Thanks Thanks:  126

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    I knew I should have went to CINEMA 1 but I just received my Code Geass- Lelouch of the Re;surrection Steelbook and unfortunately it came in a bubble envelope and the steelbook is damaged and will not stay closed. This is the main reason I waited before I start congratulating Best Buy Canada; too inconsistent.

Credits

Don't expect much from Best Buy, they pulled out of Mexico last year, which had more stores than Canada, and higher sales expectations.

They're focus is to rebuild the American market to pre-covid levels by cutting back, and I quote "Best Buy’s examination of its business model is to advance strategic efforts and review of areas that could be scaled back."

The distribution rights are by country, and we don't have many distributors left, so obviously they no longer have the purchase power they once had, because stock allocation is based on sales.

They're shedding some of their Best Buy mobiles stores here BTW, let's see what happens during the recession.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Don't expect much from Best Buy, they pulled out of Mexico last year, which had more stores than Canada, and higher sales expectations.

They're focus is to rebuild the American market to pre-covid levels by cutting back, and I quote "Best Buy’s examination of its business model is to advance strategic efforts and review of areas that could be scaled back."

The distribution rights are by country, and we don't have many distributors left, so obviously they no longer have the purchase power they once had, because stock allocation is based on sales.

They're shedding some of their Best Buy mobiles stores here BTW, let's see what happens during the recession.

I think pretty soon many Canadians and the country of Canada as a whole is going to regret letting Canadian owned franchises like the Future Shop and Zellers (I know it coming back as a e-commerce site and as an “in-store experience” in select Hudson’s Bay stores). Get bought out by American franchises then get closed up when the going get tough. I do not think smaller boutique blu ray store will be able to get the rights to Disney steelbook but I could be wrong.