Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    @leprekon

The new site has PMS full time, I'm not even sure that they actually know what they're doing anymore.
    Someone should call the Geek Squad to fix it!!!!!

https://www.movie-list.com/forum/sho...212#post242212

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    Bestbuy pays attention, they know what they are doing. It’s like Pinky & The Brain, "Gee Brain, what are we gonna do tonight?" Brain: "The same thing we do every night, mess with Steelbook consumers!
    Yup, that pretty much sum things up at Best Buy Canada and Steelbooks at this time.

Credits

Sorry to hear that, but you probably would have received damaged goods anyway.

So much for the $50 voucher that was mentioned at some point, they're even getting cheap on the "Sorry" vouchers.
    They used to be at least $10.....

As for the pre-orders, I wouldn't get concerned with the wording, first off there's always cancellations and orders that get denied due to payment method difficulties.
    The only time to get concerned is ordering on, or after the release date. On hand inventory changes pretty rapidly due to replacements of damaged goods and last minute buyers.

Credits
    One thing @jacques1400 I find funny is of all the Disney/Marvel steelbooks we can't find in store or online replacements for they still have copies of the Captain Marvel steelbook available. Maybe because of its lackluster box office performance.

Credits

Keep in mind that the stores are the ones getting the damaged ones back, so they might have stock on the shelves, but I'm pretty sure that with a close inspection you'll find that quite a few are damaged returns.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    One thing @jacques1400 I find funny is of all the Disney/Marvel steelbooks we can't find in store or online replacements for they still have copies of the Captain Marvel steelbook available. Maybe because of its lackluster box office performance.
    Captain Marvel outgrossed all the MCU movies except for the 4 Avengers films and Black Panther domestically, and also made $1.1-billion at the box office (putting it behind those same 5 films and within sneezing distance of Iron Man 3 and Civil War). That's a far cry from lackluster.

It just wasn't well received by the typical Marvel fanboys, as can be seen by the consistent whining on Twitter and YouTube about the character that continues to this day. I imagine Best Buy amped up their stock because it was an MCU title, but that these clowns who likely bought all the other MCU steels aren't buying this one.

Credits

SteelBook Ordering

OK, here's my take on SteelBook ordering.

The best way is not quantity, if you place 2 orders of qty 4 SteelBooks you are pretty much guaranteed to get damaged goods. Free shipping is no longer an issue since most SteelBooks are over $35 anyway.

Odds are you will get 4 from the same batch or box, so if the the warehouse guy spine slashed that box, you're more than likely to get 4 with the slash.

Secondly, any order of multiple SteelBooks in the same shipment is just asking for trouble, because they will hit each other during transit dramatically increasing the chances of damage. It's bad enough that the warehouse manhandles them to begin with, putting 4 SteelBooks in a single box with a piece of paper filler is simply begging for damaged goods.

IMO, put the odds in your favour, order a single copy and wait about 15 to 30 minutes, then place a second single order. The reason for the wait is to make sure that it won't be shipped in the same box if someone in shipping is actually vigilant and doing their job.

Obviously, this will not correct the "Disney" Clamp mark, but otherwise you increased your chances in getting a pretty mint copy at no extra charge.

Last edited by jacques1400; 09-11-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Credits

On Best Buy Canada's behalf, it applies to the US as well.
    Both sites require 2 searches to get all the results.

For Canada:

Search "Steelbook" & "only at Best Buy"

For US:

Search "Steelbook" & "only @ Best Buy"

Note that Best Buy US requires the "@" character, not sure why or if they did finally correct it.
    Using "at" strictly yielded older titles still lingering around at one point.

Credits

As much as I criticize Best Buy Canada because of their shortcomings, I nave no qualms in praising them when they do in fact meet my expectations.

Received 3 separate shipments today, The Little Mermaid, Ralph Breaks the Internet & Captain America and all were received in Pristine condition. I'm sure someone will ask the question, they were shipped in boxes.

As I mentioned previously, boxes or mailer have not been a factor in respect to damages in my case, so I don't really care how it gets shipped, as long as I get an undamaged product I'm good.

Credits
    I have to agree with you on that one @ jacques1400 Best Buy Canada does have it's moments they sent my steelbooks for Ralph Breaks the Internet & Captain America in one box and The Little Mermaid steelbook in another box all in excellent condition. I just wish same thing could be said about them and Disney steelbook title; it is either feast or famine with them. Seeing how they started the year with a strong start with the Disney steelbooks releases then it seems they have just petered out; I was hoping we would see titles like in the form of Mary Poppins Returns and/or Mary Poppins.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 02-27-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    I have to agree with you on that one @ jacques1400 Best Buy Canada does have it's moments they sent my steelbooks for Ralph Breaks the Internet & Captain America in one box and The Little Mermaid steelbook in another box all in excellent condition. I just wish same thing could be said about them and Disney steelbook title; it is either feast or famine with them. Seeing how they started the year with a strong start with the Disney steelbooks releases then it seems they have just petered out; I was hoping we would see titles like in the form of Mary Poppins Returns and/or Mary Poppins.
    They seem to have amped up their steelbook game substantially since the beginning of the year, and are starting to do a better and more efficient job shipping them to us, and we're still complaining about the few that aren't showing up? Will we ever be satisfied?

Credits
    @pikachuforever

I'm not so sure that it was a complaint as much as it was a statement of disappointment.

Agreed, we can no longer expect BB CA to dominate the SteelBook market in North America like FS did, and it's an error to compare the US offerings to ours. I will give BB CA an "A" for effort so far for the year, even though many of the titles sell out in a few days or disappear within the same period.

As for shipping, time will tell if the issue is resolved (I have my doubts,) I still believe they play Frisbee with the stock in their logistics department anyway.

As for the SteelBook community, well...... you can't make everybody happy no matter what's done, it's human nature.

Credits
    Well as much as I openly state my disappointment about Best Buy Canada when it comes them not getting enough Steelbooks of movies distributed and produced by one particular company. But I have no problem praising them when they do in fact meet my expectations when it comes to shipping (knock on wood) at this time my Code Geass: Lelouch of Rebellion - Movie Trilogy Limited Edition SteelBook came shipped in a box in impeccable condition. Keep up the great job Best Buy Canada!!!

Credits
    Hey guys, just a heads up, dont know if you knew. But i just came back from a best buy store for a steelbook refund (i buy 2 in case one is damaged), and the lovely lady at the store told me that best buy is doing shipment directly from the stores. So the best buy closest to your home is the one that ships your goodie. If you have a comment on how you want them to ship your items, i suggest to go and tell them. Thats what she told me. When i returned the steelbooks, she asked me which method was the best for the steelbooks. thats when she told about their shipment method.

Hope it can help you with the damaged cases

Credits

@CGKid91

First for me, my last shipments came from Mississauga.

I would definitely take this with a grain of salt, many times information passed on to stores is not entirely factual.
    If it is accurate, that opens up a whole new can of worms since it's wrong on so many levels.

The last outfit that was shipping from stores was HMV Canada (shipping from their Yonge street store) as a last ditch effort, and we all know how that turned out. Would I be comfortable having the "Geek Squad" packing my shipments? HELLLLLLL NO.

If the information is accurate:

Obviously they are reducing or eliminating the warehouse & logistics in favour of drop shipping from manufacturers which is a retail trend these days, not a good sign.

Re-assigning an online order for fulfillment by integrating customer orders with store replenishment is a recipe for disaster, unless each order is pre-packaged which would defeat the purpose anyway. Any other way would require to fully assign stock to stores, with low volume stores getting less in favour of the major centres receiving the bulk.
    In other words, good luck getting one if you live outside major cities.

If stores start shipping orders, then they would be issued directives and processes to follow, it would not be discretionary to individual stores and subject to customer preferences anyway.

I'm fairly certain that whomever this lady was probably had some miscommunication about some coming changes, but this is Best Buy Canada, anything is possible......

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast