Thanks Thanks:  126

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    @CGKid91 @jacques1400

You both bring up good points; I am at a loss also but for me it seems to be a Disney thing because I still see Shazam up for online preorders and it is sold out. All I can say if you got your order in be glad; because it seems DC Extended Universe, Marvel Cinematic Universe and Walt Disney Movies get sold out quite fast.

Credits

@Scotty_Whispers

I strictly use PayPal with Best Buy CA and never had an issue, but I did get something weird with the Halloween and Avengers orders prior to the shipping day.
    For some weird reason I received a second set of PayPal authorization messages "You submitted an order in the amount of $xx.xx CAD to Best Buy" for those orders.
    I knew I had not placed any new order, so I checked my PayPal account and it said something to the respect that these were just temporary authorizations on prior purchases to ensure that my purchase went through.

I ran into this with Zavvi over the summer, who also have extra long pre-order dates. I received a notice that my method of payment (PayPal) had been declined and to review my payment method. I simply re-processed the payment and issue resolved.

I know that PayPal authorizations lapse if not taken within a certain timeframe, my guess is that the Best Buy pre-orders were made available too early and that was the end result.

In my case they simply worked directly with PayPal to get an extension I guess, but either way they should have notified you that your payment method had been declined.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.