Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

movie commercial question

we got in Bond on wednesday of last week. the studios instructed us to insert commercials into the beginning of the film, before the trailers. most people i talked to said they were pretty upset that that they spent $7 plus to watch commercials. not to mention that they are starting to put them on DVDs as well. does anyone know who to write to or how we can address this problem? i don't think people will quit watch movies just because they have commercials, but it is a headache having to hear people complain about them....

anyone have any ideas?

Credits
    I'm glad to hear other people were annoyed by this as well. Nowadays it's pretty bad, they play at least 5 min of stupid commercials (the volvo suv, the swivel digcam, nascar movie critics, etc.) before they even get to the trailers. love the trailers but HATE the commercials!!

I know there are some people trying to organize some petitions or something but i don't know how effective that'll be. i think alot of people are sick of the ads and all it'll take is to get some people organized so that the theaters know that people don't want to see them. maybe if everyone agrees to complain to the theater manager after every movie they see they'll get the point!

but here in the US i know there's been opposition to ads before movies from at least 4 years ago but i guess that didn't go anywhere.

Credits

Thumbs down

Commercial in movies: Bad idea!

Two suggestions for you Red Bear:

1) Tell the movie studios exactly what people thought. Maybe create a survey for people to voluntarily fill out after the movie, so the studios will know exactly how much the commercials sucked.

2) You can always say to the movie studios that you put commercials in front of the movies hint, hint
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits

Thumbs down

Theater owners receive good money for playing commercials, why do you think that they care about your opinion? Money is the most important thing for people. If you have only 5 mins of commercials, you are lucky one We have here usaually 10-15 mins before every film, blockbusters like LOTR have 20-25 mins of sucky unwatchable spots. And after all that crap they continue to increase prices for tickets every year!

Credits
    I hate seeing the commercials in the theater. The trailers are great. But when you have all the ads before the film, the movie starts 15 minutes later than its scheduled!
    Whatcha Gonna Do!?