Thanks Thanks:  126

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    Well again I have to give it up to Best Buy USA; I had to take my parent to a luncheon in Detroit and while they were I went to the nearest Best Buy in the area. I was fortunate to obtain one of two copies they had available of the Jungle Book 2016 4K steelbook; while other stores had more copies this store was a short distance away from me. While there I asked about the Malifient Mistress of Evil steelbook and the young lady who helped me stated that after looking on her computer and seeing there is nothing in their warehouse there is probably no chance of them getting any new stock. Which really sucks after seeing how much back stock they have of other titles like the Pixar, Disney and Marvel 4K rereleases. At any rate I am considering breaking down and shopping on ebay which I have not done before and very unfamiliar with; but from what I can see it looks everything is through pay pal even if you have a credit card. Could someone explain how that works; that would greatly appreciated.

Credits

It's been like that for a quite a while, pre-Covid I might add. My local Best Buy only had 1/4 of an aisle of strategically placed junk, with some new releases mixed in.
    Walmart also scaled down to a middle aisle display unit featuring New Releases, that's about it.

As I always said, physical media will never die, but the strategy is shifting towards Boutique Labels & Specialized Retailers rather than Mass Retail.
    The US is different, they have the population to support sales, but in Canada, leaving aside the archaic rules of bilingual packaging because of the second largest province requiring it, there's not enough volume to justify the aggravation anyway.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.