Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    Past Tense - He Knows Kung Vamp-Fu Part I

The howl could be felt to the bone. You gave a quick mental inventory of the place. What can be used as an immediate weapon? The first thought was that cooking knife, it wasn't as long as you wished, but can do damage - providing you don't get slice in half by that... thing. You grab it, holding.

That's when eyes fell upon an item in the RV. Something you have, but didn't use in cooking - a bottle of cayenne pepper. This beast may be super strong, but such a thing could blind and make it cry, hard. Even allowing you to flee in the truck. You would have to get close to it. "Hey!" You rush towards the kitchen drawers, searching and find - a turkey baster! This can be filled with pepper, squeezed like your life depended on it. Right to the face in a blast. Critter goes down.

It's a plan. The RV is hit once more. Don't know, could be the other half of that bear, same half or it... ramming the side. You hold in place by grabbing onto the locked table. You filled the baster with powder and used a napkin in a wad to seal the open end, until you're ready.

The rocking gave the third idea. You have a full size fire extinguisher; A, B and C type. You put the baster (neck up) in your pocket, don't dare leave it where you could loose it; same with the knife, wrapped with napkins too with care. Drop to your knees and pull off the strap holding the extinguisher to the wall. This puppy can buy you some time. Can this thing take super cold, ice temperatures? Easy enough to find out. It has pressure and legit distance.

The next was not unexpected - just startling. It pushed inside, breaking a window in the living room. The lights do not do it justice. This is a beast, an upright beast, human sized and utterly vicious. You can see blood in its canine mouth as it looked at you, trying to crawl itself inside. BLAST! Right to the face.

It gave an even louder bellow, but this was the sound of pain. The thing did not like the extinguisher, nor the super cold jolt. You could hear the thing move away from the RV. It was wiping the foam off its face, that sound was audible. But that means this thing will be even more mad. You rush forward and close the day for night blinds.

A second later realizing, that thin fabric won't keep it out. But at least, it can't see you. This pause gave you time to look at the gage. WTF?! WTF? WTF!!! This thing read, less than a quarter remain. The person who owned this tow last, sold it to you - had used the extinguisher frequently. AND PUT IT BACK in place. On what? This is madness. You could die because of some incompetent, wanna be chef who set too many cooking fires.

That noise had stopped, no more stirring. The dust from the extinguisher had settled too.

Now you heard a low pitch growl, long, extended - not for its sake. For you to know. Don't need to have the window open. You can already see it in your mind. It's red eyes, staring at you through the blinds, super ticked off. Once again, your blood turns cold. So glad you went to the bathroom before this happened. No. No. Razors are not going to work on that. What are you gonna do? Shave it to death? The thought gave you a light chuckle, you needed it. You will need it for what happens next.

Week three of "Limited Edition Horror" 2021 has come to slay pesky blood suckers with a two parter, a brand new entry, "Blade Trinity"...

The motion picture opened on December 8th, 2004. It was made with a budget of $65,000,000 (estimated); counting foreign receipts it made $78,955,776. The movie bombed domestically ($52.3 million). The film opened number one at the box office, the following week it dropped to number three.

The feature opened against "The Polar Express", "National Treasure", "Alexander" and "The Incredibles".

This originally was not issued a slipcover, but came with a foil wraparound. Please note, later pressings replaced it with a regular (matted) wraparound. First pressing also came with a single sheet insert; chapter listings, the other side mirrored the DVD's cover. It also came with ad insert for "Wedding Crashers" (2005) and "The Man" ('05) - the other side is a full page advertisement for "The New World" ('O5) with film's poster.

The first pressing also included a bonus mini-comic book which fit inside the case. I'll cover that in a few.

- - -

There was one exclusive and it came from Wal-Mart.

The store sold it on street (April 26th, 2005) as a combo set. It came with a EP CD in its own small long box, the same size as the DVD case. "Blade: Trinity - The Daywalker Mix". This sold for $15.87 (yes, I kept notes). Above right is the non-exclusive comic cover.

Sorry about the poor res combo image. I'm lucky to have that.

If I remember correctly this set was also available for the theatrical cut DVD too. I bought my copy on release day.

1. Blade's Back (The RZA Remix)
    2. Thirsty
    3. The Nightstalkers
    4. Bombs Away (Danny Saber Remix)
    4. Bloodthirsty (Thirsty Instrumental)

This was a limited time exclusive, it would later be available on it's own.

As mentioned, this came with a comic book (DVD first pressing). See that cover - know what's missing?

Blade. Being serious.

This is a stand alone, self-contained tale; the prequel to the movie with Abigail Whistler and Hannibal King, how they came about needing HIS help.

"Blade: Night Stalking" is twenty-four pages; written by Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray. Edited by Joe Quesada. Art by Amanda Connier, Palmiotti and Guru EFX.

It's the set-up to "Trinity" with lots of artwork that accentuates Jessica Biel's character femininity. For some this is sacrilegious - I haven't found Biel that attractive. She pretty, sure, but not as hot as so many claim. Too middle of the road to have all those adorations.

By the way, it's listed as the comic as mature because of cursing and gore, no nudity.

- - - - - - - - - -

Rant.

Not gonna sugar coat it. This was the movie that put an end to the "Blade" movie franchise. It is the weakest of the lot. Producers were trying to make a spinoff - MINUS Westley Snipes. He is friggin' Blade! That was so stupid.

The studio got bitched slapped at the box office. Rumor has it; Snipes knew what was going on and was phoning it in. Why bring his A-game when he's getting replaced. Even was getting into fights with director (and co-writer) David S. Goyer. Got so bad, Goyer would not talk to him directly; his exchanges were done by Post-It notes.

Even co-star Kris Kristofferson who played Abraham Whistler had the same sentiments - this was a cash grab, not about making a good feature. Goes even further, the director of the first film (1998), Stephen Norrington dropped the offer to direct after reading the script - that bad.

The bonus features also suffered, Snipes participated very little. You can see it on the featurettes, the shots with the actor look like they came from different sources.

By the way, this was Goyer directorial debut. The movie has solid ideas (grand ideas even), but needed more time to work out the story and should've been about Blade, not trying to spin it off. Yes it could've been worked into it. Sure. But they took short cuts and blindsided audiences who came to see the vampire hunger not new pups.

Goes even more - in 2005 Snipes brought a lawsuit against New Line Cinema, Goyer and executive producer Toby Emmerich. He claimed they did not play his full salary and he was intentionally taken out of filmmaking activity and casting decision... but was one of the producers.

Along with the assertion that his character's screen time was reduced so that the new characters would take center stage - the new franchise the studio and Goyer wanted. All and all he was seeking five million in damages.

This is why Snipes had disappeared from Hollywood; studios didn't want to cast him - troublemaker. Does matter if he was correct. I don't know what became of that - other than it was settled out-of-court, undisclosed amount.

Over the years Snipes has attempted to get another sequel made, a "Blade" movie with him as the star which is what the other films were. His efforts failed. I wish he was successful. For me "Blade II" is one of the best comic book based films made, it was outstanding.

Did not know this until researching - Kate Beckinsale, best known for the "Underworld" films said in 2016 that at one time - there was in development a crossover sequel with Blade and her character, Selene joining forces. This would have been a sequel to "Trinity".

That project was scraped over rights, the Blade property reverted back to Marvel Studios in 2012. Now that could've been sway as hell.

Credits
    Best Buy - October 26th, 2021

The Suicide Squad
    Exclusive steelbook; 4k BD/BD/DC combo $34.99

Globin Slayer: Season 1
    Exclusive steelbook; BD/DC combo $39.99

Credits
    Past Tense - Occult Gumshoe, Spear Of Destiny And Supernatural Woes Part II

Still talking about "Ultimate Matrix Collection". Something you need to know if you're an über fan, compleatist. You still need the original "The Matrix" DVD (streeted September 21st, 1999 for $24.98, a cardboard snapper case). Or the later repackaging in a regular case. Why?

Missing from "Ultimate" are two commentaries. The first is a commentary by special effects supervisor John Gaeta, editor Zach Staenberg and actress Carrie Anne-Moss.

The second is by composer Don Davis that includes an isolated music score. He talks when nothing is playing. Also missing is "Making The Matrix" featurette (twenty-five minutes), but it's redundant, eclipsed by the massive bonus features in that box set.

Think of it like the 1979 documentary "Giger's Alien", which was not included in either box sets, "Alien: Quadrilogy" DVD (2003) or "Alien: Anthology" Blu-Ray (2010), though it was released on laser disc in Japan in the 1990s; footage from that doc does appear in the various making-of featurettes.

Okay. There is one other thing is missing. This is from "The Matrix: Reloaded" DVD (two disc set), the 2003 MTV Movie Awards parody (uncensored). Why is that absent? Probably rights issues. It was cute, kinda funny.

"The Matrix" DVD was released in two different snapper cases. One was the standard black frame, the other, much harder to find was a transparent frame. I've only ran into that twice in my DVD purchases (2003 - present).

- - - - - - - - - -

Rant.

Kinda bummed that a sequel didn't happen. I enjoyed the film. Granted, I've read complaints where people were unhappy with the way the feature took liberties on the source material. Does the changes make an entertaining experience? Yes, yes it did.

Hell, there were some who were pissed by the changes/omitting a character from the "Lord Of The Rings" novels. Not going to name him, but that hobbit was written in by the author for his child, he served absolutely nothing to the story.

And would've been the next Jar-Jar Binks. It was wise to axe him.

The underground club owned by Midnite (Djimon Hounsou) reminds me a lot like the club, "Caritas" owned by Lorne (Andy Hallett) from the TV series "Angel" (spin-off from "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"). Yeah, I'm sure the television club had its inspiration from the "Constantine" comics.

Didn't see this in the theaters, saw it on home video. I remember seeing Tilda Swinton as Gabriel trying to remember where I first saw her. It bugged the hell out of me. I mistaking thought it was the 1991 movie, "If Looks Could Kill".

A Richard Grieco vehicle that bombed at the box office (it made less than 8 million), which is too bad, it was a nice popcorn flick (I have the CD soundtrack). Okay - a flunking high school student, Michael Corben (Grieco), is given a second change to graduate by accompanying a French language class to France. Things go wrong when he's mistaken for an American spy. It's all fun and games (gadgets and girls) until people start getting killed.

It also starred Gabrielle Anwar. There is a DVD-R release, an official one from the Warner Archive Collection. It's widescreen. Nope, it's not her; British government techie, not Swinton.

Should you care - there is a stinger at the end credits for "Constantine"; what became of Chas (Shia LaBeouf) after the events. It's short and fits quite well. LaBeouf did not age well, his person that is.

- - - - - - - - - -

Tangent.

The final bit of Halloween titillation for 2021.

This was something I didn't get. ??? Then became so clear, this is a sexy Jiminy Cricket costume. It totally works.

Costume is called "Charming Cricket"; velvet tail (high cut) coat with high collar, lace-up back suede corset, suede booty shorts, spats, neckershief and top hat. No shoes are included.

The shorts are all exposed from behind. Gotta have the body and boldness to wear it. Wish upon a moon, indeed. I mean 'star'. [wink] Pricey, retails for $156.95.

- - - - - - - - - -

Easter Eggs.

There are three eggs on disc two of this special edition. These are from the DVD edition. Don't know if they're on the Blu-Ray.

Co-writer Frank Cappello gives his commentary on an animatic he created.

Special Features -> highlight "The Production Of Hell" press left; highlight symbol on the goat skull - ENTER.

- - -

Stunt coordinator R.A. Rondell talks about creating the fight scene in the hydro therapy room.

Special Features -> The Production Of Hell -> highlight "Main Menu" press left; highlight crucifix - ENTER.

- - -

Actor Gavin Rossdale discusses his make-up transformation with time lapse and behind-the-scenes footage.

Special Features -> Imagining The Underworld -> highlight "Hellscape" press right; highlight symbol on the corpse's head - ENTER.

- - - - - - - - - -

Recommendations.

We are days away from Halloween, days. So I'm gonna give you two more suggestions.

"Becky" (2020)
    Becky Hooper like most tweens, hates her life. Her mom had died, a year earlier from cancer... her father, Jeff has moved on - too soon for her. His new girlfriend, his new fiancée, Kayla has a child of her own. On top of it all, she is bullied at school. Her solace comes from her dog, Diego and taking shelter in a decrepit tree house - alone with her thoughts and objects belonging to her mom. Becky's life becomes immeasurably worse. Escaped convicts; home invaders have taken over their rural house. They're looking for a key - a key that was hidden in the home years ago. Lead by the sadistic Dominick, he and his men search the place and come across the thirteen year old girl. She has among her mom's possessions, that key. How much trouble can a little girl do to harden murderers and Neo-Nazis? A lot, she has nothing to loose; a strained relationship with her dad and no connection with Kayla or her would-be brother. These men want war with her? Think of this as a dark and bloody, "Home Alone" (1990). The young girl already had issues to begin with - she will bring the WAR to them. On DVD and Blu-Ray. Did not recognize, until listed - Kevin James is the big bad. Yes that Kevin James.
    Quiver Distribution - 2020 - R

"Monster Party" (2018)
    Dodge, Iris and Casper are professional thieves. Hoping to have one final score to retire - pay off all their debts; the trio learn of an extravagant dinner party in a wealthy part of Southern California. So much to take, so much to score; they insert themselves into the shindig in Malibu. But as the night goes they come to realize the what's going on - the biggest mistake of their lives. Things become violent and quite bloody... their would be heist is actually a gathering of serial killers - not innocent guests. A long night to stay alive.
    RLJ Entertainment, Inc. - 2018 - NR

- - -

Rachel Weisz was adorable as Angela Dodson. Enjoyed her as Evelyn Carnahan from 1999's "The Mummy" remake and its sequel. Looking at some of her current pixs, she's still an attractive woman.

By the way, I have her 1996 feature "Chain Reaction" on DVD - which she also co-starred with Keanu Reeves too.

Sorry, but there is no bonus entry for this year, there were some other extras.

As you can see, none of them (from Wal-Mart) had a sticker or some indicator that they were store exclusives - which is the point of these annuals. I bought "The Mummy: Trilogy" and "Swamp Thing: The Complete Series" (not shown) for their glow-in-the-dark slipcases. I'm anal.

Come back here on November 18th, '21 for the next, a single month entry. I need time to catch-up. So only one for November. Unsure, we'll both be surprised. Till then - have a safe and spooky Halloween!

Credits
    Past Tense - Occult Gumshoe, Spear Of Destiny And Supernatural Woes Part I

You now have some basic weapons, kinda. Better than nothing. Better than just a razors.

The long extended growl ceased. The next attack is imminent. You heart quicken. What to do? The going empty extinguisher or the makeshift pepper spray, the cayenne loaded turkey baster? A bit of both. You stood there for a moment going through your head the time.

How long did this take for the beast to stop? Roughly one minute? The truck keys had to be in your hands - which ever measure taken. Blast it in the face once more. Race to the car, unlock and start it up - racing away. Screw the trailer! You lost money on this already, not going to die over it.

Not one of the smartest plans. Nope. Could very well say it was juvenile. But that's all you had - be proactive, not reactionary. The longer you wait, the shorter your life expectancy goes. You take a deep breath and make go for it!

You slam the side door open to where the animal was last seen or heard. And release what remains of the extinguisher, not really pointing at the creature as just to make a smoke/powder screen. You saw it just a second earlier, it was running towards the RV when you pulled the trigger once more. You were silent; something you proud of yourself - something you would tell your grand kids.

You ran with all your might, silently ran to the car and unlocked the door. The noise was enough for it to zero in on your location among the cloud. Boom key went into the ignition - second later it started up; foot all the way down on the peddle. You were racing in the same way you can in. The exit.

A moment later this thing was slamming on the driver's side door. Keeping speed with the truck. No time to think - just do. The window is lowed, just a bit. You can see teeth, drenched with appetite.

[squeeze]

RIGHT IN THE MOUTH.

This creature gave a scream, not a howl or a growl - a scream! It made one final effort and clawed the side. Before stopping. You could see in the damage rearview mirror it was grabbing it's face in serious pain, trying to make the cayenne discontinue. Nope, you monster, it doesn't work that way. It then ran in canine fashion to find any open water source to wash its mouth out. Good luck with that.

You had cleared the area and was no on the main road, empty sure - but clear from that beast and that's all that matters. After an hour you had returned to civilization, still hauling that busted RV tow. Stopping at a gas station you get out to inspect the damage. The truck has a gash on the side, that 'thing' was less than a foot away from going through your side door - cutting you up. Dodge a bullet right there.

The RV was totaled, it's amazing it was still attached to the car. One side was pushed in. Parts of it still showed the blood from that eviscerated bear. But the propane tanks were untouched. Could be reused? What would have happened if you had used one of these puppies on that thing? Blow it up?/. A daydream, you had no way to ignite the tanks.

Man, you have one helluva story to tell Hannah - show her the car to prove it. You look up as you go into the gas store to pay for more gas and saw it - a full moon. So was that... what you think that was? Life can be strange and quite horrible at times.

[An earlier version of this PT was originally posted on December 6th, 2012 on JoBlo's "DVD, Blu-Ray & Home Theater Discussion" forum.]

The final week of "Limited Edition Horror" 2021 has come to rest after being bludgeoned, a two parter, based on a comic book, "Constantine"...

The motion picture opened on February 18th, 2005. It was made with a budget of $100,000,000 (estimated) and grossed over 75 million during its U.S. theatrical run. It made its money back with profits when including foreign receipts, nearly 231 million total. The film opened number two at the box office, the following week it dropped to number three.

The feature opened against "Pooh's Heffalump Movie", "The Aviator", "Million Dollar Baby" and "Hitch".

The first pressing of the "2 - Disc Deluxe Edition" came with a fifty page graphic novel anthology "John Constantine: Hellblazer". It collects the comics: "The Beginning Of The End: Dangerous Habits - Part One", "The Gangster, The Whore And The Magician" and "The First Time" along with character bios; from Vertigo DC Comics, retailed for $30.99 (further down for street).

The DVD case and graphic novel came in an oversized cardboard slipcase (mirrored the wraparound) to hold both. It was also released without the comic for $29.99. Later pressings removed both the slipcase and comic. The film was also released as a single disc edition.

This set originally did not come with any inserts.

- - -

Kinda out of the norm...

A bonus not part of home video release. Best Buy had an exclusive, a preview disc. It streeted on December 7th, 2004. This came in a printed sleeve, seen above.

The DVD has a run time of 11:47 minutes, a lone featurette, "Constantine: Sneak Peek" (full screen); no menu screen - it just plays. I have since moved it into the two discs special edition, now a three disc case with that sleeve inside.

The preview disc was free... if you purchased "The Ultimate Matrix Collection", regular set ($52.99; above left) or Limited Edition ($89.99).

I found mine cheaper at Wal-Mart were I bought the regular edition. I was fortunate to have gotten that bonus, I don't remember, but I bought some DVD on sale from Best Buy and ask if I could keep the preview - the cashier said yes.

That bonus was not attached to the sets, they were in a large cardboard display; fifty copies per store as I recall. Sorry, but this predates my archive, I have no weekly ad image.

Wal-Mart sold the single disc version, side packed with the paperback novelization, this streeted on July 19th, 2005. The movie's home video release. Sorry, I do not know the price. I did not buy this set. The book is 336 pages, published by Pocket Star Books. The book is not exclusive - more like a freebie.

There was one other, but not available at any store. If you bought "Ultimate Matrix Collection" from the TV infomercial for sixty bucks (plus shipping), you would get three screenplays for each movie - I remember them looking nicely printed. Fluffy, but interesting.

- - - - - - - - - -

Footnotes.

Gotta talk about this; it's part of the main subject, "Ultimate Matrix Collection".

The Limited Edition came with a mini-Neo bust as seen above and an eighty-four page collector's book (metallic green 3D covers). It includes a reprint; the introduction written by the Wachowski Brothers. The book outlines the content of the ten disc set (same ten discs as in the regular box set) and showcases various images; production pixs, conceptual art and trivia.

You know, what would've been excellent?

Having a lenticular cover on "Ultimate", moving Matrix code, that would've been sway. Seems so obvious, a missed opportunity - instead we got green foil.

Credits
    Target - November 9th, 2021

Respect
    Exclusive packaging; BD/DVD/DC combo $24.99

Credits
    Past Tense

[An earlier version of this PT was originally posted on October 16th, 2014 on JoBlo's "DVD, Blu-Ray & Home Theater Discussion" forum.]

Yes, LEH is done, but I have this other entry - so, we're going here; a movie doing justice to a video game franchise in "Resident Evil: Degeneration"...

This CGI motion picture had a limited theatrical run on October 17th, 2008 in Japan and in Italy on December 30th, 2008. You could very well say, this movie ended up being a direct to video release, domestically at least. This was released here in the States on December 28th, 2008.

Sorry, don't know how much it took to make this talkie, but can tell you it grossed over 5 million during that short run in those two countries.

It streeted against "Eagle Eye: 2 - Disc Special Edition", "The Duchess", "Ghost Town" and "Nip/Tuck: Season Five, Part One".

This release originally came with an non-embossed foil cardboard slipcover which mirrored the wraparound. There were two inserts; 1) Ad for "Resident Evil 5" and "Resident Evil: Degeneration" video games. 2) An ad extolling the virtues of Blu-Ray.

- - -

There were three exclusives for the feature.

Best Buy sold the movie with an exclusive lithograph, only 4 per store. The set sold for $19.99 on DVD. The exclusive was not offered for Blu-Ray ($27.99), odd; though I'm sure they would've let you have it if you asked nicely. Sorry the litho picture, it was the best I could do. I don't own the item.

Man did I dropped the ball on this one. This title had a Sunday release, not Tuesday. I was sleeping-in that morning and around eleven AM it popped in my noggin'. I checked online and there it was - today (then). By the time I got to Best Buy there were all gone. I have no one to blame, but myself. I just forgot.

Bought my copy for $14.99 (without litho), I had a five dollar voucher from the store (Reward Zone member).

That day Wal-Mart had their own exclusive, a DVD/t-shirt gift set, side packed. I did not pick this up; never have been into collectible apparel, plus that tee looks incredibly mundane. Did they even try? I apologize once again, I do not know the price and can't speculate. There is nothing in my collection for a comparison.

The tee came inside a DVD size box. I can't recall if the gift set came with the slipcover.

The third came nearly two years after the fact. On August 31st, 2010, Wal-Mart offered exclusive Blu-Ray steelbooks for this title as well as "Resident Evil" (2002), "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" (2004) and "Resident Evil: Extinction" (2007).

These retailed for $14.99 each and came with a bonus (exclusive) disc, a DVD; these were identical for each BD. The discs were not one on each side within the steelbook. Both were on the right side, overlaid on top of each other.

No menu screen shot - it just plays; "Program Alice: Activated" featurette. It has a run time of 22:39 minutes (no chapters). Which is a sneak peak for then up coming "Resident Evil: Afterlife" (2010). It's also a retrospective of the past films.

Since this exclusive wasn't really related to any specific film and it DID come with "Degeneration"; I decided to move that release into a two disc case; movie with BD bonus DVD. *nods*

- - - - - - - - - -

Rant.

For the love of Buddha, the only good thing on the extras is the documentary, "The Generation Of Degeneration" and most of it isn't in English, subtitled. The rest was jaw dropping awful.

The voice bloopers was embarrassing (new crappy dialog over existing scenes), is it a cultural difference? The voice bloopers from "The Lego Move" (2014) were entertaining. There is an interview with the guy who did the motion capture for Leon Kennedy, R.C. Ormond - what was the point? The very definition of filler. It's the guy with reflective dots on a black body suit answering stupid questions. At least this had the trailers. The movie was fun, but we needed better extras. The documentary was informative.

The CGI was good (nice rendered zombies), minus one character - Senator Ron Davis (voiced by Michael Sorich).

Man, his fat looked too cartoony. I enjoyed this offering, feels like it's part of the RE universe. And the result of the consequences from Raccoon City.

Paul W.S. Anderson wrote and directed the first one, the 2002 motion picture "Resident Evil". But there were better adaptation of the games written by S.D. Perry, who is Stephani Danelle Perry, she wrote seven paperbacks based on the franchise:

"The Umbrella Conspiracy" 1998
    "Caliban Cove" 1998
    "City Of The Dead" 1999
    "Underworld" 1999
    "Nemesis" 2000
    "Code Veronica" 2001
    "Zero Hour" 2004

She took the non-linear game story and turned them into a logical sequential narrative. It works quite well. It's too bad nobody used her novels as the framework of a screenplay or hire her to work on a script, or as a collaborator. A slight sidetrack...

On the above left is the original '98 by Pocket Books (270 pages), right is the 2012 re-release published by Titan Books. I like the artwork on the first iteration, the re-pressing's cover is weak CGI. I've seen original CGI art that puts it to shame. Why does it look so generic? It feels like that offered t-shirt on a book cover.

Anyhow, the motion picture by Anderson has grown on me. It's pure fluff entertainment and not shy about the gore which I'm grateful, none of this PG-13 BS.

Oh something else from "Degeneration".

The child character of Rani (voiced by Michelle Ruff). I was pleasantly surprised they didn't go for clichés. She was there, but never obnoxious or a pain. This little kid was in the same mess with the rest of them, at the airport and acted as a child would in that situation, scared - not fake bravado. Well done.

- - - - - - - - - -

Footnotes.

"Degeneration" takes place after RE4 (a year later) and before RE5 games. And was the first feature released in the PlayStation Home Theater. Alyson Court who did the voice here for Claire Redfield has done the voice of that character for all the video games, that's sway continuity.

The voice here for Leon was done by Paul Mercier, he voiced Leon for RE4 game.

There is another CGI home video release, "Resident Evil: Damnation" (September 25th, 2012; DVD and BD). This didn't have any exclusives (nor slipcover).

It was decent enough. I would like to see another CGI production. Same with another animated entry for "Starship Troopers" franchise.

There you go, very much a meat and potatoes post.

Claire pictured, after the airport disaster from "Degeneration".

See you here on December 22nd, 2021 - another single month post. I have nothing prepared and it's a busy month. *shrugs* It's something. Have a safe and as smooth as it can, Thanksgiving; flaky relatives and booze can be a bad combo.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Update - 12/07/21...

My wish is coming true - there is another CGI sequel coming... "Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness" 'Season One' for DVD ($17.99) and BD ($30.99) on December 21st, 2021. When I heard about this, it had a January 2022 release. From Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. On my list.
    Last edited by JohnIan101; 12-07-2021 at 07:06 AM.

Credits
    Target - November 30th, 2021

Shang-Chi
    Exclusive packaging with lithograph cards; 4k BD/BD/DC combo $34.99

Credits
    Best Buy - December 7th, 2021

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
    Exclusive steelbook; 4k BD/BD/DC combo $28.99

Credits
    Target - December 14th, 2021

Venom: Let There Be Carnage
    Exclusive packaging and collectible cards; BD/DVD/DC combo $24.99