Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

R.I.P. Stephen J. Cannell

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/cele...bit/index.html

Television producer Stephen J. Cannell, known for his work on shows including "21 Jump Street" and "The A-Team," died Thursday, his publicist said. Cannell was 69.

Cannell died from complications associated with melanoma at his Pasadena, California, home surrounded by family and loved ones, said a family statement.

He created, wrote and produced several iconic TV series, starting in the 1970s with "The Rockford Files."

His other hit series included: "Greatest American Hero," "The A-Team," "Hunter," "Riptide," "Hardcastle & McCormick," "21 Jump Street," "Wiseguy," "The Commish," "Profit," and syndicated shows "Renegade" and "Silk Stalkings."

Viewers may best remember the trademark closing for Cannell's productions, which showed him at a typewriter tossing a sheet of paper over his shoulder.

He also acted, sometimes appearing in his own shows. Cannell had a recurring role on ABC-TV's hit series "Castle."

Cannell authored 16 novels, including the "Shane Scully" series.

He is survived by his wife of 46 years, Marcia, three children and three grandchildren, the family said.

Cannell overcame severe dyslexia as a child growing up in Pasadena, and later became a spokesman for the International Dyslexia Associationand an advocate for children and adults with learning disabilities.

He formed an independent production company, Stephen J. Cannell Productions, in 1979, which gave him control and ownership of his shows.

His studio is developing feature film versions of several of his hit TV shows, including "21 Jump Street" and "The Greatest American Hero." "The A-Team" movie was released in theaters last summer.

j7wild Guest

Unhappy

First Tony, now Stephen.

Do Hollywood Celebrities die at the same time or what?

I can't count how many of his tv series (whether he wrote or produced) I loved: A-Team, Hunter, Hill Street Blues, 21 Jump Street, Wiseguy, Mike Hammer, Rockford Files and on and on.

Stephen single handenly changed the face of primetime television series!! He has either written or co-written over 300 television scripts, created or co-created over two dozen television series!!

Not bad for someone who who was born with a disorder which kept him from doing well in school and he had trouble with English classes!!

Stephen, you will truly be missed!!