Thanks Thanks:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    PART I: THE 1968 CLASSIC - M

It's been a long stretch of silence, but not for lack of trying. This two leveled car park's entrance was sealed off when multiple cars pulled out, racing towards the exit/entrance in rapid fury. That resulted in a climax of fused metal, crushed cars - one hell of a barricade, unintentional, true. But damn solid.

You had found this place in a rather lazy day of wondering.

High enough and requires effort to climb over walls, not so much trouble for you. You were quite careful to make sure there were no zeds inside to case you found yourself in a morbid Benny Hill skit. Those two were easy enough to put down from a distance.

This was your immediate sanctuary; concrete, metal and burnt plastic.

Did your time and now are ready to move on once more. But the way is blocked by what is similar to a 1980s arcade game - new and not something you want to find out.

A single zed is your warden. A former guy who must have been dead serious about weight lifting, that's a lot of muscles for a zombie. His lower jaw and tongue are gone, throat gashed too. It's trying to moan out, but nothing is coming out, not even a gurgle.

While quite true, the fellow can't bite you, but - look at those frackin' muscles! He can open you up, even if he can't chew, it will be...

1) Very painful.

2) Might break some bones.

3) So very painful.

4) Death.

You look down at him in his bloody, tattered Camp Snoppy tee. WTF? Just add this to the ever growing list of things that don't make sense.

Each time you try to jump off or move to another part of the wall, he is there - like deja vu, ready to catch you in a death embrace.

Wait him out in hiding? Hope he goes elsewhere. You did that yesterday, come morning he was still there. Almost like staking you, eye of the tiger kind of thing.

This is getting annoying. So now, you're gonna to jump off the wall with your metal pipe in hand; the force of the blow plus your gravity too. How hard can his skull be? Right?

*long pause*

Man, this guy is buffed.

3 - 2 - 1!!!

Holy crap, you just can't escape Turd City. Like some kind of chloroform, keeps in place.

A real short entry.

This is not an official release, but a fan edit of the classic, presented as a concept video.

Interested?

Meh.

This popped on YouTube on April 20th, 2017 by Jeffool - "Ghosts Of The Living Dead".

It takes the movie and condenses it into one hour, using select tracks from Nine Inch Nails' 2008 album, "Ghosts I-IV".

Don't ask which ones, I don't know and I don't own this CD set (two discs; 36 tracks). That album isn't songs but Dark Ambient offerings.

How's the image?

You're not gonna be impressed, this is from a non-remastered, public domain print. This concept video removes all the dialog and sound effects. I didn't bother doing any image work on these. What's the point?

Okay - in short, the video is watchable and in high def, 720p.

I'd occasionally pestered a musician friend of mine to score a public domain film because I thought he could do something cool with it. I even looked up a few options for him. But he just wasn't into the options for the time it would take, so I thought I'd do it with some music that was legal to use.

Fanedits are usually difficult to share due to copyright issues, but using a public domain film and Nine Inch Nails' Creative Commons release "Ghosts", as long as there's no charging for it, it's completely legal to distribute this. So I thought, it's October, why not throw up a link to my zombie film for anyone looking for "background viewing" material while they browse the web?
    - Jeffool (quote from October 20th, 2017, Reddit)

Anyhow, it's something different to watch this Halloween.

Go to YouTube, type in "Ghosts Of The Living Dead - A Night Of The Living Dead Fanedit Scored With Nine Inch Nails' Ghosts" in search. Or if you know how, "tVdh8a_Dk4s". It's still there (as of writing), checked.

Just a reminder - a great fan edit is "Dawn Of The Dead: Extended Mall Hours", 139 minute version which combined the Dario Argento ("Zombi") and Cannes Film Festival cuts (theatrical was edited from the Cannes version) of the 1978 feature.

A Halloween favorite of mine, much richer with greater characterization and of course more gore. Also on YouTube and on bootleg DVD (DVD-R). Man I still need to find that.

- - - - - - - - - -

Tangent.

On October 25th, 2017; George A. Romero will get his star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. Good. Too bad he isn't alive to have seen it. Romero is on the far right, above.
    Last edited by JohnIan101; 03-27-2019 at 03:16 AM.