Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

The redband trailer has been leaked and it's on YouTube but who knows for how long.

You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits

It's not a leak, just some cam shot of the trailer posted on YouTube.
    I'll wait for the real deal.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

that is one lousy trailer!!

it doesn't have the feel and ambience and tension of the original movies trailers and the music (if that's even the real movie of the trailer) is ALL WRONG!!

that is a typical "Hollywood Cookie Cutter" trailer!!

Credits
    Are you kidding j7!? This is like the best teaser ever...

I'm waiting for MKV version posted by Shrubz

EDIT: ... and it's not a remake of Swedish movies but a new adaptation of a book.

Credits
    Yes, thats the red band trailer! I love the song in it!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by michalz00 View Post
    EDIT: ... and it's not a remake of Swedish movies but a new adaptation of a book.

From what I read on IMDB, and other sites, it is an adaptation, but not of the book.
    It's an English adaptation of the original Film Trilogy, and there are plans to "adapt" the complete trilogy.

http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog...on-tattoo.html

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by michalz00 View Post

I read all 3 books before watching the original trilogy movies and the movies were real loyal to the books

how much more can they change the movies adaption?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    From what I read on IMDB, and other sites, it is an adaptation, but not of the book.
    Well, the teaser says "From the international best-selling trilogy..." It doesn't say "From the international hit movies trilogy..." It's different from the book but still, the book is the main source... not the movies.

More about the changes here

Anyway... this looks amazing!

Credits
    Nice find guys! Hopefully, this'll be online officially in HD this week which is what I'm hearing (well, they said the GREEN BAND trailer will be online, but more than likely the Red Band version will be up in HD around the same time, no doubt). Btw, did anyone notice the Trent Reznor cover of Led Zepplin's "Immigrant Song" in the trailer? Man, that was BAD-ASS!
    "Change the scheme! Alter the mood! ELECTRIFY the boys and girls, if you'd be so kind!"
    On December 17, 2010, The Game Has Changed!
    http://movies.yahoo.com/TRONLegacyRevealed

Credits
    It looks pretty good actually... a different approach to trailers... not sure if I have seen very small cuts compiled into a trailer like this before.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRT View Post
    It looks pretty good actually... a different approach to trailers... not sure if I have seen very small cuts compiled into a trailer like this before.
    Agreed. However, to those like me who've never read the book (or at least seen the previous Sweden film adapatation and it's sequels), it doesn't tell you ANYTHING about the plot. Hopefully, we'll get more details with the full trailer eventually.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man 101 View Post
    Agreed. However, to those like me who've never read the book (or at least seen the previous Sweden film adapatation and it's sequels), it doesn't tell you ANYTHING about the plot. Hopefully, we'll get more details with the full trailer eventually.
    Ditto here!

This trailer has no impact, no power, it doesn't make you want to go see the movie!

The 3 original trailers screamed you got to see this if you want to know what's going on and how it ends!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8ZZ6ZJ82

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6UG0GZRH

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3SH7I7EP

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man 101 View Post
    Btw, did anyone notice the Trent Reznor cover of Led Zepplin's "Immigrant Song" in the trailer? Man, that was BAD-ASS!
    With lyrics sung by Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, no less!

Credits
    You have to remember that this is for an American audience, and they see these stories as something about an "alternative" rebel goth chick who kicks ass ... Like an anti-superhero! The trailer plays directly into that view of the character Lisbeth, so it's a win-win marketing wise.

Might not be the best "trailer" but being red band it doesn't matter.

Credits
    I'd call this a teaser, hence all the quick cuts and not much of any reveal of the plot. Judging a teaser as if it were a full-blown trailer is a mistake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast