Best Buy - October 20th, 2015

Jurassic World
    Free t-shirt with BD purchase; BD/DVD/DC combo $19.99

Back To The Future: 30th Anniversary Trilogy
    Exclusive collectible license plates; BD only $39.99

Minions Premium Halloween Bag
    $5.99 alone or $3.99 with select purchases

- - - - - - - - - -

"Coheed & Cambria - Color Before The Sun" with 2 exclsuive bonus tracks (available now) $9.99
    Last edited by JohnIan101; 06-22-2017 at 03:39 AM.

Credits
    Past Tense - Dance With The Reaper Part II

Footnotes.

There was another bonus disc, not a store exclusive, available to all retailers. I bought mine at Best Buy on release day for $14.99 (price varied from store to store).

Released three weeks before FD3 hit theaters was a three disc set, "Final Destination: Scared 2 Death Pack" on January 17th, 2006.

Just a bundling of the first two movies (in their own cases) with a cardboard slipcover.

Inside the cover was an extra DVD and a theater voucher to see FD3 for free ($10.50 value for one; the window was February 10th to March 10th, 2006). Never used mine, its still in there.

What can I say? I'm a collector.

The bonus disc came in a printed cardboard sleeve. It should be noted, the re-release pack...

When "Final Destination" and "Final Destination 2" originally came out, both DVD had holographic, foil wraparounds - only available on their first pressings. "Scared 2 Death Pack" has the later wraparounds, flat printings. I sold my extra copies and moved my first editions into that slipcover.

The bonus disc has a runtime of 38:04 minutes. Since it will fall out of the slipcover. I have my extra disc (and sleeve) inside the Wal-Mart bonus case, now upgraded into a two disc case. *nods* As you can see the content is kinda weak, but it does have the teaser for the FD3 and behind-the-scenes footage.

- - -

Say thank you.

Say it!

The flow chart for "Choose Their Fate!".

If you didn't know, the home video release is quite unique. You have the option, to turn this movie into a 'choose your adventure' tale. Some of it was lame, others were quite shiny.

Enjoy...

Coin Flip
    Heads: Theatrical version. Tails: Wendy has her vision while in line not inside the coaster, the movie ends. Epilogue before end credits on the characters post-graduation.
    73 or 76 Degrees
    73 Degrees: Theatrical version. 76 Degrees: Both Ashley (Chelan Simmons) and Ashlyn (Crystal Lowe) still die in the tanning salon, but not by burning alive; electrocution.
    Should Wendy Honk Again?
    Yes: Kevin pulls Frankie (Sam Easton) out of the car at the last moment. No: Theatrical version.
    Should Wendy Take Another Look?
    Yes: Lewis (Texas Battle) dies immediately by the machine. No: Theatrical version.
    Kill or Warning Shot?
    Kill: Theatrical version. Warning Shot: Erin (Alexz Johnson) dies the same way, but different cause.
    Was Frankie Worth Saving?
    Yes: See a pervy video shot by Mr. Frankie Cheeks. No: Movie continues.
    Jump Left or Jump Right
    Jump Left: Theatrical version. Jump Right: Ian (Kris Lemche) still dies from the malfunctioning cherry picker, but more mercifully. The movie ends.
    Map or No Map?
    This option only is available depending on the last choice (Jump Left). Map: Alternate ending; Wendy does not having her final premonition. No Map: Theatrical version.
    Get The Details?
    This option only is available depending on the last choice (Map). Yes: Read the newspaper article on deaths Kimberly Corman (A.J. Cook) and Officer Thomas Burke (Michael Landes) from "Final Destination 2". No: Movie continues - alternate ending.

When FD3 came to home video; "Choose Their Fate" option didn't work on all DVD players - Toshiba brand machines had the worst errors - would freeze up and jump. Sony machines don't have this problem.

- - - - - - - - - -

Tangent.

Say thank you again!

As you read above, there was an option to read the obituaries for the two surviving characters from FD2. I'm kinda bummed out that Kimberly and Thomas didn't become a couple. But I guess after the exploding barbecue death, they figured it was safer to stay apart. That article was excellent.

Great nod to the events of the previous film.

By the way, Kimberly and Officer Burke were suppose to have cameo at the end of FD3. The couple was on board the subway with Wendy, Julie (Amanda Crew) and Kevin; realizing far too late what was about to happen.

Would've like to have seen that, but the actors' schedule prevented that from happening. Damn.

- - -

Here's another one, but from "Final Destination 2". Some people apparently missed the death of Alex Browning (Devon Sawa), FD1. It's mentioned twice in the film.

First when Kimberly searches online for the fate of the survivors of Flight 108. The second pix is expanded, reconstructed screen snaps. You're welcome. Then when Clear Rivers (Ali Larter) shows Kimberly the Polaroid of her dead friend.

Gravity and a brick.

- - - - - - - - - -

Recommendations.

The last offering for this season. The next PT arrives two days before Halloween; you should have your night viewing down.

"Below" (2002)
    World War II. The U.S.S. Tiger Shark picks up the survivors of a torpedoed medical vessel. Shortly there after bizarre occurrences happen in the submarine. Something is inside the ship, looking for vengeance. Now the crew must not only deal with enemy destroyers above, but an angry... ghost. The studio barely promoted this movie. In fact the director, David Twohy paid from his own pocket, the film's website (long dead). That's messed up, it deserved much better. Damn good feature.
    Dimension Home Video - 2002 - R

"Doghouse" (2009)
    A U.K. feature and worthy to be spoken in the same breath as "Shaun Of The Dead" (2004). It's a guys' weekend, a group of friends try to help out one of their own who has fallen into depression over his bad divorce. They take him to a remote village where the women greatly out number the men; time to party. But when they arrive they find it deserted. Where is everyone? It's a take on "28 Days Later" (2002), a rage virus - but it only effects women. Turning them into man hating homicidals. Now the group is trapped and separated within the local shops. No communication, they're on their own. A dark comedy.
    MPI Media Group - 2010 - NR

"Feast" (2005)
    An out of the way desert bar becomes an all night siege when a bloody man enters the tavern claiming that large unknown beasts are coming this way in mire minutes. He's discounted - for a moment until THEY arrive. This is a remorseless horror flick, nobody is safe. What are they? No answer given, don’t need it. Big, nasty, over-the-top and ooh so mean. The movie plays like a video game, in the good sense. This spawn two sequels; note, Part III comes in two versions, R and Unrated.
    Dimension Home Entertainment - 2009 - NR

"Love Object" (2003)
    Kenneth Winslow is shy and socially awkward, he works as a technical writer (users manuals). His life becomes complicated when a new employee is hired, Lisa. She becomes his obsession, knowing that he can’t have her, he settles on the next best thing - a love doll, custom made to order in her likeness, Nikki. Kenneth soon has reality issues (is Nikki alive?) and decided to remove the real girl for his silicone lover.
    Lions Gate Home Entertainment - 2004 - R

"Rogue" (2007)
    American travel journalist, Pete McKell joins a group of tourists on a crocodile cruise in Australia. Their tour guide investigate a possible distress up the river, a flare. What they find is an empty, partially submerged boat. Soon their own craft is impacted by an unseen force, it too begins to sink. The group swims to a nearby isle. As they try to understand what happened, it becomes violently apparent as one of their own is consumed by a twenty-five foot long crocodile. To make matters even worse, their sanctuary is shrinking; the tide is rising, in a few hours they’ll be underwater.
    Genius Products - 2008 - NR

Signs point to the conclusion of Limited Edition Horror with another two parter - about a super mega monkey. Don't be frightened on October 29th, 2015. Probably not that accurate - throwing his dung... mostly.
    Last edited by JohnIan101; 09-08-2019 at 07:45 AM.