Thanks Thanks:  126

Thread: Best Buy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

What's the Deal?

Not sure what's going on here, but it's pretty obvious Best Buy, for the most part, gave up on SteelBook Exclusives a while back, we all know that.
    The weird part is that Sunrise/FYE is actually also offering many of the so called "Best Buy Exclusives" on their Site.

Agreed, The mission: Impossible wave was limited to Best Buy, but it was not an exclusive to start with, simply nobody else cared about carrying it in Canada.

Shazam!, Super Mario Brothers, & The Flash have placeholders on Sunrise/FYE.

Is Sunrise/FYE getting ready to take over some Best Buy assets in Canada? After all, that's what they do, they purchase bits and pieces from failing companies, Bed Bath & Beyond, David's Tea, and of course FYE and HMV.

Pure speculation, but anyone who's watched the movie "Wall Street" knows what I'm talking about. American Retailers are leaving Canada for various reasons, but mostly, doing business here is not a walk in the park in profit making.
    Best Buy gave up on Mexico, why not give up on Canada as well, it's not like they carry much anyway, half the stuff they have are from resellers.

I know some of you guy's work at Sunrise/FYE, any talks/thoughts?

Last edited by jacques1400; 07-27-2023 at 06:21 PM.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.