative journalist Mikael Blomkvist in the English-language adaptation of Stieg Larsson's megahit "Millennium" novel trilogy.

In the story, Blomqvist is a disgraced journalist in Stockholm who is investigating the 40-year-old disappearance of a industrialist's niece on a remote island. His investigations alongside misunderstood rebellious female hacker Lisbeth Salander uncovers religious killings, Nazism, rape, child abuse and murder.

The film's distributor Sony Pictures has denied all the casting reports thus far, saying "We have not offered any roles to anyone nor are we negotiating with anyone." Michael Nyqvist played the role in the Swedish-language film version which opened in Europe last year and is currently in limited theatrical release in the U.S., U.K. and Australia where it has scored strong reviews and box-office.

Craig, currently filming Jon Favreau's "Cowboys and Aliens", was slated to shoot the next James Bond film at the end of the year. MGM's financial difficulties however have likely pushed back filming on 007's next adventure into 2011.

The important role of Lisbeth Salander has yet to be cast though, with names like Carey Mulligan, Ellen Page, Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, Kristen Stewart, Mia Wasikowska, Anne Hathaway and Scarlett Johansson being bandied about as potentials.

Steve Zaillian ("Schindler's List," "American Gangster") is penning the script based directly on the book rather than the Swedish-language film. Fincher has the option to direct the next two films in the trilogy, "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest", with rumours suggesting both films will be shot back-to-back.

Filming on 'Dragon Tattoo' kicks off in Sweden in October on the first film which is slated for release in December next year.

Meanwhile....

In an interview with The Wrap, Sony Pictures Entertainment co-chairman Amy Pascal says there's no intention to tone down the darkness of their planned American film adaptation of Stieg Larsson's novel "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and its two sequels.

"That's why we hired David Fincher. We're going to really do this, in all their glory. Otherwise why do it? They're very R-rated movies. It's the shock of what's really going on underneath the surface of society. If you don't actually make good on that, you haven't told the story" says Pascal.

At present they are working out the production timeline for the trilogy - "I’m going to try to get these movies out as fast as possible. But, you know, we’ll have the first one next Christmas. And hopefully, the next two as quick as I can get them. We’re trying to figure that out now."

Of course the other big question, will Fincher direct "The Girl Who Played with Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" as well? "Yeah, I would like it. I’m hoping he will. And he’s hoping he will."

Credits
    I haven't seen but from the reviews it seems to be interesting one so I must watch this soon....

Credits

It's offical...

...Rooney Mara is Lisbeth Salander

LOS ANGELES, CALIF.—Rooney Mara will be working alongside James Bond star Daniel Craig in the Hollywood remake of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Sony Pictures announced Monday that Mara will play Lisbeth Salander, a fearless genius tormented by a terrible childhood, in the crime thriller based on the first book in Stieg Larsson’s bestselling series.

Mara, 25, joins Craig as journalist Mikael Blomkvist, who teams up with Lisbeth to delve into a string of decades-old murders.

Dragon Tattoo is directed by David Fincher, who cast Mara in The Social Network, a drama about the founders of Facebook due in theatres Oct. 1.

The English-language adaptation of Dragon Tattoo begins shooting next month in Sweden and is due out Dec. 21, 2011.
    I for one am happy that a more or less unknown actress got the part. I'm not familiar with her at all but I trust Fincher and I'm sure she'll be perfect.

j7wild Guest
    she played Nancy in the Nightmare on Elm Street remake

she looked real plain and punkish and tomboyish at times in that film

I think she would be perfect