Thanks Thanks:  126

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

SteelBook Ordering

OK, here's my take on SteelBook ordering.

The best way is not quantity, if you place 2 orders of qty 4 SteelBooks you are pretty much guaranteed to get damaged goods. Free shipping is no longer an issue since most SteelBooks are over $35 anyway.

Odds are you will get 4 from the same batch or box, so if the the warehouse guy spine slashed that box, you're more than likely to get 4 with the slash.

Secondly, any order of multiple SteelBooks in the same shipment is just asking for trouble, because they will hit each other during transit dramatically increasing the chances of damage. It's bad enough that the warehouse manhandles them to begin with, putting 4 SteelBooks in a single box with a piece of paper filler is simply begging for damaged goods.

IMO, put the odds in your favour, order a single copy and wait about 15 to 30 minutes, then place a second single order. The reason for the wait is to make sure that it won't be shipped in the same box if someone in shipping is actually vigilant and doing their job.

Obviously, this will not correct the "Disney" Clamp mark, but otherwise you increased your chances in getting a pretty mint copy at no extra charge.

Last edited by jacques1400; 09-11-2019 at 10:00 PM.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.