Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Families eager to see animated film Madagascar 3 get treated to Parnormal Activity 4

Oops!

A Cineworld movie theater in Nottingham, U.K. experienced an unfortunate snafu, when instead of screening "Madagascar 3" to an auditorium full of kids, it accidentally projected "Paranormal Activity 4" on the silver screen. Chaos ensued.

According to a blog from Yahoo! Movies U.K., the parents grabbed their kids and ran from the theater. They suspected something was amiss when the opening scene of "Paranormal Activity 4" featured (SPOILER ALERT) a corpse hurtling toward the camera. The little kids, who were expecting sassy penguins and talking zebras, weren't amused.

Natasha Lewis of Bulwell in Nottingham, who took her 8-year-old son Dylan to see talking animated animals, said the unexpected horror movie scene was "enough to make grown men jump, so you can imagine the terror in these young faces."

She continued: "Everybody just scrambled for the exits, all you could hear were children crying and screaming. Everyone was very upset. I've watched a few horror films in my time but the 'Paranormal Activity' films are the scariest since 'The Exorcist'. It was only about two minutes worth of the film but it was enough to scar them for life. There were parents and kids in there, including some children who were younger than Dylan."

The movie theater apologized for the error, refunded ticket costs, and later screened the real "Madagascar 3" for the folks who stuck around. A spokesperson said, "We take matters such as this very seriously and are currently working with technicians to ensure this does not happen again."
    Children preparing to watch Madagascar 3 at a cinema fled in terror after bungling staff put on hair-raising horror film Paranormal Activity by mistake.

Parents were shocked when the opening scenes from the thriller started playing instead of the family cartoon flick.

Kids started crying as the opening scene showed a woman's bloodied corpse being hurled at the camera.

Around 25 families at Nottingham's Cineworld were forced to scramble for the exits with their children – some as young as five.

Angry mum Natasha Lewis, 32, accompanied her eight-year-old son Dylan to the screening which took place at 10.30am on Saturday.

She said: "We sat down and it was meant to start at 10am, but it took until 10.30am for the lights to go down and for the trailers to start.

"They started playing the movie and I thought - this doesn't look right. And then I recognised the opening sequence as a flashback to the first movie, which I saw a couple of years ago.

"It opens on the most terrifying scene in the first film – where a body shoots full pelt towards the camera.

“It's enough to make grown men jump, so you can imagine the terror in these young faces.

"Everybody just scrambled for the exits, all you could hear were children crying and screaming. Everyone was very upset.

“It was only about two minutes worth of the film but it was enough to scar them for life.”

Natasha was fully refunded by staff who also offered customers the chance to see Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted on another screen.

Cineworld apologised and said measures are being taken to ensure it does not happen again
    Sources: Yahoo!, The Sun (image source too)

Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

j7wild Guest
    I've watched a few horror films in my time but the 'Paranormal Activity' films are the scariest since 'The Exorcist'.
    She lies!

The Paranormal Activity films are boring and not scary at all!

She must not get out much!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    She lies!

The Paranormal Activity films are boring and not scary at all!

She must not get out much!

Or just has a different opinion...