Thanks Thanks:  126

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    So after inspection of my 8 Aladdin’s (4 on each order) noticed a spine slash, one with paint line on spine missing, one dent on front bottom some with ripped plastic which looks like scratches. I opened one to notice the Disney dent which was hard to see on black with plastic wrap. I tore on the back of 3 where the Disney dent would be and 2 didn’t have one and 1 did. The 2 that didn’t have one, 1 was the spine slash and the other was iffy on. This is just such a pain. At least Aladdin is debossed (I think that’s what when the title is indented correct?)

Credits

Even though I can't comment on your specific titles, I have noticed that an unusual amount of New Releases are simply added for Pre-Order with Limited Inventory. Once sold-out, the placeholder is simply removed from the Customer Website like it was never available.

These days, retail inventory issues are everywhere because of the Pandemic, but I had noticed the Best Buy trend prior to March.

My guess? Just like the "Planograms" they use for product placement, I'm fairly certain the same principle is used to determine stock quantities for Canada. If by chance the stock is depleted from pre-orders, then it's gone for good.
    In short, not seeing an item listed does not guarantee it was never sold at some point, but that's just my own conclusion.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Thanks @jacques1400,

I think just for me I found it strange; this is just my maladjustment but I guess am used to seeing steelbook inventory disappear. But I am not used to regular blurays selling out. Fortunately, (knock on wood) I guess I can go to Sunrise Records and/or CINEMA 1 to pick up one in the store.