Thanks You @jacques1400 yes, when I asked the saleswoman about having my online order sent to the store instead of the US residential address I used to use she said I could but I would have to pick it up within eight days which sounds great. Unfortunately, seeing how unpredictable things are with me getting to the USA I would hate to order it and not being able to show up to pick it up; but that my maladjustment and will have deal with on my own.

I think I was more curious as to why something like Disney steelbooks which I had no problem purchasing in the past they seem to be selling like hot cakes in the store now. For example when I had the issues with my Dumbo 2019 steelbook and they canceled my Best Buy Canadian order I was able to purchase a new one and that was a month later and the store still had four steelbooks left.

The border crossing incident is something I am familiar with because I used to work there also; for that matter bringing things over from Best Buy, Miejers, Target and various clothing and grocery stores was something I did quite often. A few times a was able to slide through the border without incident and/or questions, while a few time they would question me and there were times I would get pulled over for items less than $80 and search the car then have go on my way this after and I was coming home from work. Your explanation make sense @jacques1400 but at the time it just seemed bizarre or maybe I am paranoid because to ask me if it was for myself or if I was selling them. Again @jacques1400 thank you for you explanation and help; I think I am just tired of things not falling into place for me like they used to with steelbook purchases.