Thanks Thanks:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    PART II: THE REMAKES - C P1

You run.

Running faster than you have in your entire life. Up until now, you never had a reason to do so. But as much dust as your feet kick up, giving evidence of your flight - you are still being pursued. They; the undead, have no need for sleep or rest or develop leg cramps - ever persistent, patient and oh so hungry. Hungry. HUNGRY. Expensive name brand name sneakers or generics won't matter much now; how far can you go before YOU falter?

This entry covers a prequel to a film previously mentioned in PART II: THE REMAKES - B, "Night Of The Living Dead 3D" (2006). I've place it here (this category) since it sort of fits.

"Night Of The Living Dead: Re-Animation" did not have a theatrical run, though it did have a premiere on January 15th, 2012 at the L.A. 3D Club, obviously in Los Angeles.

I have searched, can't find it, can not find a budget for this movie. I'm puzzled.

It was released on home video on October 16th, 2012 from Screen Media (UPC# 8 14838 01270 4) for $24.98.

The DVD streeted against "That's My Boy", "Chernobyl Diaries" and "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted". It contained both the 2D and 3D versions. Presentation in anaglyph 3D; the release came with one pair of red/cyan glasses.

There is no insert/booklet nor slipcover. The DVD has ten chapters.

The motion picture is eighty-eight minutes long.

- - -

Extras:

* "Night Of The Living Dead: Re-Animation - Behind The Scenes" featurette (anamorphic, 13:44 minutes)
    * "Night Of The Living Dead: Re-Animation - Producing Visual Effects In 3D" featurette (anamorphic, 5:12 minutes)
    * "Night Of The Living Dead: Re-Animation - Outtakes" (anamorphic, 3:32 minutes)
    * Home Video Ads: "Below Zero" (anamorphic, 2011) and "FDR: American Badass!" (anamorphic, 2012)
    * Web Ad: www.popcornflix.com (anamorphic, 2012)

- - -

Audio:

* Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround

- - -

NOTES/REVIEW

There are no subtitles

The DVD is not dubbed in any language(s).

The movie is presented in anamorphic widescreen; both 2D and 3D on the same side. The extras are identical, but for the 3D version option, the extras as shown in 3D (minus home video and web ads).

The United Kingdom release (August 20th, 2012, £9.46 from 101 Films) has an additional extra; commentary with director/producer/co-writer Jeff Broadstreet, star Sarah Lieving and stereographer Andrew Parke. It's too bad this wasn't included on the region 1 release or have the commentary available as a downloadable podcast from their website. Oh and the U.K. release came with two pairs of 3D glasses. Joy.

This was a hard to find at retailers title - nobody had it. I was expecting Wal-Mart to have it in store, nope. I ended up buying this from Amazon. Got a good deal on it, new.

Was this movie needed? No, not really. Was it horrible? No, not really. Was it good? No, not really. This is a middle ground feature film. It's okay, but not much else. You got an afternoon with nothing to do, this could make a nice time waster. It's filler and doesn't rise above it. Which is okay, I guess. It could've been a whole lot worse.

Once again Jeff Broadstreet returns from the '06 remake to direct and produce this direct to video sequel as does Robert Valding who penned that remake. The film takes place the day before the events of the 2006 movie, when the outbreak was still contained.

I have a major pet peeve with connecting movies (sequels/prequels), one word - "continuity". And this flick really failed on that. Now I understand that star wouldn't be coming back and his role needs to be recast, that sucks, but I acknowledge it. The thing is try to get someone to look like the missing actor...

The role of Gerald Tovar, Jr. "Junior" was originally played by actor Sid Haig (above left).

The character was recast, now with Andrew Divoff as the perpetrator.

Divoff looks NOTHING like Haig.

That's a part of the problem, the other is mannerisms. Haig's Junior was somewhat indecisive and nervous. While Divoff plays the part with much confidence and planning. Haig's Junior was winging it. And that took me out of the movie.

They're not the same man or an extension. Yes, it's nitpicking, but it's a legitimate gripe. Well, that and Junior in the oven room, near the end - his never needing to reload, magic shotgun.

I guess morticians have access to special weaponry, you know... because of their occupation.

Our main protagonist her is Cristie Forrest (Sarah Lieving) who just began her job at the mortuary. Much like Barbara 'Barb' (Brianna Brown) from the remake (above right), Cristie is a strong willed and an intelligent woman.

She made a good heroine, that part I liked. I cared.

I guess there is a second antagonist, but not so much - an antagonist to his brother, but not the overall story.

Jeffrey Combs (of "Re-Animator" [1985] fame) plays Junior's sibling, Harold. His brother has fallen on hard times and is trying to get or scam money from his elder kin. When he finds out about the dead rising, he's trying to make the situation into a money making scheme.

I did like the question Harold asked; 'are they slow for fast moving?' His plan never gets off the ground. By the way, the original subtitle for this movie was "Resurrection".

Robin Sydney plays the goth chick, DyeAnne. She's a mortician working for Junior or rather was. She over-painted (face) on a client's departed loved one, her third strike. Cristie is DyeAnne's replacement. She must now familiarize the new girl with the mortuary.
    Last edited by JohnIan101; 06-17-2017 at 05:30 AM.