Thanks Thanks:  126

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    Sadly, I just received my defective Dumbo 2019 steelbook in the mail today in the oversized box. Unfortunately the upper clamps of the steelbook is broken will not seal and/or close shut. The worst part about there is no replacements at Best Buy Canada so I can either just return it and have nothing or do not return it get stuck with a defective copy. I am impressed with this ; I have no idea what is going on but this is happening way to often now and unfortunately customer service is just plain useless.

EDIT: Just read on hidefninja.com that many got emails from Best Buy saying they are unable to fulfill many of the the orders due to a lack of inventory; but a $50 voucher for compensation I guess I should be happy I got a damaged copy.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 06-25-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Credits

The Disney re-issues in 4K, Cars, Nemo, Dory, etc...

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

Black Panther is still available online for purchase, to my understanding you should be able to have it shipped to the store in Detroit and simply pick-it up.
    Terminator is a retail wide release, it's obviously not something hoarders would start emptying the shelves for.
    Finally, the reason the customs agent asked you if it was for yourself or to sell them was probably a catch:

Personal gives you an exemption of up to $200 after 24Hrs., yes, maybe you were not there for 24Hrs but it's not worth the paperwork for low value items.

If you would have said "to sell", that makes it a commercial shipment, and that's a totally different ball game. Commercial shipments need to go through a "Commercial Border" and they only process paperwork during business hours. That's the last place you want to end up, so might as well leave the SteelBooks at the border and take a loss.

Been through it for work, and even though I had all the necessary paperwork for the items, got denied entry at "Thousand Islands" because they were not a commercial point of entry, had to drive on the NY side to "Lacolle", leave the shipment there to be processed since it was after hours, and pick it up the next day once processed. Not a lot of fun.

Credits

These threads were meant to help out the legacy Best Buy forum users once they shut it down. Obviously Best Buy simply cares about selling Phones and Appliances now.
    One of the reasons I don't even list them on retail wide releases any longer.

I'll start an "International" thread, that way it can be used for us unlucky Canadians who don't have much left in Collectable Packaging.