Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    I have no idea what is going on with Best Buy Canada but they seem to be getting allot of old Future Shop steelbook titles like Clear and Present Danger, World War Z and Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit. In addition to a title that I have only seen only listed at Best Buy US like King Kong 2005 4K (Steelbook).

Credits
    Hey @jacques1400 I just wanted to give you a heads up seeing how there is has been no official word or listing I just placed this here; but I just wanted to inform people according to information from other sites it sounds like the Bluray for the movie Raya and the Last Dragon will have a release date of May 18, 2021 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) there is no price. So I would just suggest people keep there eyes open on the Best Buy CAN seeing how they seem to have steelbook preorders a month in advance. Again I just hope Best Buy Canada will get its act together for this steelbook; because the steelbook for Pixar's SOUL sold out in less than a 6hrs at Best Buy Canada the day it was listed for online preorder. I get the impression we will see an online preorder in Canada soon hopefully and there is enough online supply so orders don't get canceled.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 04-11-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Credits
    Hey @jacques1400 I just wanted to give you a heads up seeing how there is has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site yet so I just placed this here; but I just wanted to inform people according to information from other sites it sounds like the Bluray for the movie Cruella (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) will have a release date of Sept 21, 2021 there is no price. Again I would just suggest people keep there eyes open on the Best Buy CAN site seeing how they seem to have steelbook preorders a month in advance similar to PIXAR'S LUCA. So I would estimate August 16-20, 2021 we may see something official here.

Credits
    Hey everybody again I just wanted to give everybody a heads up seeing at this time seeing there is has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site at this time; I just placed this here. But I just wanted to inform people according to information from other sites it sounds like the movie Black Widow (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) will have a release date of Sept 14, 2021 there is no price and no purchase link at this time for the US Best Buy at this time. But, again I would just suggest people keep there eyes open on the Best Buy CAN site seeing how they seem to have steelbook preorders a month and/or less in advance similar to the Cruella, Justice League-Snyder Cut and the F9 - The Fast Saga (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook). Also seeing how BBYCAN showing its incompetence and is not listing them as "SteelBook" or "Exclusives," it is going to be a little more difficult seeing you have to search for each individual title expected to be released.

EDIT: I do have to make a correction concerning the Justice League-Snyder Cut and the F9 - The Fast Saga (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook)[/B]. That as of this time they are now listed under the "SteelBook" but when they were first announced on 08-13-2021 and 08-14-2021 they were not. Just keep your eyes open at any rate.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 08-16-2021 at 04:34 PM. Reason: make correction

Credits
    Hi everybody I just wanted to give everybody a heads up again seeing seeing there is has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site as of this moment; I just decided to placed this comment here. I just wanted to inform people according to information from other sites it sounds like the movie Venom: Let There Be Carnage (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) will be released in December. But I am getting conflicting dates for an actual blu-ray release with comments ranging from "dates not announced" down to release dates ranging from December 14, 2021 to December 20th. There is no price and no purchase link for the US Best Buy at this time. But, again I would just suggest people keep your eyes open on the Best Buy CAN site seeing how they seem to be making it more difficult to see new steelbooks.

Credits
    Here is another heads up on another Disney/Marvel title while it has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site as of this moment; I just decided to placed this comment here to inform people again to keep your eyes open on the Best Buy CAN site. According to information from other sites it sounds like Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings debuts on all major digital platforms on November 12 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on November 30.

Credits
    Hey everybody again I just wanted to give everybody a heads up seeing at this time seeing there is has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site at this time and I do not want to confuse people so I just placed this here. But I just wanted to inform everybody according to information from other sites it sounds like the movie Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) will have a release date of November 30, 2021 there is no price and no purchase link at this time for the US Best Buy at this time. But seeing from past experience we should see one hear in Canada very soon.

Credits
    Hey everybody again I just wanted to give everybody a heads up seeing at this time; there is has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site at this time and I do not want to confuse people so I just placed this here. But I just wanted to inform everybody according to information from other sites it sounds like there is an unofficial Best Buy Exclusive USA listing for a 4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook of the movie PIXAR movie Turning Red . At this time the release date, purchase link and the price are TBA but for anybody that is interested this is a just an alert to keep your heads up for an Best Buy CAN announcement.

Credits
    I just wanted to give everybody a heads up seeing at this time; as usual there is has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site at this time and again I do not want to confuse people so I placed this comment here. But I just wanted to inform everybody according to information from another site it sounds like there is an unofficial Best Buy Exclusive USA listing for a 4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook of the movie Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore. At this time the release date, purchase link and the price are TBA but for anybody that is interested this is a just an alert to keep your heads up for a Best Buy CAN and/or USA announcement.

Credits
    I'll definitely be interested in the Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore release but more importantly I'm looking forward to possibly hearing something... ANYTHING about the Release of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness being released as a SteelBook option. That is one release I definitely don't want to miss out on...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Whispers View Post
    I'll definitely be interested in the Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore release but more importantly I'm looking forward to possibly hearing something... ANYTHING about the Release of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness being released as a SteelBook option. That is one release I definitely don't want to miss out on...
    The Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore 4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook is available for online preorder at Best Buy USA with a
    release date of June 28, 2022 and costs $34.99 US dollars

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/fantast...?skuId=6506788

As for the release of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Black release. Seeing how Black Widow took about two months to come to Bluray, while Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings took just short of three months. We’re probably looking at something similar to the latter for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, so we’re looking at around the end of July or start of August. If we had to put a date, we’re saying either July 26 or Aug. 2. Just keep your eyes open for both of them.

Credits

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 4K UHD SteelBook

It has been posted online what the Best Buy exclusive Steelbook for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will look like arriving on both 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and DVD July 26... Digital drops June 22nd...

I would suspect we should be seeing a pre-order link very shortly... I mean it would be nice lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Doctor-Strange-2-Steelbook-Best-Buy-Set-Exclusive.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	22197

Credits
    I guess when it comes to Disney movie (Marvel, PIXAR, Disney movie and Star Wars) steelbooks we are going back to either feast or famine. I am also worried about the future Disney steelbook releases at BBCAN. Hopefully this is a one time thing this year and we are able to get future titles like Lightyear and Thor: Love and Thunder just to name a few.

Credits

If Best Buy Canada stops the Disney exclusives, then there's really not much left apart from WB.
    Even their DC Animated series is not getting any releases here, and the few that do are 2K only, while Best Buy US is getting 4K Exclusives.

Paramount, Sony, and boutique labels in the likes of Arrow, Shout!, Kino, Synapse are generally Retail Wide.
    Lionsgate, RLJ don't bother with Canada for a while now, and many of their standard releases don't even make it here either, apart from some DVD only editions.

On the other hand, Best Buy US cranks out twice as many SteelBooks in a month than we get in a year.

For SteelBook collectors in Canada, this doesn't leave many options other than Zavvi and Resellers.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Has anyone been in the a BB store recently? What was, a few years back, 4 isles of BRD/DVD's, reduced to one intermittent isle, has now become a standalone shelf in the middle of a walkway in my local store.

Physical media is all but dead at BB.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast