Past Tense - (DO Fear) The Reaper Part III

Car's current owner is Roger Gibson (Alf Humphreys); father of the son who was killed during that barbecue, propane explosion. *wink* This is part of the "Final Destination 3" DVD bonus features.

See that? That's how you do it with nods and excellent continuity. Sway.

A fire extinguisher? Makes you wonder how many times Death came for Kimberly and Thomas and failed. Officer Burke was reduced to a desk job, probably since nobody wanted to be his partner. Would you?

- - -

Another thought popped in my noggin'. Not this - but a prequel to "Return Of The Living Dead" (1985).

The film establishes the source - Frank (James Karen) says to Freddy (Thom Mathews)...

Back in 1969 in Pittsburgh, at the V.A. hospital - there was a chemical spill and all that stuff kinda of leaked down into the morgue. And it made all the dead bodies kind of jump around as though it was alive.
And.

They closed it all down, see? And the Army shipped all that contaminated dirt and all those dead bodies out. And they kept it a secret.
Later we see Col. Horace Glover (Jonathan Terry) and his wife Ethel (Cathleen Cordell) in San Diego. The colonel trying after all these years to find those missing canisters, 'Easter Eggs'.

What grabs my attention is the look of horror in Ethel's face as Horace is talking to Burt Wilson (Clu Gulager) on the phone. I get the impression she knows - as in personal experience.

What if Horace and Ethel met in THAT V.A. hospital - the first outbreak? Survived, stopped it from spreading and later got married.

Prequel is their story; how the health center became over run by the dead in '69. How the two made it out and why he was given that position.

Would make an excellent prequel under the right hands; the same vibe as the '85 feature, a horror/comedy.

- - -

Getting closer still to Halloween, a couple more titillating costumes.

What could that be? "Sexy Movie Clown Character Costume", man that's a toughie. Can't put my finger on it. Drawing a blank... Penny for your thoughts?

The other is new to me. I like the concept, "Sexy Zombie Hunter" unsure if it comes with decapitated zed head or prop ax. I would like to think so. In a way it reminds me of a Girl Scouts uniform which is probably what they were going for.

- - - - - - - - - -

Recommendations.

We are now one week away, one week. You should really know what you're gonna watch. Here are five final options.

"Crawlspace" (2012)
Australian desert; a joint American/Australian top secret military base, "Pine Gap". Special Forces are sent in after a distress signal is received. The commandos find a woman, Eve who is has amnesia, one of the bases' prisoners. Things get complicated the deeper they go. From a mutant gorilla to inhuman experiments and other survivors who claim the young woman is the real danger. But want her protected, not killed. The reason why is twisted as is the ending. At times, like a live action "Akira" (1988).
MPI Media Group - 2013 - NR

Dead Ant (2017)
"Sonic Grave" was a 1980s one-hit wonder, glam-metal band - still trying to recapture their past glory. The band is on their way to a Coachella substitute music festival, Nochella. Along they way, want some 'inspiration' and buy some peyote at a pit stop in Joshua Tree, California. They are sold a curse hallucinogenic - cursed if they harm any life, even bugs while trippin'; safe if they obey the rule. One of them hurts an ant. The next day the band is terrorized by car sized ants. Still trying to reach the festival - they bring the swam. It is only the power of Rock that saves the day. This movie stand shoulders with "Eurotrip" (2004) having best comedy song ("Scotty Doesn't Know"), here - "Side Boob". The CGI effects are serviceable and the humor works, a horror comedy.
Cinedigm Entertainment Corp. - 2019 - R

"Incident At Loch Ness" (2004)
A mockumentary about finding Nessie. Documentary film maker John Bailey is trying to get feature director Werner Herzog to sign on his vanity project "Enigma Of Loch Ness". Herzog gets sucked in with false pretenses. Bailey's newbie producer, Zak Penn wants to turn the production into a blockbuster... by creating drama. This is mostly a comedy - so much mismanagement that end disastrously when they encounter the creature. Penn hires a Playboy model as their sonar operator for sex appeal and a deluded cryptozoologist as comic relief. The film ends with a major question... was any of it real? Did Penn duped them all? The DVD's extras present the documentary as authentic - participants in character. There is a hidden menu with a ton of covert content on the making and commentaries by the creators and cast. Big concept DVD. Yes, you do get to see the life size creature prop (just the head).
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment - 2005 - PG-13

"John Carpenter's The Fog" (1980)
Antonio Bay, California is about to celebrate their coastal town centennial birthday. What is suppose to be a time of fireworks, revelry and food... turns into a spectral nightmare. The town is engulfed with a dense supernatural mist; murder for those who get in their way. Death to the descendants of the town founders. Men who in 1880 plundered gold and sunk a clipper ship, the Elizabeth Dane. They (leapers) had bought acres in town away from everyone, a sanctuary for themselves. They have returned to the land of the living to enact their revenge. This is more of a visual film than story which is rather thin. The 2005 remake is far worse, stay with the original.
Shout! Factory - 2013 - R

"Saturn 3" (1980)
Distant future - overcrowding, Earth relies on research conducted in remote stations across the solar system. One such remote facility is on the moon Titan around Saturn. The installation is working on hydroponics for sustenance. It is manned Dr. Alex and Major Adam who pushed for the post since the two are secret lovers. Perfect spot to be left alone since research would take years. Better yet, nobody wants the post - they're not disturbed. Things become dangerous when technocrat, Captain Benson arrives with a parcel. He informs them that Adam is being replaced with a machine, large multi-tasking robot, Hector; first of the Demigod series. Benson is busy programming the droid. Bit by bit things are off about Benson. His machine is programmed from his brain - including homicidal urges and desires. Benson isn't the real person, Captain James was murdered. Benson took over his seat. Robot becomes a mirror of the impostor, both human and malevolent automaton are obsessed with Alex - the only woman for billions of miles. Angry his attention are not reciprocated and exposed; Benson and Hector engage in a cat in mouse game for Adam and Alex throughout the base. No cry for help - in shadow lock, under Saturn eclipse; no communication for twenty-two days. A sci-fi vehicle for Farrah Fawcett. Available as special edition DVD/BD combo.
Shout! Factory LLC - 2013 - R

- - - - - - - - - -

Just Because.

Shantel VanSanten is attractive, great legs. Thought I 'd should share, if you didn't know already. But she couldn't save this motion picture - plot does matter. VanSanten would look great in that Greek Olympia outfit from last Thursday.

By the way...

A fellow named MarteLanniStarkgaryen (different message board, 2013) came up with an equally excellent idea for another installment...

I thought about other deaths in the FD series and thought what if the cast of FD 6 was made up of people who inadvertently caused the deaths of people throughout the series. The Bus Driver that accidently ran over chick in FD1, or the Ambulance Driver from FD4, a Bridge Worker or the Sail Boat Captain from FD5 or the Gymnist who stepped on the screw. What if you put all of those people in one place and they avoid Death. And death comes for them. I'd have to watch each and every FD Movie again to compile a list, but when u think about it they were all working for Death. I think it would be a cool twist.

On an added note: You could even mix up the death sequences and kill them off in the order in which they killed someone else as opposed to the order in which they died in the "Premonition Disaster" such as the gymnist dying first since FD 5 was a prequel even though maybe she died third on the train, plane, or automobile. It could keep the audience guessing as to WTF was going on for a change.
Holy crap! That's awesome.

Still not over, no - one more wickedness is yet to come next Thursday. Word of advice, you should add garlic to your diet, no reason. See you then.