Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

What do you want for $170.00?

So far Iron Man 2 and Thor Dark World are dented and going back, I had duplicate orders from BB US, so I should be good.
    If the Avengers set is damaged, I'll be seriously pissed because ordering it from BB US is serious coin, but I can guarantee you that one ding and it will go back!!!!

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    I do not know what has happened but it seems the current trend at Best Buy Canada for online preorder is that you better reserve the steelbook the first day it shows up online. Because Captain Marvel Steelbook, the Toy Story 1-3 4K UHD SteelBooks and the Cinderella 4K UHD SteelBook are no longer available for online pre-order. I guess when someone says a Disney Steelbook is available for online pre-order you better go go go; before the steelbook in question is gone, gone, gone.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 04-23-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Credits
    @Cull Obsidian

At first, I thought it was because they didnt want to show an item for pre-order that is already "sold out" so early in its pre-order life, so I kinda undestood that from a business perspective (didnt agree, but KINDA understood). But now, they also removed the cinderella pre-order, which was still available for pre-order, as was Captain Marvel if im not mistaken.

Now, im at a lost as to why some items disappear for no reason. Because of Disney I guess ?

Credits

Of course it's from their logistics/warehouse people, there is no other explanation for an item to be received damaged when it's shipped in a box the size of a toaster oven.

My Avengers set also showed up in a mailer, and is all banged up, so that's going back.
    Such a waste.....

Credits
    @CGKid91 @jacques1400

You both bring up good points; I am at a loss also but for me it seems to be a Disney thing because I still see Shazam up for online preorders and it is sold out. All I can say if you got your order in be glad; because it seems DC Extended Universe, Marvel Cinematic Universe and Walt Disney Movies get sold out quite fast.

Credits

@Scotty_Whispers

I strictly use PayPal with Best Buy CA and never had an issue, but I did get something weird with the Halloween and Avengers orders prior to the shipping day.
    For some weird reason I received a second set of PayPal authorization messages "You submitted an order in the amount of $xx.xx CAD to Best Buy" for those orders.
    I knew I had not placed any new order, so I checked my PayPal account and it said something to the respect that these were just temporary authorizations on prior purchases to ensure that my purchase went through.

I ran into this with Zavvi over the summer, who also have extra long pre-order dates. I received a notice that my method of payment (PayPal) had been declined and to review my payment method. I simply re-processed the payment and issue resolved.

I know that PayPal authorizations lapse if not taken within a certain timeframe, my guess is that the Best Buy pre-orders were made available too early and that was the end result.

In my case they simply worked directly with PayPal to get an extension I guess, but either way they should have notified you that your payment method had been declined.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    @jacques1400 @leprekon
    But when certain items like both versions 1950 or 2015 versions of the Cinderella Steelbook and the Toy Story 4K UHD 1-3 Steelbooks are not even showing up on the BBY USA online site it does have one wondering what is going on. Oh well just going to sit hear and wait; maybe things are changing for the better at BBY CAN when it come to getting Disney steelbooks.
    Well it seems some Disney steelbooks that I incorrectly speculated might be a BBY CAN exclusive like the Toy Story 4K UHD 1-3 Steelbooks https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...=960&keys=keys are now starting to show up on the Best Buy USA site. Hopefully they will post the Cinderella (Limited Edition) (SteelBook) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo) (2015) and/or the Cinderella (1950) Bluray/DVD Combo to finally confirm if we are actually getting both or if this another BBY CAN mistake.

Credits
    Nice Job!!! Best Buy Canada just updated their online website and it is finally starting to look like the Best Buy USA online site. It will take a couple of days to get accustomed to this new look especially when it comes to looking at the status of my online preorders. But I love the new upgraded site.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/categor...%253aSteelBook

Credits
    Except that Steelbooks are no longer under a quick link section and the search url isn't persisting in a link...

[Edit] Oh, and you can't sort by newest. Awesome.

Credits

I welcome an upgrade to the site, but it looks more to me like a cross between Best Buy US and Target.
    I'm hopeful this is a work in progress.

As stated, you cannot filter by "Newest" which is seriously inconvenient, hopefully some genius did not think that a "Coming Soon" section is all that's needed instead because it's not even working properly.

They did simplify the navigation controls geared towards handheld devices, so let's see what other improvements they make.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

They did simplify the navigation controls geared towards handheld devices, so let's see what other improvements they make.
    My handheld devices already have an app, geared towards handheld viewing. Now I just get a sub-par website experience on all my devices.

Credits

Forwarders

Here are other forwarders if that's your thing, there are plenty going around:

http://www.borderlinx.com/US/en/

https://www.usgobuy.com/en/about-us.html

http://www.nybox.com

http://www.stackry.com

None of these services are free, even though they hint at "free" pretty often.
    Duties/tariffs, if applicable & HST/PST are automatically pre-charged on each shipment, so expect to pay them.

Credits
    As I fiddle around with the site especially the steelbook section I am starting to notice a few things that are somewhat irritating; but I am trying to wait a little to give Best Buy Canada time to finish their upgrades. One thing I do find aggravating is that when I go to the steelbook's Sellers and have to choose from the three choices I can see what is on Discount DVD Canada and Isotope Music; but not BestBuyCanada I get a message stating.
    " Sorry, an error occured while processing your request.
    The page may be temporarily unavailable or may no longer exist.
    Please take a moment to provide us feedback by clicking the button below and telling us what you were attempting to do when this error occured. Your input will help us improve the quality of the site for our customers."

Hopefully this is a temporary problem and they are not lumping a third party retailer Discount DVD Canada products in with BestBuyCanada's products.

Credits

Shopping Best Buy US

Been doing this since dinosaurs roamed the earth.

1. You cannot shop Best Buy US using a Canadian Credit card as is, and unless something changed this month, PayPal for International orders is not an accepted method of payment.

2. You obviously need to create an account with your name as it appears on your credit card, and planned US shipping address. Phone number should also match what's on file with your credit card.

3. The billing address needs to be EXACTLY as follows:

10780 KEMPWOOD DR
    HOUSTON, TX 77043

Important: the help document address shows Kempwood Dr. (with a "."), do not enter the period after "Dr" otherwise it will always give you an invalid billing address error.

4. I never used any forwarding company, but on a quick glance many of the stores listed on the front page of MyUS.com already have International Shipping available (at a cheaper rate), and BEST BUY is not listed as one of the stores they can help you with. As stated, they won't ship to known forwarders, so that could be the "why."

5. Shipping from the US to Canada via USPS is ludicrous, and thanks to Trump, expect to pay the state tax on your purchase, unless it is shipped directly to you outside the USA, this applies to any purchase including eBay, not optional.

For casual buyers, you're probably better off looking for group buys, or as much as I hate to say this since I hate them with a passion, hoarders on eBay.

Credits
    Sadly, I just received my defective Dumbo 2019 steelbook in the mail today in the oversized box. Unfortunately the upper clamps of the steelbook is broken will not seal and/or close shut. The worst part about there is no replacements at Best Buy Canada so I can either just return it and have nothing or do not return it get stuck with a defective copy. I am impressed with this ; I have no idea what is going on but this is happening way to often now and unfortunately customer service is just plain useless.

EDIT: Just read on hidefninja.com that many got emails from Best Buy saying they are unable to fulfill many of the the orders due to a lack of inventory; but a $50 voucher for compensation I guess I should be happy I got a damaged copy.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 06-25-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast