@CGKid91

First for me, my last shipments came from Mississauga.

I would definitely take this with a grain of salt, many times information passed on to stores is not entirely factual.
If it is accurate, that opens up a whole new can of worms since it's wrong on so many levels.

The last outfit that was shipping from stores was HMV Canada (shipping from their Yonge street store) as a last ditch effort, and we all know how that turned out. Would I be comfortable having the "Geek Squad" packing my shipments? HELLLLLLL NO.

If the information is accurate:

Obviously they are reducing or eliminating the warehouse & logistics in favour of drop shipping from manufacturers which is a retail trend these days, not a good sign.

Re-assigning an online order for fulfillment by integrating customer orders with store replenishment is a recipe for disaster, unless each order is pre-packaged which would defeat the purpose anyway. Any other way would require to fully assign stock to stores, with low volume stores getting less in favour of the major centres receiving the bulk.
In other words, good luck getting one if you live outside major cities.

If stores start shipping orders, then they would be issued directives and processes to follow, it would not be discretionary to individual stores and subject to customer preferences anyway.

I'm fairly certain that whomever this lady was probably had some miscommunication about some coming changes, but this is Best Buy Canada, anything is possible......