Thanks Thanks:  126

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Not to beat a dead horse, but I order from Europe and of course the US in fairly large quantities monthly.

For US orders, it's shipped from the store via USPS media mail to my stocking location, then repackaged into a large prepaid USPS Express box and forwarded on to me. I can count on one hand the amount of damaged SteelBooks I receive in a year.
    I'm not counting Target orders which are very minimal, and pretty much guaranteed to be destroyed by the time they reach my stocking location anyway.

UK to me directly (across the pond, 2 carriers):

Mississauga to me from BB (50K away, one carrier):

Draw your own conclusions.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Correct me if I am wrong but after Future Shop closed and Best Buy Canada took over the sale of steenbooks I recall our orders being sent in these sturdy cardboard envelops.

That was before they switched to these useless bubble wrap envelopes which really makes no sense; but I will say that the Best Buy USA has sent steelbook shipments in these envelops and came in good condition so what gives.

Credits

It amazes me how clueless Best Buy Canada is, this is not a new problem that suddenly started out of the blue (pun intended.) It just got worse with time and is now a standard to receive damaged goods in a nice cardboard box.

I said it many a times, I can live with a spine slash if I have to, but I'm not purchasing 4 SteelBooks in order to stand a chance of getting a relatively undamaged unit, that's insanity!!!!

Do the math, just the new MCU releases of 5 SteelBooks, that's 20 SteelBooks on order with a cash value of just over $1000..... and no guarantee of a mint copy, that's LUDICROUS.

Now they're issuing vouchers because they can't fill orders, I seriously doubt that they're issuing $50 vouchers as stated considering the item is only $40 or $45 excluding taxes, but probably their $10 or $20 usual fare.

Being privileged since I can purchase from the US, I just feel bad for Canadian collectors who do not have the same luxury, their only option is hoarders and that sucks.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.