Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Halloween SteelBook

Did anyone receive their copy from Best Buy Canada yet? Told it came in a bubble mailer again, like my dented copies of Mission: Impossible - Fallout that I raised hell over with Customer Service. Hoping this isn't the case, but does anyone know why they are suddenly not shipping in boxes anymore? Were the massive amount of complaints not enough to steer them clear of pulling these shenanigans again?
    Last edited by jacques1400; 01-14-2019 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added Post Title, my bad

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachuforever View Post
    Did anyone receive their copy from Best Buy Canada yet? Told it came in a bubble mailer again, like my dented copies of Mission: Impossible - Fallout that I raised hell over with Customer Service. Hoping this isn't the case, but does anyone know why they are suddenly not shipping in boxes anymore? Were the massive amount of complaints not enough to steer them clear of pulling these shenanigans again?
    Receive what copy from Bestbuy? My Venom came in bubble mailer, my MI came in a box I believe. I order 4 but I think they are just getting really lazy. Always have to have extras with this joke of a company. My next one is Bohemian Rhapsody so this better come in a box.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    Receive what copy from Bestbuy? My Venom came in bubble mailer, my MI came in a box I believe. I order 4 but I think they are just getting really lazy. Always have to have extras with this joke of a company. My next one is Bohemian Rhapsody so this better come in a box.
    My copy of Venom came in a box, and Halloween arrived today in the bubble mailer. Thankfully, both are in good condition.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom71 View Post
    My copy of Venom came in a box, and Halloween arrived today in the bubble mailer. Thankfully, both are in good condition.
    I have to admit lately I haven’t had dented ones with bubble mailers (knock on wood) but did in the past when we were all bitching about it in the Bestbuy forums

Credits

Anyone having issues with the new website?

1. Clear your browser's cache (history), re-launch the browser
    2. Update your browser to the latest level, and try again.
    3. Choose a different browser to eliminate compatibility issues.

Using Firefox I could not add to basket, tried Chrome and everything worked like a charm.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    I originally posted in the Halloween thread, and it was moved here. So I was inquiring about Halloween.

Everything I ordered all year came in boxes (I usually get 3 per order). But Fallout came in a bubble mailer and was dented to high heaven, and Halloween was shipped in a bubble mailer too. Haven't opened to check and see what it looks like yet. Hoping the extra dents on Fallout were because of the strike.

I just hate that the only real solution at this point is to outright just stop buying them. They're expensive enough already, but if they're coming damaged, then what's the point?

Credits

@Cull Obsidian

Thanks for the heads up, but I'll order from Best Buy US instead, I'm sick and tired of wasting my time and money with Best Buy Canada.
    It might cost me a premium, but at least the odds of getting a perfect SteelBook are in my favour.

Credits
    Anytime @jacques1400,

I can understand how you feel about wasting your time and money with Best Buy Canada. Before I placed this notice BBYC placed more copies of Dumbo for online preorder so I returned my damaged copy to the store and asked the clerk to reorder a new one (at this time it is sold out). That was a fiasco because I guess their internet went out and they could not order a new one and when it came back on the customer service clerk said it was no longer there and just handed me a store credit card for the amount of the steelbook. Came back home and those little voices I sometime hear told me to look on the web which showed it was still there for online orders; so I ordered my copy it went through and called the customer service number to inform them about my store's incompetence, they apologized and are going to look into the situation.

But for my part I sometime I am as sharp as a spoon and should have just made a new online order and once it went through take the damaged one back but who knew I was going to have so much problem.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachuforever View Post
    I did not order Halloween steelbook; but from my last few orders like Venom they came in a box with bubble wrap. Better indication when future steelbook orders come in as to what they are doing concerning packaging.

Credits

@Wavey Dave

In that case, at least they're consistent in offering sub-par across all the platforms....

Credits
    Was there an easier way to look them up beyond just typing in "steelbook" in the search bar? That's how I always found them (the only one I never found that way was The Predator steel from December), and that did not seem to change with this update. I always filter to Best Buy Only as well when I'm looking and do not have any issues.

Credits

Cull Obsidian

I don't see why you would need to drive to the States for nothing, all you need to do is purchase a copy online if you have an account and either have it delivered to the store of your choice, or if you check online it will show you stock anyway.
    If your store location has a copy, simply purchase it and select pickup at store.

BB US is different than Canada, they don't reserve, you purchase the item and it's held for you, if after so many days you don't pick it up, it's put back in stock and you get a refund.

I've done this many times when availability is "Store Pickup Only"

Credits

@pikachuforever

I'll be honest with you, it doesn't matter if it's shipped in a mailer or a box.

I'm swaying towards their logistics or warehouse handling, but the odds of the Toronto Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup are better than getting a visibly undamaged SteelBook, no matter boxed or not.

They've been switching back and forth since the fall, and whichever warehouse in Ontario is handling orders for my area is pretty much shipping damaged goods 8 out of 10 times.

Contacting CS doesn't help either, you get the usual canned responses and maybe a discount offer, but nothing changes. I even tried their social platforms without any success.

Sorry, Thank You for shopping Best Buy!!!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

@pikachuforever

I'll be honest with you, it doesn't matter if it's shipped in a mailer or a box.

I'm swaying towards their logistics or warehouse handling, but the odds of the Toronto Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup are better than getting a visibly undamaged SteelBook, no matter boxed or not.

They've been switching back and forth since the fall, and whichever warehouse in Ontario is handling orders for my area is pretty much shipping damaged goods 8 out of 10 times.

Contacting CS doesn't help either, you get the usual canned responses and maybe a discount offer, but nothing changes. I even tried their social platforms without any success.

Sorry, Thank You for shopping Best Buy!!!!!

Is there another Ontario warehouse besides Brampton one? As far as I can recall there’s only Brampton, Ontario & Richmond, BC.

Credits

Not sure, things change a lot in a couple years or so.

I'm not even sure why they would even have a warehouse, like most large retailers, the trend is have the manufacturer drop ship directly, and the size of their 3Rd. party re-seller base way exceeds what they sell directly, without any other involvement than taking a cut for posting the item & handling the transaction.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast