Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Angry Fry her ass now!!

why should my tax money pay for her to spend most of the rest of her life in prison, getting 3 squares meals a day and free rent and utilities and medical care?

fry her ass now!!

I guarantee you if she gets out on Parole, 30 years from now, she will kill again.

Prisons don't correct and rehabilitate criminals, it just makes them more ruthless, more violent, more deranged, more sociopatic, more psychopatic, etc etc

http://news.yahoo.com/mo-teen-gets-l...141938731.html

Credits
    Doesn't the death penalty cost more per inmate on death row than the cost per inmate serving life in prison? Thus a tax payer is paying more for someone that is on death row. Your argument about being concerned about where your taxes are being spent does not hold in this instance. If every inmate serving a life sentence were to suddenly be given the death penalty, the cost would be astronomical would it not?

But that being said, this was a terrible crime this woman committed. I feel sad for the family who lost thier little girl in this tragedy.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    Doesn't the death penalty cost more per inmate on death row than the cost per inmate serving life in prison?
    You are correct, it does. But the main reason it costs more isn't because death row itself is inherently more expensive (it is no more expensive than someone sentenced to life), but because there are lots of appeals processes that someone on death row is entitled to go through, and each one of those appeals processes costs money to hire the lawyers, which is paid for by the state (i.e., by taxpayers). If I'm not mistaken, everyone on up to the U.S. Supreme Court reviews death row cases, which is a process that takes years and many, many lawyers.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection