Can't stop him - even in death.

The late George A. Romero has one more film coming later this year.

This slipped passed me until earlier tonight. Too good to be true - so I did some looking.

Not fiction.

And it's not a reboot or sequel to the reboot films (which I kinda want for "Diary Of The Dead" [2008]; additional RV adventures).

A sequel to the last franchise feature.

"Road Of The Dead" was written by Romero and Matt Birman. At the time, he knew he was getting up there, age wise and opted not to direct; giving the big chair to Birman.

Should be noted that he was second unit director on "Land Of The Dead" (2005), "Diary Of The Dead" and "Survival Of The Dead" (2009).

This is good choice. Gets better...

Special make-up master Greg Nicotero has signed on. Still from behind-the-scenes on "Land".

The movie will be co-produced by Birman and Matt Manjourides with Justin Martell.

In the darkest days of the zombie apocalypse, the last safe place on earth is anything but, as a mad despot uses the spectacle of high octane carnage to keep control of his populous.
- official synopsis

"Road" takes place six years after the events in "Land".

Thinks Roman coliseum with cars and ghouls; taking inspirations from "Ben-Hur" (1959). Like with "Survival" it is set on an island, not in Pennsylvania or Florida.

As I understand no actors have been named.

I am wonder if Simon Baker appears here - reprising Riley Denbo from "Land" since we last saw him taking Dead Reckoning; also actor Robert Joy as Charlie. Would also be great to have Asia Argento reprising Slack.

This is now on my radar. I'll keep you posted.